Reviews for And Now for Something Completely Different
mckydstarlight chapter 1 . 11/2
Wow. That's a scary thought.
gr8read chapter 1 . 8/19
Okay, I have to comment on this one.
You left us hanging. Were the 2 years real or is all this waking up and it never happened real?
Whew, what a kick in the head story.
Great work by the way.
Have you ever watched an old TV program or movie and know the fate of the actor's actual life?

That is way too close to being God that I want to be, and that is too close.
lillelouis chapter 1 . 1/28
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
I love the idea behind this. All the Dean angst, but we still get pre-demon blood Sam and there is no apocalypse! You did such a good job showing how hard the transition was for Dean. I only wish there was more. And does the ending mean they die instead of killing the SOB?
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Just found this and had to tell you how much I enjoyed this extremely creative story. I can tell you that it is even MORE mind-blowing considering all that has happened since you wrote this.

I absolutely loved the way you wrote Dean - his confusion, physical reactions, pulling into himself to try to sort out this mess, his wariness of Sam and his initial inability to wrap his head around the whole concept. Which if you really think about it - wow. Can you imagine being hit on the head let's say, waking up and going about your life as you know it, only to find out when you wake up some morning two years later, that it was only a dream and in fact it's the same day? God!

Anyway, loved how you showed S2 Sam reacting to his brother as he would have at that time instead of how he reacted to Dean in later years. Quite the contrast! Also, loved Sam's reaction to drinking the demon blood - too bad that same feeling didn't stick!

Amazing story. Just loved it until that last line. ;) Of course it's left open to interpretation, but I think it means that the demon came for Sam and everything happened just as Dean "imagined" it would. :(

Thanks for sharing this story with us - it was really fantastic.
BMick chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Wow, what a trip! Read your Atlantis posts and came to your page, then spent a couple hours here reading your Supernatural fics. Enjoyed several of them very much. This one, though - really, really original. I like your writing, and I'll be looking for more.

P.S. - When I saw the title, I was looking for something light leading from Monty Python, so the actual storyline was even more of a jolt!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
This reality might work out better than the show.
Music Marauder chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
A world of interesting...and fascinating idea. Makes me miss s2 Sam a bit...

That last line makes me wonder what happens after this.

Thanks for posting. :)
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
This one is also really good! And that's a *terrible* place to leave things, I hope you realize. Interesting concept and it was neat to see S5!Dean be confronted by S2!Sam, so much younger and more innocent. I'm very intrigued by what this story means - whether anything in Dean's two dream years was actually true or if it was all dreamed up (and what it could mean that his brain could come up with 40 years in Hell, for that matter) and that last line is an absolute killer. Lovely smart and protective Sam as well!
PADavis chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
This was appalling ... desirable. And I loved S3 and S4, and I'm here thinking yeah, wouldn't it be great if. Until the last sentence of course which was unnerving and sent a chill down my back.

Amazing fic.

llivla chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
I was skeptical at the summary, but you blew my *MIND* away at the execution here. Dean is...well, how I was expecting him to act in 4.01 really post-hell. Scrambled, suspicious, afraid, angry. I like his distance from Sam because of how messed up everything went the last two years, and Sam, I love how you emphasized his confusion through youth and not being used to this, and how different he is from the Sam that slowly fell part S3 onward and never got back together.

Again, I love your Dean, from him holding details back to constantly walking around to try to have things make sense, to feeling around little things like Bela.

And an evil cliff hanger! :O Blast. How can you call this completed? If you ever revisit this verse again, count me in.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Fascinating concept - wow - that's a mind blower!

and the last sentence?
Maz101 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
This was such an interesting idea and you did a good job with showing just what it would do to Dean's head to discover the last two years were not real. ..."The physical stuff he can handle, always has been able to. He just finds something else to occupy his mind. This torture IS his mind: two memories warring for his attention."...It would be so exhausintgly impossible to sort through.

And nice job in Sam's reaction too.

Also, it was tight characterisation to have Dean still holding back some details.
everybetty chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
I'm like a mom, proud of her kid's handiwork! Gonna put this on the fridge!

As I told you, a very cool twist that actually had me thinking more on the second read. He did forty years in Hell on top of the two years. And if he imagined Sam's little walk on the dark side, imagine what it means that he imagined himself being tortured and torturer for forty years. Brr. Very thinky (in a good way) fic, C. Congrats!