Reviews for Reverb
lily anson chapter 17 . 2/23
Absolutely brilliant. It captured me and aside from an hour break to eat I didn't stop reading once I started. Thank you so much for this.
kittn chapter 17 . 7/25/2012
Wonderful ending to a fascinating story! so sorry for the late catch-up, but this story was so fantastically written I didn't mind starting over from the beginning. All 102,706 words were worth the read. Always enjoyable to read one of your detailed stories with their vivid descriptions. Bravo!
Lauren.MacFan chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Loved this story! Great job reconciling the whole 'how could Murdoc survive falling off the Widowmaker' question. The way you intergrated the two story plots together was excellent. Mac, Sam, Nikki, Pete, Murdoc . . . all the characters were portrayed to perfection. Thanks for a great story!
avidgokufan chapter 17 . 1/5/2012
Very impressive. Well done. It's been a while since I've read a fanfic that has thrilled me this much. I enjoyed this very much. Continue. You are quite talented.
bandj4ever chapter 17 . 12/30/2010
Great stuff, as always. It's my joy to sit down, relax and know that a writer is going to take me on an enjoyable journey. Thanks for the thoroughly absorbing trip. Cheers Jackie.
Kippling chapter 17 . 12/19/2010
Ok! took me way too long to review. :D Did I say i simply loved this story? And I love the way you reconciled the Sam and Lisa situation. I really liked the insight into Nikki and why she acted the way she did toward Mac. Your writing adds a depth to the TV series that I'm not sure was even intended by the orginal writers! Hee Hee, i loved the "dumb blond" routine explanation Nikki gave for Mac...soo true! Oh! Oh! and favorite lines...

"Nikki, don't you get it? I'm too...damned old to run around the planet playing hero." "Sure. Says the man whose name is a verb."

:D :D :D And I simply melted at the scene with the pictures of Pete and Petra...I wondered where Petra got her name.

Thanks so much for the fun ride! Any time you feel like writing something else, I'll be happy to read...! grin
Niente Zero chapter 17 . 10/3/2010
Although this didn't advance the plot, I didn't find it gratuitous. I guess I am the kind of person who enjoys the wrapping up of loose ends, and I would have found an ending at the end of the last chapter to be abrupt and somewhat cold considering the amount of warmth and familial love that was woven through the rest of the story.

I sort of laughed really, really hard at Mac's tweeting. Um. Yes.

I very much appreciated the conversation between Lisa and Nikki, especially about Nikki's past, about her role during the seasons of the show. I've been thinking a lot about it since I read it. Things are different now, and yet... not enough. At least not in my industry. But her past and their past together (even though it means she DID end up talking to Lisa about MacGyver... darn man getting in the middle of everything) really shone a light on the whole, complicated relationship in a way that I think benefits the whole story. I also really appreciated getting Lisa's point of view about what was happening between her and Sam. I'd quite like to read a sequel where you left the blokes out of it altogether and Nikki and Lisa had daring adventures, or, indeed, had interesting but mostly administrative roles that came with a lot of challenges.

Of course Phoenix has employee forums. And of course people don't get fired for bitching on them. I want to work there so badly!

...very small voice... deleted scene?

Well, this was another tour de force and something I am definitely tucking away to curl up and re-read on a snowy or rainy weekend when not trying to accomplish a million other things. I just loved every part of it, every progression, every story that was to be told within the story. It's got such great mechanics, such great structure. It's a whole little clockwork universe set in motion for us to read, and then a breath of life into it in the form of your deft way with the characters. Brava!
Niente Zero chapter 16 . 10/3/2010
I am really glad that you made the revisions that you did to this chapter. I was having a bit of a hard time with it before... not that I found your characterization unlikely, just disturbing. So that extra bit of clarity and understanding of what you were intending is perfect and leaves me feeling less uneasy. It also just adds the depth of pathos that should be there, I think. Nothing too sickly sentimental of course.
BullDemon chapter 17 . 10/3/2010
Wonderful story, Beth! A great ending too. If only we could see Mac in his older years - he may have slowed down a bit, but he can save the day and get the girl (or girls if you count the granddaughters).

I look forward to your next story - hope one starts up soon :)
Questfan chapter 17 . 9/27/2010
Oh how do I describe how brilliant I think this story was? You have written an absolutely enthralling tale that just kept going from strength to strength. Your research was superb and it showed as the details of the story rolled out. I love it that Sam and Lisa got another chance and the ending was so overdue.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! Loved it.
Questfan chapter 15 . 9/27/2010
"Darn tootin'. I could have my sock puppet accounts Friend your sock puppet accounts. Think of that for a moment."

I think that is your best and funniest line in this whole amazing story. I have teenagers and this just cracked me up!
stareagle chapter 15 . 8/30/2010
Great chapter - great story that I hate to see come to an end. Thank you for breathing life into Mac and his family. I hope you will continue to write new tales. Excellent job.
Niente Zero chapter 15 . 8/29/2010
I will save my long, rambling, no doubt spoiler-heavy review for elsewhere... but I wanted to know that I smiled all through the first half and was tense and anticipatory through the second. Good job!
Taryn chapter 15 . 8/29/2010
This was *beyond* awesome. LOVE the back story you gave Murdoc, and the Sam & Lisa togetherness, and MacGyver still kicking ass. Your writing is amazing and so descriptive - I'm impressed with all the attention to detail. BRAVO! and looking forward to the epilogue!
BullDemon chapter 15 . 8/29/2010
Nicely done, Beth. The moments of domestic life for Sam are neat to see. For a character we only got to see once on the show, you've given him depth, feelings, and most of all, a life.

A fitting result (epilogue aside) to one aspect of MacGyver's life. I think Pete would have liked it :)

Look forward to reading the rest!