Reviews for One Missed Strike, Part II
AnthonyC22 chapter 10 . 4/22/2015
Part two was just as good as Part one. Great story this was.
iChaos chapter 9 . 8/6/2014
First of all, Thrawn rocks out loud.

I admit to being biased, but Mara's sudden defection felt genuine for the character under the circumstances. After all, she was serving Vader and the Empire of her own free will in this story without the nefarious influence of Sidious clouding her judgment. Luke was wise to resist Vader's offer. Hopefully, Yoda will be able to last a while longer yet, as the new generation of Jedi are in desperate need of guidance if they are to survive now that all the familial relationships are out in the open.
DVandson16 chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
"Set your course for the Hoth system, General Veers... prepare your men!"
fiesa chapter 10 . 12/12/2013
My compliments on a second part well done.

Again, reading your story was a pleasure and I really, really felt with the characters. You manage to hold the overall tension over quite some time. That way, I've come to like even more characters (Darth Nova, for example) previously unknown to me (Admiral Piett, too, actually he's the one Imperial I like best because Thrawn gives me the creeps, not because of his species but because of his character) and a few I already knew but never liked well. Lando, for example, was someone I couldn't get in touch with until recently. I guess I always was angered by his betrayal in Cloud City - you have redeemed him, in my eyes, and I'm glad for him.

Besides the multitude of familiar characters and others I've enjoyed especially your portrait of Anakin Skywalker a lot. You show him fully emerged in the Dark Side in this part, unlike before, when he seemed to keep up a semblance of the balance he was teaching. The last part of the epilogue, therefore, is one of my favorite parts: well-written and oh-so-wonderfully-foreshadowing.

Besides your ability to incorporate so many of the wonderful dialogue lines from the movie, I was impressed by your ability to twist the plot just a tiny bit and to create a completely different scenario. I think it was purpose that Leia's fight against Vader mirrors Luke original fight against him, both scenes climaxing in the most famous line of the movies. That, and the way you draw Leia slowly closer to the Force, was a very impressive feat.

As a great fan of T. Zahn and his Mara I loved the way you portray her. It was clear in the first part that she was Vader's spy, now, three years later, you showed her internal conflict between the loyalty she feels she owes Anakin Skywalker and the - well, perhaps love when it comes to Luke, it wasn't exactly clear to see for me but surely the camaraderie she feels towards many of the rebels. The explanation you gave for the reason why Luke never noticed she was a Force-user, too, was very rational and believable, and I was quite worried when she first realized Leia could sense the Force, too. The chapter with the Millenium Falcon and her passengers fleeing from Thrawn and the Executor was a wonderful chapter, full of good lines, nice plot twists and insights. As was the last fight in Cloud City - Mara against Darth Nova, Chewie and Lando and Leia against Boba Fett and Luke against Darth Vader. Especially some curses Chewbacca let lose there sure were memorable :) And I'm so glad Han never was delivered to Jabba. For the better, really, while I like Tatooine I really dislike slimy hutts But then, who actually likes those?

As it is, I'm already halfway through part 3 and so far quite amazed at what you've done to the last part. AU indeed - and it is wonderfully done. And Padme is alive again! I probably have mentioned it before and will mention it again but I really, really like the way you characterize Anakin. I never really liked the way he fell - well, actually, I never really liked that he fell at all. I know there wouldn't have been the other movies then, but... Hmmm

Off to finish the third part. Thank you for sharing this story!
Jambee chapter 2 . 11/1/2013
I liked this lightsaber duo with Luke against Darth Nova. I like how you made Luke actually show some power!
SkywalkerLover2011 chapter 6 . 8/22/2013
I legit just died from that chapter. My god you are wonderful.
Serendipity chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Best Author Ever. Fun writing style, clever stories, interesting characterization (particularly with Jade and Marek) and all around awesome. Also, a true Star Wars fan. An ensemble of the best characters in interesting new roles that still fit them, and foreshadowing of the most underused members of SW fanfiction... the Vong. Vader's gathering a mysterious fleet in the unknown region indeed.
Hammerchuckery chapter 10 . 3/17/2012
Hmm. Can't say I enjoyed this more than Part 1.

Seriously, three decades of Vader rule MUST HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING. What point is there to keep the Empire slightly different in order to just have favorite characters just be there?

The outright ban on slavery. Moot. Untold trillions of credits saved from building the DS I & II (This alone would allow Imperial Worlds to prosper and be kept content or even happy). Eh. And the meritocracy Vader would probably have enforced in the Navy. Blah.

You pretty much 'enhanced' the entire plot with Lucas Effect. So onward to Pt. 3!
Blake2020 chapter 2 . 1/25/2012
Blake2020 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
WrittinInStone chapter 10 . 11/1/2011
Great story, so far.

I like your writing style.

By far one of the best Luke/Vader fics. Thank you.
thishasnothinglefthere chapter 10 . 8/24/2011
you ended this so well that i'm crying. that was amasing
Sharnorasian Empire chapter 10 . 12/24/2010
Again 0.0 an amazing awe inspiring story, I really love it and your writing :)

MiravsStella chapter 2 . 11/2/2010
These stories are absolutely brilliant; this is good enough to be the movie as well. However, I must disagree with your view on Legacy of the Force; I believe that it's an excellent series with plenty of realism, and that it really forces you to question the difference between good and evil.
Worldisquiethere chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
as true as the stuff you said about the new EU stuff, its not so terrible, i mean, its not like the star wars holiday special bad. :P