Reviews for Retail Therapy
Elle Whitecap chapter 41 . 11/15
I really really loved this story up until the big reveal. Don’t get me wrong, I love angst, I just didn’t like Bella’s reaction. I don’t think it was real or healthy. She literally gave up her career for his... because of him really. I wanted to keep my strong independent Bella, but in the end, she gave in to his emotional manipulations I’m really sad for how it went after the reveal. I believe they could’ve had an HEA, but in a way that made Edward grow as a person and as a character.
Elle Whitecap chapter 39 . 11/15
Edward is being shifty again... late night “business” with Carlisle? Right. And she just trusts that this “business” has nothing to do with her? This is why I believe she gave in too soon. He’s just not trust worthy.
Elle Whitecap chapter 34 . 11/15
I have a hard time believing that she trusts him. No one could trust another so soon after having been betrayed so thoroughly.
Elle Whitecap chapter 33 . 11/15
I have to eyeroll at them because I think they’re both making a mistake. They still have so many unresolved issues. I don’t think Edward has atoned for his sins but what was a formerly independent Bella now seems codependent and willing to forgive him without thought. She’s really doing herself a disservice by falling back so quickly. He’s always going to make her decisions for her and emotionally manipulate her is she gives in now.
Elle Whitecap chapter 32 . 11/15
I think their unhealthy obsession with each other is clouding her judgement. Carlisle overstepped by lying about medical leave. That is unethical. Edward is too high handed. He keeps making decisions for her and that’s really not cool. Again, he ruined her career and he doesn’t understand what it’s like to be a female executive. He brushes off her concerns because he’s kind of an asshole in that way. I really think they need more time apart.
Elle Whitecap chapter 31 . 11/15
Ok, now I kind of feel like he’s emotionally manipulating her. Withholding sex until she trusts him again? That could take a long time. I feel like he’s withholding sex to speed up the process and that’s just wrong. Again, I think she forgave him way too easily. He pretty much ruined her career, something she worked her ass off for and he’s not even acknowledging that.
Elle Whitecap chapter 30 . 11/15
To be honest, I think she forgave him far too easily. When I think about his comment in their first date, it’s actually disgusting. And did those women at the conference know about Edward? Or were they really talking about Mike? It’s hard for women to get to executive positions and what he did to her will always cast a shadow on her professional reputation. I don’t think he really understands that and she let him off the hook.
Elle Whitecap chapter 28 . 11/15
I’m confused. I thought she lived in Washington?
Love love love this fic! Thank you for sharing your words.
LadyTradBow chapter 40 . 4/14
I've enjoyed this story. I know it's my opinion only, but I don't think the proposal was romantic at all. I think you ruined it. I know your intention is to make Bella's character a strong and intelligent woman, but with the decisions that she makes and the completely obvious situations that she doesn't see, leaves me with an image of a complete airhead. You could lose a couple...or 20...of your lemons. It's a bit of an overkill and I'm starting to just skip over them. They all sound exactly the same until of course you tell us how "completely new and perfect" it is. I would also like to point out that describing a special outfit, like a wedding dress for instance, is one thing; but to describe every single outfit that she puts on is tiring. Most people don't really care about labels and could care less what she's wearing to work, to yoga, to the bars, to the movies, to the zoo, etc. Also, executive positions NEVER hire on the spot. I hate to say these things, because your writing is a heck of a lot better than mine, but that's the thing, your are a good writer. I've read some of your other work, which is what lead me to this story, and I've really enjoyed them. I didn't look at the date, so I'm just going to guess that it's one of your earlier works. I apologize if I offended you, it wasn't my intention but I hoped you would want to know some of the things going through your readers mind when reading one of your stories. Good luck to you and yours. Keep on writing, you really are doing great.
Melcatt chapter 28 . 4/11
Bella is an irrational idiot!
ohsugarhoney chapter 5 . 4/7
this is so dramatic
MichelleGarcia95 chapter 41 . 2/24
Bom, olá!
Eu gostei dessa história.
Realmente gostei.
Mas claro que teve momentos que dava vontade de entrar a história e dar uns bons tapas nessa Bella tão exagerada! Kkkkk
Teve momentos muitos irritantes pra mim!
Mas superei! Kkkkk
MichelleGarcia95 chapter 37 . 2/24
Aí gente...
Eu acho essa Bella muito exagerada!
MichelleGarcia95 chapter 35 . 2/14
Realmente não foi uma novidade saber que o Mike é apaixonado pela Bella.
Mas espero que ele não se transforme em outra pessoa ao ser rejeitado...
Porque ele é um cara legal.
5,168 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »