Reviews for Shadowed Past
You know, I love the odd jobs thing in this chapter, but I'm a bit curious about the zoo job. Did Harry learn about his parseltongue ability from his Basilisk fight, or did he talk to the snakes of the zoo? Might have been an interesting anecdote to throw in.
Man, I remember this story. I re-read your remake of it earlier (which you totally abandoned before it could get anywhere!) then I came back to this fic. I think I like this version more than the remake, but I imagine you made the remake because this story moves so far away from the 'Harry and Lily' dynamic that you build up in the first chapters. It's hard to implement family interaction before Harry turns 17 when you don't let them meet until Harry is AT Hogwarts. I totally get it. All the same, this story has SUCH a believable super!Harry character, so I would love to see it continued, too.

I think you should see about putting one or both stories up for adoption, if you can find an interested author. You lay all the groundwork for a fantastic story here, but you only really finish the 'first act', so to speak. If you would continue this with his time at Hogwarts and eventual confrontation with Voldemort (say, one year and then defeating Voldemort in June or July?), this story would be in my top 3 for 'Harry Potter's parents live' fanfictions.

Thank you for what you have already regardless!
LoneTraveler chapter 3 . 4/5
This is an enjoyable story in many ways, just too many things I find implausible. Looking forward to the rewrite.
You previously had Harry chasing Ginny on broomstick for stealing his red cap, and then you say he lost the cap on the train. Which is it?
dreamty chapter 18 . 3/25
So you'll continue this story again right?
I am really waiting for this story so i hope you update this story again, now matter how long you'll take.

P.s
Sorry i am too lazy to log in right now ._.
Bob-Just-Bob chapter 8 . 3/25
to hell with canon pairings.
DeliaDee chapter 17 . 3/25
I'm very excited about this news and am greatly looking forward to seeing the new version. Would you please let us now when you upload the new version by adding a chapter to this story informing us? Thanks so much and good luck. It sounds like you've given yourself a great deal of work but that it will be well worth it.
Nik1627 chapter 17 . 3/24
It's k! I get that there r a few mistakes. I'll be looking up for the rewrite.
wispshifter chapter 12 . 3/24
cg
AaronD1 chapter 16 . 3/24
I really enjoyed this story, and I think that it has a lot of potential. I'm not the most read person when it comes to HP fanfiction but this plot is unique from what I've seen so far. Ally may also be my favorite OC.

If you were to re-write this, I would recommend changing some things:

Harry finds his family sooner, perhaps it could be after he is introduced to magic, and after he done some heroic thing in front of a bunch of people - and Lily and James see a Daily Prophet article.

Harry has more time to adjust to his family and to magic before going to Hogwarts, and before confronting Voldemort.

Harry does not pick spells up immediately. Harry picking up a wand and casting a Patronus perfectly as his first spell is perhaps the most unlikely thing that I have ever read in HP fanfiction.

Harry should have the magical capacity as a first year. A person's magical core has always been described as a sort of muscle that needs to be built up before you can cast more advanced spells. The "heroic event" that I mentioned earlier doesn't even need to involve magic at first.

Harry's scar should be known throughout the Wizarding world sooner. This could be fixed by having Lily or James rushing into Harry's room just in time to catch a glimpse of him before he disappears.

I wasn't going to post a review or even recommend that this story be continued, seeing as how it's been so many years since it was updated, but I checked your profile for more stories and saw that one had been updated just an hour ago.
mdauben chapter 16 . 3/21
Sorry for not reviewing sooner but I just discovered this wonderful story the other day and I've been binge reading the whole thing! I have to say, most stories that somehow reunite Harry with his parents always seemed forced or poorly conceived. Your story, on the other hand, is really grateful so far. The reason
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 16 . 2/18
Hi there. Just read this and it was bloody brilliant. Thank you.
Nik1627 chapter 16 . 2/17
OMG! This story is amazing! Please continue it!
scarlettmeadows chapter 16 . 2/8
Please, please continue this fic! You can't leave it here! What happened with Harry's magic?!
Min's awesomeness chapter 13 . 12/21/2015
I know it's been forever since you updated this, however I still have hope that someday you'll return to it...so I'll be waiting :)