Reviews for Carnage Necropolis
Smash King24 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
I'm a HUGE Pokemon fan.

I'm an even BIGGER Resident Evil fan.

I'm absolutely amazed at the quality of this fic. I wanted to do a Pokemon/RE crossover a long time ago, but I never thought how I would make it work. I thought, "Hm, how can I incorporate Pokemon with the REAL world?" Eventually, I scrubbed the idea and made a Smash Bros. crossover that has received much praise.

THIS story, however, switches my original idea around into something worthwhile. Instead of bringing Pokemon to the Resident Evil world, you brought Resident Evil to the Pokemon world. NOW THAT is what I call a great combination!

Just to give you a bit of background about me, I've played almost every RE game (even 5) and I've played almost every Pokemon game, so I know plenty about each individual series on their own. I've seen all the movies from each series as well (except the NEW Pokemon one, but no one cares about Darkrai anyway).

What I like about this story is how the main characters are Ash, Brock, Misty and Team Rocket, who were the original cast to the first season of Pokemon, which is also the season where I fell in love with the series. I can picture the ORIGINAL voice actors speaking in this fic and it's so cool that I can't even describe it! I thoroughly enjoyed how you stayed true to the Pokemon personalities (like Wobuffet's rude interruptions), but most notably, I like how you emphasize Meowth's accent. IT'S SO REAL!

Now, coming from the RE perspective, I have to say you've captured the environment quite nicely. I know that the city REALLY ISN'T Raccoon City, but it's a nice match. Everything is so dark and creepy and you don't hesitate to jump right into the action! It's stories like these that make me wish there were more decent writers on the site. Some of these stories are just CRAP!

But not this one, oh no, this one made it to my favorites list. That alone makes this story something special.

I don't want Ash to be a Chris Redfield, nor do I expect that to happen. EVERYTHING is fine just the way it is as far as characters go. I DO hope, however, to see some gun fights because, well, I don't think Thundershock would be an effective attack to fend off a horde of zombies.

Other things I hope to see are the appearance of some well known monsters such as the Lickers, Hunters, Tyrants, and (my personal fav) the Crimson Heads. There is a large variety of enemies you can choose from. Seeing some Plagas action would be cool too!

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, not everyone is perfect. There was ONE issue I had with this chapter and that was the OVERUSE OF QUESTIONS, both rhetorical and regular. I found it rather annoying and it made the narrator seem like an actual character in the story rather than an observer from the side. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED PRONTO! But other than that, I found no other error besides the occasional spelling. Like I said, everything (besides that) is just fine and dandy.

Now, I have a lot of questions about this story. Like first of all, how will Umbrella come into play? I mean, they are the creators of the T-Virus after all. And speaking about Umbrella, will Wesker or Birkin be playing a part in the story? I know that their appearance will throw off the entire RE story line, but having random zombies in a city just doesn't seem complete without a proper back story. I'm eager to see how you've explained this. Also, when does this story take place? You said sometime during the Johto period, but what does that mean in REAL time? Is it in 1998 like the incident in Raccoon City, or is it in 2008 like during the Kijiju incident? And furthermore, what Pokemon do all the trainers have with them? Between playing the games and watching Diamond and Pearl, I've lost track of what Pokemon Ash REALLY DID HAVE during Johto. And are there going to be boss fights like in the RE games? Is this going to be survival/ horror like RE0-3 or will it be action and fighting like RE4-5? Will the G-Virus be making a debut? Will there be zombie Pokemon? Will any of Ash, Brock or Misty's Pokemon die? Is there going to be an American badass like Chris Redfield making an appearance, or a cool cop like Leon Kennedy? Will there be OC's in general? Will Ash be using a gun or will everything be decided by Pokemon battles like in the games? IS BROCK JEWISH?

Man, that's a lot of questions, but i don't mind if you don't answer. It just makes me wonder you know!

And I STILL can't get over the fact that this is a REAL Pokemon/RE crossover! I mean, I went into the RE crossover archives to look for Pokemon crossovers, but frankly, I wasn't impressed with what I found. Then I stumble upon THIS THING by chance and I'm totally blown away! It makes my SSB/RE stories seem like child's work! I can't believe how much I'm praising this! I should be saying negative points and giving off rude comments like I do in all my other reviews, but I just CAN'T for some reason! You've got a great plot here! It keeps me wanting to read more!

So, anyway, that's my review for this story. I would very much appreciate it is you responded to this because well, I want to hear from YOU, the author of such a fine piece of art. Just fix up the little error I mentioned and this thing will be perfect! I can't wait to see what else this has in store! Maybe if I pray, the merchant from RE4 will make an appearance! That would just be HARDCORE!

Ahem... sorry about that, I normally don't get so excited over fanfictions. Just keep up the excellent work. This story is freakin' awesome.
eevee-love chapter 7 . 10/21/2009
hi!

I'm so sorry that I didn't review the previous chapter. I have been so busy lately that I kept putting it off and suddenly I noticed that you had updated once again.

I'll try to make it up to you by making my review a bit longer then usualy. (since I will be reviewing 2 chapters ;-))

So here we go:

I never saw it coming that you would let Pikachu die! So get for you that you keep writing suprising plottwists! Even though I was reading it, I kept thinking to myself "She wouldn't...would she?" But you did you little evil one ;-)

I felt sorry for Ash! I kept thinking, he is going to beat himself up so much for this. Mostly because he asked Pikachu to get into his pokéball but decided to let the little mouse run around. Why didn't he just force him into the pokéball :-(

But I did think it was once again written in a beautiful way!

About the last chapter, I have only one thing to say: gorgious!

You know I'm a fan of pokéshipping and normally I like the obvious romance-type stories but I think you wrote the scene with enough fluff but not to cheezy! It wouldn't work in this story to begin with.

I kept reading and by the end of the scene I even thought there might be something more (*cough* kiss *cough*)but you had a fitting end for the scene, I must admitt.

On a little note, the part where Nina said, she didn't like cliff hangers! I had to smile because you don't mind writing them once in a while, don't you ;-) even your characters don't like you doing that! :-p

I will do my best, to keep reviewing every week and hope I have redeemed myself to you by giving you a longer review than normally!
Arynna chapter 7 . 10/21/2009
We do love Brock. It's just that when people think of Pokemon, they think of Ash and Pikachu (especially for us who've been around since the very beginning of the franchise).

Anyhoos, great job here. The story is really moving along. And I'm intrigued by what other 'nastiness' you may have installed. I don't really see how things can get as bad as the last chapter but I invite you to surprise us :) which I'm sure is something you're very capable of.
Science rules chapter 7 . 10/21/2009
Wow! I really enjoyed the fic. It is horrific and disgusting, yet it is also emotional. Everyone in here is so in-character. I really like you using the Japanese names and also allusions. I didn't find any grammatical errors, although try to write the reports using third person (like instead of 'We gave it G-Ject to...', write 'G-Ject was given to...'). Besides that, Keep it up.
Steveaaml chapter 7 . 10/21/2009
Alright.

I said I was gonna read it in the morning, but that was wrong because I read it right away.

Very nice chapter. Wonderfully written, and a perfect thing to come after the last one. I had no idea what to expect, but you took a well-needed break from the action to further some plot (Good name choice with Khimaira, what with all the hybridy creature things), and an absolutely perfect, heart warming bit with Ash & Misty. Glad TR lost their rocket shirts too.

"But sometimes, if a smile is warm and sincere enough, its benevolence can be felt rather than seen" -This is true and wonderufl.

So very good job. A perfect chapter was needed to follow the last one, so well done & mission accomplished!
djfhldkjhglkajshflkjahslfkjhas chapter 7 . 10/20/2009
I'm pretty sure that if Pikachu were to die, that would be how Ash would take it.

So sad! T_T But I love it! ;D Things just keep getting more and more confusing! x] Project 831? S-Ject? G-ject? Khimaira? Hopefully it will all be explained soon! :D tenta-gator? Perhaps a fusion between a tentacruel and a feraligatr? I dunno xD This is why you're the author and not me.

Again with the Ash being quiet D: I hope he gets happy soon~ the only thing better then him being tortured is him being happy...(sometimes xD).

It's not all that surprising how he blames himself, (especially with the evidence from previous chapters).

I like how Misty almost slapped him, too. It just shows that even in this horrible situation they were placed in she's still Misty (I'm glad she didn't though) xD

It was such a bittersweet chapter. It explains a little bit, but leaves us with more questions then answers. Still loved it~

-ps409 (aka allyy) x.

PS. And glad to hear(read) you're feeling better~! And...SNOW? SHEESH. The weather is so confused. I've been on the busride to school and being completely astonished to see frost on the ground. But SNOW? Gollies. xD

And thanks for recommending "Lullaby for a Stormy Night"! It really WAS adorable~ I just love Ash/Delia fluff so much! *fangirls* Hee~

Anyway~~ Great story! ;D
Kios chapter 7 . 10/20/2009
I can tell you why so many more people reviewed for Pikachu's death then Brock's: First of all, it was so much more sudden, and graphic. With Brock's death, it was slow going, and completely expected. You never alluded to Pikachu dying once, and when you did it was quick and bloody. It's like telling a kid a bedtime story "and by the way, YOUR DOG IS DEAD!" Hell, it even felt like you walked off laughing too.

Anyways: ...

...Yeah, I didn't notice any mistakes.

Also, a bit of speculation on my part:

Khimaira Chimera? Hmm?
Leone the Infernal chapter 7 . 10/20/2009
Dear God. Team Rocket really know how to screw up their experiments with Pokemon in the worst way possible. First Mewtwo, then the Red Gyarados, and now these mutated Pokemon. At least, there's a good thing with the 2 experiments Nina read about:they're weak to fire. Get some flamethrowers and napalm, guys!

Ash, after these deaths, is a mental carcass. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself, or allowed himself to get infected. Such is the state of his mind that I believe this. I don't mind him suffering on the hands of J,J&M, or another TR member, in a normal Pokemon-related story. But when against something as inhuman and petrifying as zombies, I support him and his comrades.

I better fasten my bowels tightly for the next few chapters.
Spruceton Spook chapter 7 . 10/20/2009
“Just wait until you see what my sick imagination has concocted for the next couple of chapters!”

That frightens me. Truly. Because I know now what you are capable of. And…it makes me kinda want to slowly back away and then bolt when I know the coast is clear. :P

I have to tell you how impressed I am with Nina’s findings. The journal entries were very revealing and very confounding at the same time. That was some compelling and intelligent writing right there. Good job! I was disappointed that the entries abruptly ended because it was like, omg, we’re FINALLY learning what’s going on here! But no, it only provided further confusion, which makes the coming chapters even more anticipated (except for your aforementioned warning!). It really is absolutely sick what Team Rocket was doing. I mean, what in the world did they expect, especially pressing forward after the initial signs of the loss of stability and unforeseen results of their experiments? All I know is, people have NOT been successful trying to play God in the past…guess they figured they’d be able to get it right. WRONG. You’d think this will definitely be the end of Team Rocket, but the scary thing is, we can’t know. I hope that in the end (if they all survive—and I don’t even KNOW anymore if that will be the case, because you are too unpredictable for me to handle, Aiselne, agh!), Ash can recover enough to embrace Misty’s pledge to have something positive come out of this unspeakable catastrophe, namely, destroy Team Rocket once and for all.

Back to Ash and Misty later… Must talk about TR! OUR beloved TR. This line truly knocked me over: “If anything, the kid had a heart. Jessie felt totally soft for admitting such, but it was indeed thanks to Ash’s heart that Jessie’s own still beat.” WOW. It sucks that it took a tragedy for Jessie to realize what a beautiful person Ash is inside and out, but at least now he’ll forever have her gratitude and sympathy and support. Ash and Misty have bonded to TR now in a way that is imperishable. Our TR never possessed the quality of pure cold-heartedness, and the subtle tears Misty knows they shed when Pikachu was killed prove that. I can’t wait to see how Jessie will use her mended body to reach out and help mend Ash’s psyche. Also loved Jessie’s thank-you to Nina: “I guess we’d all be up shit’s creek without you, cop.” SO JESSIE. Love it.

You are nailing these scenes between Ash and Misty. Absolutely NAILING them. I was almost dreading this scene…almost like when you want to walk out of the room when you feel so uncomfortable dealing with the scenes in a hospital or a funeral parlor. I was afraid to see how Ash was. I’m so worried about his leg. I mean, yeah, Pikachu’s death will affect him more in the long run, but right now his injury is what needs to be handled first. They need to get him to a hospital—and fast—before he loses that leg. I will be worried about that like crazy until it happens. You’re killing me. Every little thing that happened between Ash and Misty was amazing. Ash’s self-loathing and apologies and Misty wanting to snap him out his mood with physical means was all spot-on, SO intensely in-character I want to scream my head off. When Ash had the inner monologue that he wished he was the one who died, I just “meep’d” and wanted to squeeze him in the most suffocating hug without…well, actually suffocating him. ; This kid needs SO MANY hugs and kisses and affection it’s astronomically ridiculous. And Misty is doing GREAT. Such a heartbreaking, touching scene…but almost incredibly satisfying. It’s only brought them closer, and THAT is what absolutely makes me wanna cry. Tuesday can’t come fast enough.
Autumn chapter 7 . 10/20/2009
wow this chapter was really realy good!Poor Ash!and also I have seen the movie "Mewtwo Returns" on released it in America,but just on dvd and video,they never showed it on tv. I just luv your stories so much,keep up the good work!
tytim chapter 6 . 10/17/2009
Wow, you killed off one of, if not the, most reconizable charecters in the pokemon universe. Awesome.
Arynna chapter 6 . 10/17/2009
Are you insane? Why the heck would you kill off Pikachu? And in such a horrible way!

I think I'm still in shock...

But nevertheless, though this chapter really was not something I expect to happen, or wanted, the story is intriguing and well-written.
Kyarorain chapter 6 . 10/15/2009
Oh my gosh... I can't believe what you did. You are so evil to do that to poor little Ashy... he's probably going to end up in a mental hospital if he gets out of this alive. At least I hope he does. Gets out alive, that is, not ending up in a mental hospital. Tentagator is so creepy... I wouldn't like to meet it in a dark alley. And poor little Pikachu... getting such a nasty injury... at least it didn't have to suffer long. But, dang... poor, poor Pikachu...
Leone the Infernal chapter 6 . 10/14/2009
I've been reading this fiction for a week or so, and I have to say it's written very well, with a lot of description, and the grim atmosphere that is felt amongst the characters was created well.

I myself cannot play RE, though I have no fear watching others do it. Closed spaces, surprise attacks from inside them, and too hideous bosses are the reasons why I can't play RE. But I know the characters from the games, at least vaguely, and some of the most infamous B.O.W.-s. The history of events in RE is quite complex, and that's what I like about the franchise.

Regarding the deaths of 2 very important characters in Pokemon:I'm a die-hard Rocket, and in purely Pokemon-based stories, I'd cheer on the killers of Pikachu, those of Brock somewhat less(he's the smartest of the group, so I don't hate him like others), especially if those were J,J&M or any other Rocket. But here, they're fighting an inhuman danger, and I view their efforts to save humanity as brave. As humans fighting something bestial, they get my support in this story, and I was sad when Brock turned the vaccine down. The loss of Pikachu instilled fear in me, fear for the characters. I may not like it, but it was the strongest Pokemon the group, and losing it takes a big chunk out of the group's hope for survival.

I await the next chapter.
Distant-Moon chapter 6 . 10/14/2009
You...killed Pikachu. I never once thought that you would ever actually do that. Brock, yes. Jessie, maybe. But Pikachu? PIKACHU? Who's next, then, Togepi? God, damn! WHY do I friggin love this story so damn much?

In any case, you're officially on my shit list for killing Pikachu. Update immediately or face my displeasure.
352 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »