Reviews for Carnage Necropolis
Kyarorain chapter 4 . 10/5/2009
Aw... poor Brock. Poor Ash and Misty... a rather gruesome chapter, but very effective and brilliant.
The RoseBlade Ninja Alchemist chapter 2 . 10/3/2009
Ahh, where to start?...Where to start...? Well, another lovely horror-and-gore-filled chapter from the wonderful Aiselne! I'm thinkin' I should read your other material if it's THIS long...and captivating...It almost BITES your interest and DOESN'T let go (yay, laugh at my poor zombie pun .). And yeah, I AM having fun reading this (though I cheated and waited until daytime to continue reading, as I started reading this fic at night).

From the moment Brock caught Nurse Joy, I just KNEW something bad was gonna happen. I seem to be on a roll with these things lately. I couldn't imagine going through terror like that, or even PLAYING terror like that, mainly because I've only played through RE5, pathetically enough, so I don't exactly have the feel of survival horror. Also because I could never bring myself to play creepy games. But POOR BROCK! *teary-eyed* ...ANYway, the way you described Officer Jenny did really seem like one of the gun-toting chicks in the movies, though. Pretty cool. And I kinda liked Nina's 'headshot' comment. Mainly because the headshots in RE5 almost always explode! I cannot TELL you how much amusement I get out of saying, "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" every time I get a headshot playing that game. Especially sniping. I get a kick out of watching their heads explode close up.

But still, I kinda felt that Brock was going crazy before Nina got to him. Almost like it was a mix of the virus, his own delirium, and his exhaustion. Needless to say, I teared up a bit imagining that scene actually happening in an episode of Pokemon. But now I feel like watching Pokemon. O.o

And I really like your affect of something good happening in one paragraph, and then, just when it seems like salvation is within a hand's grasp, you write one little sentence that takes away any scratch of hope. Like when Ash found the fire exit...and the lever wouldn't budge. I really thought that if he got the door open, more zombies would pour onto him, eventually devouring him. Poor Ash. But such was not that case! (yayz) And even when one situation is narrowly averted, more problems come up, like when Nina thought that even though Ash was safe, the whole shebang was far from 'over.'

Well, I better end my review before I rant myself into oblivion. This story is just so good, I'll try to read it in moderation. But why do my reviews seem so LONG? I guess it's just in lieu of the long chapters.

Until next chapter! Laterz!
The RoseBlade Ninja Alchemist chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
OH. MY. GOD. YES. You see, I've had this...craving, if you will-to read a horror fic all night, so I decided to take a walk in the nice little section of Pokemon. And YES, so far, you have had my skin crawling with the first few paragraphs of this first chapter. I'm quite a fan of both Pokemon and Resident, as they both kick major buttocks, so reading this was a sort of twisted twofer for me. But I burst out in hysterics at your 'cuddly zombie' comment in your author comments. But if Ash really was like Chris Redfield...*shudders* And I also kinda liked how you included the English and Japanese names for both series. And I have to say that I was pleased to see that it would be a longstory. I like long stories.

Anyway, like I said before, you really captured the creepy feel within even the first few paragraphs, because there was something deep inside me that told me to hit alt-LEFT KEY and continue peacefully with my night. *smirks evilly* But I didn't. I wanted to read horror, so another part of me told that other part of me to shut up and deal with it. I dunno. My mind has arguments with itself, I guess I'm just forced to listen to them. Anywho, I just find it bittersweetly ironic that almost all fics like this (normal, happy setting, mixed with some gruesome, gory setting) start out happy-go-lucky, then, either slowly escalades into something creepy, or something traumatizing happens and all hell breaks loose. Fortunately enough, you took the former and made it worked well. I'm getting another vibe that this story really has the potential to escalade into something awesome. 'Cuz. Come on. It's Pokemon. And Resident Evil. ALSO! You kept the old gang (Ash, Misty, and Brock), the way everything Pokemon related is SUPPOSED to be, and I really appreciated that.

Also, this is my first Pokemon fic (also bittersweet), but you really capture the mood of Pokemon well, in the beginning, and you make the transition of a normal, happy-go-lucky episode of Pokemon to gory, violent, creepy, rawr-I'm-gonna-kill-you-dead feeling of a Resident Evil game very smoothly. But even while it's in rawr-Resident-Evil mode, you still see some undertones of the characters of Pokemon and their personal problems. As a matter of fact, you captured the creepy mood so well, even being on the PAGE of your story is starting to freak me out!

Well, my review ending up being quite a bit longer than I thought. Actually, I think this is the longest review I've ever written...Be thankful! ...Heh, just kidding. I'm not THAT conceited! I guess I'll stop before I end up typing all night. And, although it's much better to read a creepy fanfic at night, I'll stop here so I can sleep.

Au revoir! Until next review! Laterz!
eevee-love chapter 4 . 10/1/2009
hi

I wanted to thank you for writing these lovely long chapters and updating so often. Not many writers do this.

It's sad what happened to Brock but can't say I didn't see it all there has to be a moment when some of the main good guys dies. you did write it very beautifuly and I loved the scene with ash and misty in the end.

That antidote is going to come in handy sooner or later, at least that's what I think. I even have a suspicion who is going to need it...

I have to tell you I just loved the way you wrote Brock's thoughts. you could see how the virus was taking over by the way he was thinking... or in the end ... not thinking that much. I had to comment on it because I thought it was great writing!

I'm hoping the next chapter will be here soon and I'm curious if there will be more infections to come. Hopefully a few will make it out alive.
Spruceton Spook chapter 4 . 9/30/2009
You just broke me into a trillion irreparable pieces.

That was the saddest thing I have ever read on this entire site. It takes nothing away from your brilliance, as this chapter was also possibly one of the most suspenseful, riveting, heartrending, and unsettling things I've read. I don't know how the hell Ash and Misty are going to cope going forward...as well as me. God Bless Brock. His monologue througout the chapter was incredible. Thank you for keeping him amazing till the very end.

If you'll excuse me now, I'm going to go huddle in that corner over there and try to recover.
Kios chapter 4 . 9/29/2009
Helluva chapter indeed. Yes, I would like to know the answers to all those questions you asked at the very end there. That's why I'm reading this, of course. But what I REALLY want to know is if you plan on leaving Brock's pokemon just sitting in their balls for eternity. Luckily with the cutoff point you took to end the chapter, you can remedy the little over-sight in the next chapter, if you're so inclined.

Also, I rather liked the spearow section. I could really imagine how that bit would look on film.

Also, I found this earlier today, and it reminded me to check to see if you updated. Which you did. Take a look.

img34./img/img34/3/1/21/f_12305433724m_

Beautifully written.

Incredibly heart-wrenching.

Painfully sad.

Golly.

I had about a million favourite quotes form this, so I'll paraphrase.

That was beautiful.

Painful.

Oh gosh.

Everything with Brock, the growing allusions to hunger, the care for them, the bit with Jenny. . .AHH!

The bit where you realize Jessie's been bit, AHH!

My only consolation from teh Brock bit was that now maybe they can vaccine Jessie.

AAHH! Baby pokemon! Super sad and tough and still with bits of humour, such as how you described the "

That was exactly what it was, too: a tiny, adorable, baby elephant-like Phanpy…

A Phanpy…tripping over a rotten trunk, with morphed cartilage oozing out rotten grayed skin." -Which was super gross, but still amusing in the sentence structure.

All the Ash & Misty caring for each other bits.

The pokemon's loyalty and Noctowl's wing attack bit.

AAH BROCK'S MONOLOGUES.

The spearow bit, super exciting when they started showing up.

Still funny bits with TR and christmas parties and storage closets.

But gosh, seriously, that was brilliant and painful. Great work.
Autumn chapter 4 . 9/29/2009
first off thank u for the shoutout,and you are very welcome,I really enjoy your wonderful stories.) also poor Brock( and this chapter was really really good) u are a wonderful author,and really know how to pull a reader into your stories.
djfhldkjhglkajshflkjahslfkjhas chapter 4 . 9/29/2009
I'd like to begin this formally when I say...

THAT CHAPTER WAS AWESOME! BY FAR THE BEST ONE YET!

Okay, so maybe its not formal, but whatever xD

I fell head over heels in love with this sentence: "Everything felt like it was now moving at a snail’s pace, while Brock’s potential death was probably rushing towards him at the speed of light." Just thought I'd let you know.

I really liked Brock's little increments of thoughs every once in a while. It just made his bitter end...bitterer? Sweeter? Meh, it was really good, is what I mean. xD

Now that Misty and Ash are all alone...I can't help but wonder if they're gunna make it :s I'll admit, the end of this chapter almost made me cry.

Why did Brock move out of the lobby? Was he trying to avoid more incoming potential zombie threats?

The Zombie baby pokemon we an interesting twist as well. Poor Rockets. xD Speaking of Rockets...is the same fate going to happen to Jessie? HOW WILL JAMES COPE WITHOUT HIS OTHER HALF? xD (kidding xP)

And Ash refusing to kill the pokemon is completely in character. I can never see that boy kill a pokemon off his own will. Very sad. But must be done. :]

Brock's death fit in perfectly with the story. it was inevitable. Completely loving this story, (And kudos on the length of the chapters, too! I'd never have the attention span to write chapters THIS long. Really, congratulations!)

-ps409 (aka allyy) x.
Tylida Doradelo chapter 3 . 9/27/2009
Way to go Aislene! Wonderful chapter. You have once again got me loving something I usually don't. OC's really, usually aren't my cup of tea but the way you incoporated them into the story there was no way I could have disliked them! I knew what Gordon was going to do before he did it, but that didn't make it any better. Poor guy! Maybe if they had known ahead of time about vaccines they could have saved him but then again, maybe not with those Houndoom and Houndour prowling around (and yes they totally make good spoofs of Cerberuses). It took guts, I admire that him. The presence of the infected Pokemon and Ulisse's warning of how little time they actually had before the vaccine was useless has me very very worried about Brock now. They better run. It's terrible about Tauris though. I really liked his character even if I am a little bit confused about why he didn't tell Nina earlier about his own vaccine and why he didn't inject himself with it earlier. Maybe I read something wrong or maybe I'll find out later? I'm very interested in his character either way. Good job with the Chief. Seriously creepy. I'm impressed with Nina too. She has such control over herself and her emotions. She's a very strong person. I'm still loving your descriptions and your imagery in particular always impresses me. Wonderful, wonderful job Aislene. I can't wait for the next one.
Kyarorain chapter 3 . 9/27/2009
Quite a suspenseful chapter indeed. As usual, love all the gory description and everything.
dello11 chapter 3 . 9/26/2009
I'll write a more extensive review at the end of the story all together, but I'll let you know I'm still reading and enjoying it :)
Steve again chapter 3 . 9/23/2009
Also, the fact that it's only been 5 hoursish is terrifying! The bit where you had Ash remembering the fight about the map and all makes us really feel bad for them. So unlucky!
Steveaaml chapter 3 . 9/23/2009
This was a FANTASTIC chapter.

SO intense, very moving, very haunting.

I'm very curious to find out what was able to rip through the baricades, and also I'm very excited now that they have a vaccine! Maybe Brock won't go all Zombie!

I'm also really looking forward to when the TR trio show up; I'm guessing that'll be a wicked scene.

I have less quotes to share this time, but I thought that the whole chapter was just riveting, and wonderful Nina-growth. Very sad and SO DARN INTENSE! Edge-of-the-seat sort of story.

Great great work!

I did love this bit:

"Naturally, Ash and Misty perked via Nina’s question. Both sitting on Gordon’s untidy desk, the kids silently gave their attention to officers’ conversation. After all, the boy and girl wanted, and deserved, to know what happened in Acheron. Like it or not, the children were indeed involved in this city’s nightmare." -I liked this bit. I thought it was very well said, and it was a cute image for the two of them sitting on the desk listening. Cute, but of course, still mind-bogglingly terrifying all around.

Aah! The Gordon bit was heartbreaking!

Also, as soon as you said "Chemical Plant" it's like, Ah yeah! Viral Outbreak.

Mega badass.

Superheartwrenching chapter. This was excellent :)
eevee-love chapter 3 . 9/23/2009
It's unbelievable how you can make this story so scary. Granted, for some reason zombie flicks always do this to me but a fanfic? Didn't see that coming.

I was reading it late last night and I was scared going up to my room! (the fact that my room is in the attic didn't help )

I was also starting to think about pokémon and if they could get infected but I don't have to ask now do I? ;-)

I think you write everyone and "thing" great and realistic. Personally I think Gordon had the right idea. If this ever could happen in real life I would follow his lead, after all where could you run to or hide? They would be everywhere.

I have the feeling there is going to be some surprising twist to this story and I can't wait. Wondering what is going to happen to them on their way to Brock and if he's alive.

The only thing I will do is read the next chapter in broad daylight!
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »