Reviews for Silence and Noises
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
Oh, yes, there's a crack-in his heart and soul. He knows he's doomed now. How clever of Albus to make it impossible for Snape to survive either side.
riverrat chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Good writing. Very descriptive.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Poor Severus.
skypeeper chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I like the imagery of the empty goblet slipping out of his hand and rolling down the stairs. It's so sad that once the content of the goblet is consumed, the goblet is left to its own bleak fate, rolling down into the darkness. Also the use of first person makes it as if Snape is the only one aware of it - no witness.

Thanks for the short piece. Well done!
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Short, but not bad, especially the last pragraph.
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
A great story. Very well written.
waterside chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I'm sure the "crack" came from within. His soul, his heart... Poor Snape. It was indeed a terrible promise to make. The images of stone, silence and breaking perfectly capture the way Snape may feel. I could feel it, too, as I was reading.
whitehound chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I assume he feels that something in his own spirit has cracked, like ice on a pond, from the pressure of what he knows he'll have to do? Nice imagery.
Princess Punzel chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
hmm, is there going to be more? if so, i'll read it! very interesting. i like it. please add more! what was that crack?
Anachronistic Anglophile chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I would have liked that 'crack' explained, but good development of Snape's reaction to the sinful commitment.