Reviews for Growing Pains
PrettyWithAPistol chapter 29 . 2/16
Pardon, I meant "conform" (not "confirm") in my last review (Ch 30). Reviewing from my mobile devices never yields a clean run, in the first go...
PrettyWithAPistol chapter 30 . 2/16
I'm certainly sad to see it end, but am satisfied with its conclusion.
I cannot recall the last time I was so fully entertained and responsive to a fan-fic - I found myself slapping a hand to my mouth on multiple occasions, with those bolder moments and curveballs. I laughed aloud, my heart repeatedly leapt from my chest, I believe I may have teared up at one point, and so on. My point is that you capture feeling well and have a talent for setting up each scene for the reader to enhance only by relating their own life experiences to those of your characters - despite the fact that they are attempting to find common ground with imaginary, non-humans in a fictional world.

The plot was light and intriguing, making for a very pleasant read. I was actually relieved that you did not resort to a traumatic extreme, as so many do, simply to lend gravity and grit to the tale. Yours stood well enough on its own. Of course, playing the devil's advocate, with everyone being so soundly sensible and "wise", even before their emotions cooled, problems were resolved with seemingly little effort and time. Which, considering that we are dealing with Tolkien's fair folk, sounds natural, even while some of their customs were hung for this story (e.g. sexual liaisons were certainly nothing for them to bat an eye at),

I suppose my only true critiques for your writing (keeping in mind that this is Fanfiction and certain liberties are to be enjoyed and celebrated) relate to grammar/mechanics and logical set-up. A version of third-person perspective (omniscient, I assume, in this case) was attempted, but did not confirm with the basic standard of proper form, given the tendency for "head-jumping", etc. Additionally, there were a number grammatical errors, but those could be remedied easily enough in your case. And, lastly, the final point is a bit more obscure and requires more explanation then I have the time to give at the moment. Basically, it relates to creating a logical build-up and frame for character development and interactions. There were moments that were awkwardly written (not experienced, that is different) or even way out of left-field for a particular character or scene.

Overall, I really enjoyed your writing and was especially surprised and impressed to find a number of truly insightful explanations on psychological motivations and emotional depth. The likability and relatability of the characters, even the less favorable ones like Glamion, was interesting. Bravo. Thank you for sharing this tale with us, and I do hope you continue writing. I also wish you well with your other endeavors in life. Cheers~
MidnightReader1 chapter 30 . 12/14/2017
Fantastic story really enjoyed this story from start to finish. I absolutely loved your OC character Filanna she was so well written and I loved the pairing :)
pinkdoughtnuts chapter 4 . 11/7/2017
So Crane flies are daddy longlegs. I hate them, I in fact hate all insects and if one is found in my home, well I kill them.
No mercy.
This seems very interesting to read, I love the dynamic between Haldir and Her. At first I was confused of the many siblings she had which differs from the books but I've decided to take it on stride and see what happens.
Roxas fleur chapter 30 . 8/8/2017
elrond you old pervert! i cant stop laughing lmao
sleepywitchysamurai chapter 30 . 7/28/2017
This story was fudgin amazing, I'm glad I have it a chance. These versions of Thranduil and Haldir took me by surprise but they were so true to their characters, I loved it. You had me laughing, blushing, yelling, laughing and blushing again. thank uou for sharing. Filanna has become one of my favorite OCs
btlmotormouth chapter 30 . 7/22/2017
I have read a lot of fanfiction over the years but I have to tell you that this has to be my absolute favorite LOTR story with Haldir. I have laughed and cried while reading it and it was so well written that I could actually picture the whole story in my mind as I read it. I loved it from start to finish but I would have loved to have read more of their future. Did they get married, have children? what become of Legolas and Inis?
firerosedreamer67 chapter 30 . 6/1/2017
What a fun story! Loved every word!...Lovely long chapters ,that are a delight ! One of those stories you wish there was more of! !...
ContractKillerNO1 chapter 1 . 3/24/2017
I loved this story from the beginning. The way you write is amazingly detailed and it is wonderful to be able to immerse completely in your story :)
I cant wait to read the sequel, since i KNOW it will be just as good (if not better).

...Please dear Valar, let the story be here soon... ;)
colorprism chapter 30 . 3/16/2017
I very much enjoyed your story. The characters were delightful and sympathetic. I especially liked how you portrayed a young Legolas and his playfulness. The sibling relationships were well done.

There were many times throughout the story that I wondered if things were going to get trite, but they never did. You handled the situations with a deft, clever hand, leaving this reader extremely satisfied.

Brava! And thank you for writing this charming story.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2017
Best haldir fic I have read, like the slow progression and also the characters.
HinataSoup chapter 5 . 1/19/2017
The parental conversation... (Nice touch of a push forward)
Weird joke for Galadriel to say, but nice
HinataSoup chapter 4 . 1/3/2017
Haldir sounds like a pervert in some ways... Good tale though
sai19 chapter 30 . 10/14/2016
It's been a long while since I've encountered a truly well-written Haldir story! Enjoyed it from the first sentence until the last, your OC's were amazing and well thought-out, and I loved all of it :) x
Katherine Sparrow chapter 30 . 9/20/2016
Really loved the story! Absolutely loved the Elrond pervert sentence at the end ;)