Reviews for This Emptiness is so Real
Tabitha Potter chapter 2 . 7/27/2015
Holy crap I love this story! Everything from the word choice, the characterization of Dante, Kyrie, and Nero being spot on, and how the issues are dealt all blend together perfectly. I couldn't get enough and it is easily one of my favorites! Kudos to you! 3
idk12345678910 chapter 2 . 7/11/2015
This story was amazing! Your skills as a writer are superb, and this story is going to definitely take its well-deserved spot in my favorites list!
Warfang chapter 2 . 6/26/2015
Well, I can say that this is different from the usual fare I find on here, and it's the good kind of different.

I'm not entirely sure I fully understand the feelings in Dante's chest, or how they are formed (I thought he had an actual chunk of metal in there, not just emotional baggage) but I did grasp the analogy.

Nero, Kyrie, and Dante's interactions were smooth, engaging, and just a bit of rough around the edges. Those two certainly had a lot of fun at Nero's expenses, and I can just imagine the years stretching ahead of them should Dante continue with the visits.

There isn't much I could say in regards to improving your writing, although I am curious as to where the demons got the idea that Nero was a 'son of Sparda'.

But Dante taking out a horde of demons with a pizza platter and Kyrie deciding to frame it...that was awesome. .
Lemontention chapter 2 . 11/25/2014
You just know how to make a story hilarious don't you? You should the smile on my face, ear to ear I tell you. And your dialogue, now that is fantastic. Anyways, loved this one and thanks for writing it.
l'innocence chapter 2 . 8/31/2014
This was really sweet. I really like that this story deals with Dante's emotions because we don't get that from the games. I found the dialogue very realistic, which is something many often struggle to accomplish. Great job!
Gimlifan8 chapter 2 . 11/18/2013
Wow. Cool. You got one awesome story in here.
Rebeldynasty chapter 2 . 4/18/2013
Lol, Dante is so cocky. Trying to drag an apology out of Nero and all.

I like what Nero said to him, about him showing up, just to bolt again, leaving him to try and figure his lineage all alone. I love their conversation on the matter, in general. A lot of conflicting emotions for them both to sort through.

As usual, I love the banter between the two of them, as well. it's actually one of my favourite parts of DMC4.

And seriously laughing at how Nero is getting ganged up on! Oh my god, I'm loving how Kyrie is teasing him, outright, with Dante backing her. of course, it is Nero's fault; he did carelessly blurt that whole "type" thing out, lol. I have to agree with Kyrie; Dante is definitely in his prime. ;)

Glad to see Dante's feeling a bit more at ease. Can't wait to read more.
Rebeldynasty chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Beautifully done. Dante's turmoil is palpable, and one I can well relate with.

I love his resignation, when Kyrie offers to make him his favourite dish (he really does always end up with olives, lol).

I also love how perceptive Kyrie is of Dante; in every endeavour he has faced, though he is subtle in his emotions, his actions speak volumes about who and what he is. And while he definitely gets a thrill from the fight, his main reasoning behind fighting has always been to defend those in need-whether they ask him to, want him to, or not.

So I think it's a nice touch, that Kyrie has such an awareness for the psyches of warriors.

It's unfortunate that Nero doesn't understand what really set Dante off. I guess I'll see how things go in the next chapter.
Jimli chapter 2 . 11/24/2012
I found this story a while back. I stuffed it immediately into my bookmarks. Since then, I've read over it a few times. I've thought quite seriously about how to answer your query regarding what people like about it. Here are some of the things I like about it, in no particular order:

1. It's cleanly written. Your spelling, grammar, syntax, etc, are all really good, making it just plain easy-to-read.

2. The story itself is simple. No convoluted plot points, no mind-boggling twists, no WTF evil schemes. There isn't anything wrong with those kind of plot devices, and properly done, they can be quite enjoyable, but they don't really have a place in this story.

3. All of the characters in the story are very much in-character. There is a balance to writing fandom characters so that they are still the same people we love, and yet can react to different situations than what we've previously seen them in. A fanfic writer can show character growth, or demonstrate a new facet to someone's personality without utterly warping the character.

4. Kyrie. Honestly, there are a lot of Devil May Cry fans who don't like her, for various reasons, and do a lot of bashing. Here, she is presented as a warm, loving, and sweet girl, like the game suggests, but she also is very real, solid, and playful. She has softness and steel in a likable, refreshing combination. In the game, we are supposed to understand that she is not another kick-ass, in-your-face broad like Lady or Trish. Perhaps that's why some don't like her. She retains that difference here, without being whiny, useless, clingy, or sappy.

5. Nero. It's easy to picture Nero being brash, loud-mouthed, and hot-headed, because that is how he is when we meet him. It's easy to forget that we meet him under extreme circumstances. He simply cannot be like that all the time. Here, we get to see a realistic picture of what his "normal" life could be like, relaxing, interacting with his girlfriend, trying just to get along in the world, like all of us.

6. Dante. The driving force in all things Devil May Cry, really, and yet sometimes it seems we see so little of his thoughts and feelings. Granted, those things don't make for interesting gameplay, but he has them, regardless. We get glimpses of his depth, pain, and guilt in the games and the animation, but they're typically only enough to tease. Here, they are fleshed out, the meat of the story, as a matter of fact, and he regains his humanity. Sure, he's a badass, that's kind of the point of him from a gaming standpoint, but as a character, he has to have more. Here, he does. He's believable, lovable, noble, and yet still very much a badass, still Dante.

7. The balances between humor and seriousness, dark and light, and sadness and hope. The Sparda legacy is many things, including tragic. Your story not only doesn't ignore that, it drags it into the light. Dante's thoughts of his family, Nero's confusion over who and what he is, Kyrie's guilt and grief over her brother, all of these things are touched on and examined, but they aren't allowed to overwhelm the mood of the story. They still laugh, tease, and play around with each other, learning how to be a family, if they can.

8. The overall message in the story. By the end of the story, that message seems to be "There is hope and other good things here, and everyone deserves those things". These three, they've had a lot of bad things in their lives, but they also have good things, including the warmth of and love for each other. The overall tone of the story is positive, a happy ending.

Sorry for the excessive babbling, but I really wanted to answer the question as fully as I could. Hope this helps. For anyone who may not agree, including yourself, dear author, you can always chalk it all up to one psycho chick's opinion, ;).

Thanks for the really good story!
Jimli ;P
Guest chapter 2 . 11/8/2012
Keep going bruh ;_; i luuuuvhhhhhhhhhhh it! ;A;
HolyPie chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I thought this story was amazing, but it did make me head hurt but I got there in the end, also I do belive some of the thing you made Dante feel and think about I thought that they where very Dante, he maybe a strong and cocky man but I think with all the stuff he has been through that he would think and feel very deep. Xx ()
Diamond in the Rough chapter 2 . 6/5/2012
To be honest, I loved all of it. The way you captured Dante's personality was spot on and I love what you did with Kyrie, it brought her to life and gave her more of a personality than the stories did, for me at least. Also, the bit with Dante and the pizza tray was probably the moment I was laughing the most, also the bit near the end when Kyrie and Dante are teasing Nero.

You have a wonderful talent for grasping these characters personalities and keeping to them, which is something that's harder to do than people think (I, for one am someone who has trouble with it ;D)
Pebbles16 chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
I have only one thing to say

This story amazing.

Pebbles

x
Salaura chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
Beautiful, simply beautiful. You've taken Kyrie, a character who was so flat she was 2D in her original work, and grown her into a well-rounded woman with her own personality that doesn't clash with her original canon at all. I was even reading her dialogue and thoughts in her voice. At first I had a problem with Dante's characterization, but then I remembered that this is likely placed between the events of DMC4 and DMC2, so it's easy to see Dante's downward spiral into the depressed state that he reaches in DMC2, and it's wonderful how Kyrie is able to avert that with her simple charms. Nero's characterization is spot-on as well, with nice nods to Vergil here and there without being overt.

A masterful piece.
bogey654 chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
This. Was. Epic! Amazing! And, I only spotted two mistakes in the whole thing! More,MORE MOOORRRREEE! 10/10. Bazinga!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »