Reviews for Marry Me
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
ProbablyNotGoingToUpdate chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Yes... a very interesting, but believable take on Cossette and Marcello's relationship. I had no trouble believing that Cossette did not truly love him, and probably had another- being real- romance, but I personally felt that your take on Henri and their relationship was perhaps a little rushed. While I understand that this is a one-shot, and that you can't go into detail with things that are of lesser significance, I think that you could have either introduced Henri while Cossette and he were already seeing each other, or introduce him, indicate more meetings, and then have them be in love.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that Cossette might have been a little young to feel the adolescent love-at-first-sight feelings, and receive pleasure from Henri's "touching", but it is your story.

I was nearly caught into believing that this was what actually happened in the Anime, until Henri started suddenly explaining that the man everyone loved just might be an insane murder, and that guy who was around here a little while ago just might be dead. I'm a little picky when it comes to forced dialogue,and I think you still need a little more work when it comes to characters elaborating on things, but you are not too far off otherwise.

One closing remark- did Marcello not finish Cossette's portrait? You depicted it like he did not "perfect" it, and the whole reason as to why he killed her was that he wanted to keep his portrait of her true to the real thing, so he could not let her change (i.e. stay alive).

Anyway, all criticism aside, a very wonderfully done story. There aren't enough Le Portrait de Petite Cossette stories out there.
NekoLen chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Very compelling. I thought I would read some ff for this anime/manga because I fell in love with it thanks to my friend. I bought the OVA, but I haven't read the manga, so I'm having to do lots of research on the topic. I'll be doing a ff for it soon, but as I haven't read the manga, I won't have a complete understanding of it.

Anyway, I liked your story, and I agree with the whole relationship thing between Marcello and Cossette. I think it could of been that she was more in awe and fasinated by him at first, but slowly became to love him. In the OVA anyway, she does say how it hurt to be killed by the one she loved. If their relationship was harsh and cruel, she would've just been hurt by the fact that he killed her and she was supposed to trust him...

But then I'm thinking too deep about it. She could've been angry that he killed her and he was supposed to love her more than anything...

Anyway, sorry about my long rant about this topic. I loved the story and your writing style is unique and very easy to read...

Best of luck, and thanks! Love Reg.

BTW, see you soon... :)
SydelleCroix chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
I've loved it!
yume girl 91 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Interesting since I've seen the anime. :) nice, me likes.