Reviews for Acceptance and Love
yllimilly chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
And after the hors d'oeuvres, the plat principal.

I really liked this, we can really tell you poured your heart in it and there are many realistic details that make it so much better than your generic 'funeral scene'. It also makes it obvious that one of your strengths is 'juggling with a big cast of characters'. And gosh, puppyshipping or not, that Seto/Joey interaction was to die for. Exactly what I would imagine it to be.

I also liked how Mai goes 'well you know me' and 'maybe not, Joey' instead of going full blown emo towards him. And I love the understatement in the implied happy (bitter sweet happy?) ending.

That's all I can say for now, if not that reading your polar fics makes me want the gift prize even more. ;A;

-Milly
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
I just read this on Livejournal but came here to review, since my own preference is to get reviews on this site. ;)

Beautiful, thought-provoking, and so sad and bittersweet. I love all the details you've put into it! It's always interesting to see what people choose as occupations for the characters several years in the future. Joey into science and math? Wow. And yet somehow, oddly enough, I can see it. Tristan in the Marines too, that really seems IC for him. Ryou is the only one who really surprised me, but then again he is a constant surprise in the manga version! ;)

I like the way you were so vague on exactly what happened to Yugi. It's a needed element and yet, saying too much might have taken away from the main points. Tea having been engaged to him is so sad and tragic.

(Admittedly, I thought maybe she was engaged to Seto, especially with his remarks indicating he had been around her a lot. But I am unashamedly a Seto/Tea shipper.)

I like how you portrayed Seto's interaction with the others. It's nice to see him and Joey acting civil and mature to each other.

I like how you tied the shipping in with the overarching theme of the story. And Joey/Mai is one of the few ships I like in the series! I'll be recommending this fic to someone who loves them.

I'm glad to hear Joey plans to move back to Domino after college. That feels so right.

The ending was also a surprise, but lovely. It adds some hope for the characters and their possible future together.

Wonderful fic!
Death101- Fox Version chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Nicely done. Shame it took Yugi dying for that to happen.

-d101
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
I like it. You really put your heart into this, and I really wanna cry, not because it is sad all throughout, but because of the numerable truths that ring within it.

But I'm not gonna cry, because now is not the time nor place. I really admire how you were able to use this tragedy in your prsonal life to fuel your writing. I know that I would have great difficulty doing something like that.

This was a very rightly heart wrenching piece, and I thank you for writing it.

I wish to recommend this piece for the month of September.

Best wishes in al sincerity,

TDH
Ubiquitcus chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Thank you cous.
MyBrotherTadashi chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
that was really meaningful, nicely done. I'm sorry about your grandmother. I'm sure she's fine now.

His Calypso chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Wow. This was very touching. It's good that you can manage your grief with writing. I wish I could do that. Your grandmother would be proud. :)