Reviews for Mga Kumpisal ng Isang Lolicon
Hermes tonsils chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Hello... First time seeing a fellow kababayan on this site
Sora G. Strife chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Dude, you can get mad at me if you want, because this might hurt. I have great respect for you as a writer, and all your other works that I have read were excellent and funny. I'm not even sure I have the right to criticize you, since I'm not that skilled with Filipino myself.

BUT:

I have never liked English-to-Filipino translations, I'm afraid. The temptation to do a word-for-word translation like Google runs too high for someone who's too well educated with just one of those languages. Notice in fansubs of anime that the subtitles' syntax do not conform to the Japanese. Show I will to you my point. See you how weird these sentences of mine are? That is what happens to direct translation from Filipino (try translating the last two sentences back directly).

I was also reading the other reviews. Not many people bother translating from English to Filipino outside of children's books because the Filipino I meet on the streets is capable of at least understanding both languages, and can translate in their heads. Unless it's some deep nosebleed s**t.

In the end, the only cure for this kind of thing is reading more in Filipino. What doesn't kill you will only make you better, so I suggest you read "Dekada 70" and "Tundo Man ay May Langit Din."

On another note, Sir Vlad? As in Vladimir Lopez? Just who are you?
Jun March chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
WARNING: What follows is meant to be the opinion of a Pinay(actually, half) who is simply trying to type her thoughts in as nice, but non-spoiling, way. It is not meant to be a flame, no matter how much it seems like it.

_

The tranlation is good, although it does give one the impression of someone trying to write/type in a language foreign to him/her.I spotted several wrong spellings here (some of which making them turn into other words that don't make much sense to the sentence) and the fic all in all reminded me of a friend of mine who wasn't really very good at Tagalog speaking and spelling. I also noticed while reading that either you are close to failing your Filipino class, or that you don't speak Tagalog very often.

Nonetheless, I admire the fact that you tried your best at translating this. Not many people try to translate stuff to the Tagalog language.

I would advice you to keep practicing Tagalog if you ever wish/hope to write/type/speak to another Tagalog-speaker fluently and without mistakes, though. And if you're planning on making another Tagalog fic, I would very much advise you to get a Pinoy/Pinay beta.

-Just another half-Pinay,

Schwarze Prinzessin
Barbara Leigh chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
Hi!

Rumate ko ang isa mong classmate sa isang workshop class under kay Sir Vlad. Wala lang, nagulat ako nun my readings siya from fanfiction at my assignment pa kayo na fanfic.

I compared this with your original version. I'm not a fan fan of anime, but I see that you're one hell of a fan here, and you could really translate it into Tagalog. So proud to be Pinoy, huh?

Nice. _
frik1000 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Wow, I didn't know you were a Filipino. I don't really enjoy Yuri so I didn't read into it much but great job translating it. I read this cause I was surprised by the title.

Ang galing mo sa pagsalin ng isang lumang kwento sa ingles na ginawa mong tagalog. Kaka-aliw na base pa ito sa Negima, yuri-loli pa. Galing. :D

Yeah...well great work anyway. :D