Reviews for Promise
Guest chapter 10 . 8/1/2013
Final Wish, The Oath of Ages hurry up and write the story
curlylizard97 chapter 10 . 4/24/2013
Aha I knew I shouldn't have read FYTOE first but it was that good that I couldn't help myself. Anyways these sneak peaks look even better than ever lol. I'm super excited to see how these scenes will all play out in FYTOE so I actually can't wait to see an update soon. Btw great way to keep everyone wanting to read more of your stories lol.
curlylizard97 chapter 9 . 4/24/2013
Okay spectacular chapter I must say. Takato is not as "dumb" as he appears to be which is something that I have been suspecting but also I have been blinded with my annoyance with his character. Now that you mention the last part of the Stingmon vs Gallantmon flashback I must say I was a bit confused as to what happened. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was ChaosGallantmon trying to make an appearance (with the way he was described) but with a hint of Megidramon in him so maybe a mixture? I don't know I am simply just speculating here.
curlylizard97 chapter 8 . 4/24/2013
Well well well...interesting development. I admire Rika so much for having the courage to really express what she feels and to keep pushing this topic even though it's not really in her character to do it. Takato yes he sounds like a wimp and can be a tad annoying but it's kinda also part of what makes him who he is. I trust in your writing.
curlylizard97 chapter 7 . 4/23/2013
Well it wasn't horrible nor was it was actually incredible! Ahh it took a lot of prodding from Rika and lots of patience but some progress was made. I can't wait to see how this whole thing develops in the next chapters.
curlylizard97 chapter 6 . 4/23/2013
Badass chapter! I loved how caring and attentive Takato was being with Rika here after that long harsh battle they had with all those sneaky Stingmon. Now that she's awake what will happen?
curlylizard97 chapter 5 . 4/23/2013
Ooh so excited to see Rika's true wrath! On an honest note...Takato's part made me kinda mad for some reason :/ He is truly a Gogglehead at times...
curlylizard97 chapter 4 . 4/23/2013
Oh boy you just hit me with all sorts of new feelings for Rika's character. Damn the emotional turmoil that she went through...anyways overall pretty good chapter. Ending though leaves me wondering a couple of things.
curlylizard97 chapter 3 . 4/23/2013
I lost count on how many times I face palm myself in this chapter. Most of the times it had to do with thaat Gogglehead...yes I am calling him that now too lol. I'm glad though that Rika told him off...nuff' said.
curlylizard97 chapter 2 . 4/23/2013
Ooh wow interesting little facts about Rika's history. I liked that there is a background story to why Rika and her grandmother are that close to each other.
curlylizard97 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Well you've got my full attention here. First I was pleasantly surprised that Rika went to Riley for help on her 'date' with Takato. Riley helped a bit I would agree :) And now to the actual date that seems like it was a really bad one...what happened? I am so curious to know. I'm really thinking ahead of myself now but I also think that it might not be as bad as Rika is making it look and Riley might be able to let her see that. Sadly this is the only chapter I could read right now seeing as I really need some sleep soon lol.
XInsanityXGuiltechXShadowwindX chapter 9 . 4/7/2013
I'm wondering who Renamon is talking about that Takato resembles. it's confusing me.
ExodusClaw chapter 10 . 1/5/2013
Hm,this story wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be;I'll be honest,I was expecting a wreck that would make me wince,but after reading through it...It was pretty nice :) But though the storys' good,there WERE some spelling mistakes and maybe others that I'm not aware of. Other than that...I liked the pacing,how the characters were mostly themselves (Though they got my nerves slightly at how depressed they got at points,but I suppose that understandable xD).oh and I really liked what you did when doing flashbacks;You did it by bits and pieces and even added the characters view,which actually made me want to read the text again,instead of skipping over it,just to see how the characters would react.

Anyways,again,good story and continue the good work :) Saw you did some Storm Hawks fanfic,might check those out along with the sequel of this story. Bye.
SJC-Caron chapter 10 . 12/12/2012
CORRECTION: please delete the word science that follows the world psychological.
SJC-Caron chapter 9 . 12/7/2012
Wow... oh wow...

No fanfic that I have ever read before has gone so deep in developing the psychological science profiles of the main characters (and be so grounded in what the original series provided you to work with). Chapter 9 is probably the best chapter in this entire continuity of fanfics, but the other chapters are strong as well. I laughed when Riley was recalling her "Laws of Engagement" and cringed at how the date went. The battle with the Stingmon was written as well as could be expected for an action scene that is best suited for TV, the portrayal of the characters figuring out how to navigate their new relationship status is extremely well done, and the conversations in Chapter 9... once again I can only say wow.

Your writing is improving with each fanfic you write (and I say this having read all of your Digimon fanfics).

Now for the small list of flaws: in a few chapters you make several spelling/grammar mistakes (mostly stuff like cant instead of can't), and the plot inconsistencies between this fanfic and "A Different Kind of Day" regarding Takato's cardboard sign the morning following Rika's Valentine's Day sleepover needs to be fixed in one of the fanfics.

But overall this is at worst A minus material. This and the related fanfics you wrote makes any list of top 10 Tamers fanfics on FFdotNET (if not the top ten Digimon fanfics on FFdotNET list).

PS: At this point it seams unlikely that the Big Fic you keep mentioning in your author's notes will be posted anytime soon, but please finish "Will You?" or at least provide us with Chapter 2 (Rika's breakfast meeting with Takato's parents). Thank you.