Reviews for Ou Mort
bbissocute chapter 2 . 7/11/2011
Very interesting. A strange perspective, but certainly thoughtstirring. Wonderful work.
terfle chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I actually only know of Elisabeth but i liked this story. Definately could picture Death the way you wrote it
sadjdapeihaois chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Concerning the infamous "Let them eat cake," I believe it was an apocryphal quote. I'm pretty sure it appeared in the writings of Rousseau or someone similar to him and he stated that it was said by a famous princess. Yet at the time he wrote this, Marie Antoinette was very young so it couldn't have been her. Don't quote me on this though. Hopefully I can get a decent review in on the actual story later. I love the French Rev, so you know I'll be reading it.
Mrs. James Norrington chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
...A Hetalia/Elisabeth crossover. Oh. My. God.

Will you marry me? I literally screamed out loud when I saw this.

And Uwe's version of Der Tod, too! And all of the wonderful, breathtaking historical references...

I honestly don't think I can tell you how much your characterization (both of Death and of France) or how heartbreakingly intriguing your view on the Nations is...

You've captured the cold, universally contemptuous voice of the pre-Elisabeth Death PERFECTLY.

My two obsessions, so expertly captured...I just wish I was feeling coherent enough to write you a substantial review.

The tone, the interplay between them...Marvelous.

Thank you.

Penny
Peridot Tears chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
Hm. Nice take on Death. This is the usual scorn of residents on Earth - but his toleration of France really grabs my liking.

Ah, Napoleon...

PT
Thiaf chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
I second the notion that we need more Revolution!France.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the way they spoke to each other seemed quite accurate for the time.

One of my profs said people spoke (ideally) in a courteous manner to avoid dishonour...or I'm just rambling now..sorry OTL
milapa chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Amazing story. There really needs to be more about the French Revolution. I have to give a report on it in a few days, so this was great inspiration.
satoru-13 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Okay...I'm probably really spamming your inbox now...I don't usually review but your fics really need them, w

I love the way you write France! w
Alega chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I don’t believe that you reach to understand that MUCH I have loved this.

I have read a several Revolucionary!France’s fics, but never with this point of view so original. Its feel the despair in every word, that darkness that surround to Francis, the doubt of himself faced with the acts that he have make, the accept without fright the presence of the death. I adore the dialogue too.

And that he prefers to forget, these coincide much with the idea that I have of Francis (of someone that play with his memory ever he don’t realizing consciously of it).

In few words, I adore the fic :D
Peridot Tears chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
First of all, I can't really express how much exactly I love your writing. Second of all - the last line of dialogue was indeed cruel; and that really gives it some sort of...appropriate ending. Seriously - and then the very last line, "Death smiles cruelly, and leaves Francis in agony"; not only does that sound good and wraps everything up in its own way, but the meaning itself can go in more ways than one - and I really love that. A lot.

Your dialogue rocks, the atmosphere pwns, and overall the whole thing's awesome.

PT
RedHatMeg chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Yes, there is surprisingly no fics about French Revolution. And your fic was great also because of the idea with Death.