Reviews for Le Déclin du jour de Johnna
Gotta Dance 88 chapter 18 . 9/5/2014
Woo-hoo! As your beta(at least, I think I'm still your beta :p), I look forward to helping you out :)
Alaina Gyeunn chapter 17 . 11/12/2012
awesome man! but when is johanna getting a romance of her own?
Angel JJK chapter 17 . 9/11/2012
Interesting. Til next time.
RexNina chapter 2 . 3/6/2012
Hey I just got one question isnt it weird that physically she is just 14 even if she does change her appearance ?
amaris12345 chapter 15 . 9/19/2011
It is an interesting story.

I don't read edward/bella's stories ever. I can't stand the boy together with bella...well we saw it in the books.

But you write well. You expose your ideas and plot in a very talented way. It is very good. honestly.
Clio1792 chapter 15 . 7/9/2011
Ah, so Johanna knew she wss a fairy from the get-go! That's an interesting development! But it didn't give her any powers to repel her creepy husband? And the evil Vincent? And who was Elise-is this her sister-in-law? How awful!

I liked the way you built a plot summary into Jasper's argument with Rosalie-and Johanna's conversation with Peter...this, I think was helpful for grounding Johanna's character..and answered a great many questions for this reader...

And I guess this sets the stage for the next three chapters...

awaiting them,

Clio1792 chapter 14 . 7/9/2011
It is really sad how much Johanna misses Jacques, when one considers that it has been two hundred years. The implication is that, in all that time, she has never met anyone who has replaced him as an ideal.

I like "the deadliest things come in small packages." That's a quotable line! Funnier still that even when it's widely advertised that it's a Sadie Hawkins dance, the guys still insist on asking the girls out...male privilege dies hard!

Edward's courtship of Bella and the banter is here is is the last section with the diary and explanation of Johanna's background, which gives a nice sense of Carlisle as an eighteenth-century scientist/doctor, a man of the early Enlightenment-and interesting that Johanna would have managed to cultivate scientific interests, despite her condition..

This plot development is very interesting!

Clio1792 chapter 13 . 7/9/2011
Nice that Johanna is finally opening up a bit in this chapter; I was amused by the characterization of the couple who enjoy sex and then comment on other people's sex lives? I don't think of people who are happy in bed as being voyeurs, but maybe that's just my limited imagination!

I liked Carlisle's question: "what did you do now, Johanna?"

One way she may be trying to protect Bella is cultivating Edward; Bella's getting mixed messages if she feels a clear interest, but at the same time is seeing him with someone with whom he seems to share some history, or knowledge...Johanna's "in the club," so speak; Bella isn't.

Nice to bring "The Scarlet Pimpernel" in to the story-is Edward Bella's "Percy"? Is she his "Marguerite?"

Or is Johanna?

Clio1792 chapter 12 . 7/8/2011
I didn't have any problem with the French in this chapter, but why is there a discussion about what to do about Bella? My reading of the biology lab exchange was not necessarily that Bella had figured out that they were a family of vampires (although she does eventually yes?), but that she was telling her personal life pretty quickly, which is something you do when you are attracted to someone. So why does everyone want to get rid of her?

Intestine chapter,

Clio1792 chapter 11 . 7/8/2011
Interesting development here...Edward is simultaneously building a relationship with Johanna (do they regard each other like brother and sister, or is she a rival for Bella? Couldn't quite figure out...) and with Bella, to whom he is clearly very stroly attracted.

There's a nice layer of irony (or, more frankly of humor), in having Edward and Bella out the first tentative feelers out in biology class...

And a nice way to end, with Johanna dancing to Edward's music..

Good chapter,

Clio1792 chapter 10 . 7/7/2011
So Carlisle identifies himself as a "father-figure?" I guess, if he's a doctor, he might be that self-aware...

"I'm a bit of a sensualist, I guess. I love feeling zeengs with my 'ands and feet, which es why I was barefooted when you first met me." Nice here.

Ah, so Esme and Johanna have something in common-this would tie into their peace with becoming vampires if the world they left behind included abusive husbands...

That was a good touch, as is Bella's enthusiasm for Emily Bronte-I guess we know she is about to enter into a long "amour maladie" of her own?

Clio1792 chapter 9 . 7/7/2011
"C'est magnifique I'm no longer ze shiny new toy"

That is the funniest line I've read in this piece so far! Excellent!

"Mrs. Cullen can't have kids, so she adopts"-dismissive, mean-spirited. Good establishment of their lamentable character-there are other ways, besides sucking people's blood, to inflict harm.

The action and drama was interesting, and then there was more diffusing humor, when Carlisle inquired why Johanna was up a tree venting in French. Their exchange was interesting-I take it they WERE involved at some point? I wondered about this.

I think we all would have been uncomfortable with Edward massacring his entire biology class, but is there any way he could have perhaps dispatched Lauren and Jessica?

Good chapter,

Clio1792 chapter 8 . 7/4/2011
Is Lauren Mallory part of the canon, too? She seems gratitiously unpleasant...

Nice that Johanna appreciates MGM musicals...a small dividend to being over 200 years old, eh?

So Edward hasn't met Bella in this piece, and their meeting is part of this story? Interesting...

Clio1792 chapter 7 . 6/30/2011
I guess killing and draining the blood from a deer doesn't really play out as predatory, given that the numbers of deer in some parts of the country have lead to problems?...and, after all, it does beat killing a human to drink their blood...but would Johanna and Alice really go speeding after animals in their designer clothes? Don't they ever wear something just to hunt and look frumpy in?

I'm thinking, however, of that recent book about living in Paris, where an American who ran out of the house, looking frumpy, was scolded by a French friend-"you CAN go out of your apartment looking however you like-but you shouldn't!"

Perhaps this is Johanna's philosophy as well?

And perhaps Gaston's? An interesting mixture of a good, and at the same time, slightly contemptuous host? ("You CAN sit on a chaise lounge as you'd sit on a sofa-but you shouldn't...")

These are all interesting characters, but I'm waiting to see how Johanna's status as a "fairy" affects all this...

Clio1792 chapter 6 . 6/25/2011
Johanna seems to be the recipient of a great deal of hostility from the local students, but so far, she is handling it with a sharp tongue and a solid wardrobe.

Carlisle's indulgent attitude toward her antics is very avuncular-but I'm wondering if there is any potential interest from any of the younger men in the Cullen household? And will Johanna meet Bella at any point?