Reviews for River's Very Own Gorram Jungle Gym
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Very cute :) If the series continued, I imagine River doing something similar to this. She's just that kind of person. I love how Wash and Book are alive, so does that mean this is pre-PDM? Or an AU?

Anyway, great job!
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
*cracks up* Oh, I love the last line! River is great. This was very, very good. Like all the other characters you capture River's "voice" perfectly. I think she'd be the hardest to write, personally, but you make it look easy!
JustLikeToRead chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Ditto... :)
Sage Darkwoods chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I really liked how you handled River's inner monologue - the tiny bits about how she always notices the smiles when they think she's not watching, and the slight disconnectedness she feels at their social pleasantries. Your River voice is very strong.
AngusH chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
This is really nice. Somehow I can just see River getting that idea too, plus Simon's line at the end. :-)
michelel72 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
This is a pleasant interlude, very in keeping with River. Nicely done.
JoBelle chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Excellent River voice very in character (which is v hard to do since she's so flighty so major props there! :) )! I particularly liked the bit where she thinks she'd get all 3 for her performance. Very River-like :)
RionaEire chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
That was a lovely story, you write River wonderfully, still touched but happy and content today. It is so nice to see happy River and I think her idea of how to use the cargo hold is a great one and they should let her do it, clearly she has the skill so they don't have to worry about her getting hurt. She'll stop if she feels less coherant and so they should let her be because she's having fun. I like how the story is told in the present tense, quite effective and your ability to write from River's point of view is well showcased here. And the title is really funny too.

Riona
Bytemite chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Fun! Though the ship is full of sharp things, falls, and heights...

Oh well, too like Simon. River is unlikely to injure herself.
Reason-Flower chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Well done, a nice little River moment during one of her more sane periods. I assume this happens during the series, unless you decided to ignore Wash and Book's deaths? You wouldn't be the only writer he did. I like the way you captured River's internal logic - most of what she does kind of makes sense if you look at it from her point of view, like disregarding Simon's notions of time. The not-quite-normal phrasing and expressions served to emphasise this, such as when words 'spill out of Inara's deep red mouth'. And River being frustrated by the erroneous reasoning in Book's Bible, well, we know that's very River, given that scene in Jaynestown. Plus, River doesn't want to share Simon, cute. It's just like River to give the structure of the ship a whole different purpose, turning it into a jungle-gymn, simply because she can. There's no crazy Rayne (I happen to entertain an irrational dislike of the idea of a River/Jayne relationship, but anyway) or anything particularly angsty or intellectual or romantic or ridiculous, it's just a lovely little snapshot of River's daily life and thoughts. Brilliant. And I loved the phrase 'bare feet whisper-stepping'. I know it's not big, but I just thought it was lovely. Very poetic.:)