Reviews for One and only Son
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 22 . 11/14
I sincerely hope Alexander can get them under control. After all the crap he's been given.

Well written and an interesting look at how Alexander's dedication kind of failed him.
Serval chapter 12 . 10/24
Really even in a fanfiction Kallen is falling in love with zero I wouldn't mind her being loyal to him but I never understood why she had to fall in love with him.
Rigaldo chapter 23 . 10/20
More please!
Advanced-ZeroX chapter 10 . 10/13
Its great
really good work i love this story hope you update soon! really hope cornelia isn't dead i like her character!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 23 . 10/6
Well, glad to read once more of this fic. The battle were pretty good and this chapter sets some developments for the future. I wonder how you'll deal the Akito characters (since I'm not really following that series, I don't care what happens in canon), but they also seems weird and gaudy as the other characters. Keep going!
Shikyo no Kyoufu chapter 23 . 10/1
Well that was an intense chapter.
GlaringEyes chapter 23 . 10/1
Hey there. Long time no see. It's been more than a year since the last update, but it was worth the wait: an action-packed chapter, with the long-awaited Gundam vs Knightmares. And the battles were realistic and balanced. I thought earlier that the Guren wouldn't stand a chance, but you reminded that, despite the Gundam's size and strength, it's slower than the Guren, so it wouldn't be a one-sided fight. The Guren vs Vercingetorix scene kicked ass too (I wonder if the last two Akito movies will feature this fight)?

Hooray for Shin's first appearance! And Manfredi is still alive, but for how long until Shin sets his Geass on him? You also included some info I didn't know about, like Manfredi being a former Knight of the Round Table, or Vercingetorix being originally his. You even made some interesting connections between the two seasons, by explaining how Tohdoh and Ohgi had been made prisioners at the beginning of R2. A very informative chapter.

Alexander is quite the ladies man, isn't he? Cornelia, Shirley, Marina, Carline, Nena and now Monica, they are all falling for him. And speaking of the latter, the CG Wikia says Monica's father was also called Alexander. Is that one of the reasons she's so fond of him? And what about the EU Knightmares named Alexander too? Man, it will make a bloody, confusing narrative if a Gundam vs Akito fight breaks. Hope you update it soon!
blackmambauk chapter 23 . 10/1
Now this was quite the chapter overall, the word I would use to describe it is focused.

It was like the battle of blackwater from Game of Thrones in that it focused entirely on one battles with a set of characters in one location.

While I have always felt you have handled your many characters and arc's well, this chapter really did benefit on the full focus on the setting and characters here. sometimes you just need to halt other stuff in order to give the proper attention and detail to storylines and characters in your work.

With the main thrust of it going to Alex and Kallen, showing how two people in the same sort of situation, namely having to take command for the first time without their leaders there to back them up or give guidance to them.

With the two acting as great foils to one another, but also not so different in how they take losses and damage to their machines in similar ways. I liked how Alex's gundam wasn't overpowering to just destroy the guren and that Alex basically was too used to his old knightmare at times to make use of his new machine efficiently at certain points.

It gave his scenes some really nice tension to it that I never felt from setsuna's battles in 00. Where he either overpowered his opponents without trouble or basically got an upgrade or new weapon out of nowhere. Trans arms comes to mind here and it's why 00 in my view was never a very good gundam series. Plus the way the series favours CB was just really annoying despite their hypocrisy and the fact they are no better than the people they hate.

Enough on that. Loved how kallen found herself powerless on many levels in having to leave Ohgi and the rest behind, but also deal with the fact that she was pushed to her limits against Alex. Again this adds good tension to her scenes and also allows us to see into her mind in ways canon didn't do.

I assume kallen and urabe are heading to where they will eventually cross paths with Oz from Oz the reflection, since they met him sometime during his photo story. Cornelia appears at somepoint during that arc as well. When are you planning to being Cornelia back into the story? It's been five chapters now since we last saw her and since her name is ahead of Alex's, I assume that this is just as much her story as it's Alex's.

Don't rush it, but some hints to her whereabouts might be nice in coming chapters. Know I have said it before but just keep wondering since it's been nearly a year since this story updated.

Loved all the description of the battle scenes and how you portrayed Monica in this, it's great to see focus on a character who got killed off so anticlimaxly in canon.

Also liked what you did with lord Manfredi, he's one of the few akito characters I found interesting and they killed him off after three minutes, massive waste I felt. Hope to see more of him in future chapters.

Akito stuff was actually okay I felt, I have mentioned enough times my disappointment in akito the exiled. Namely for wasting the chance to portray the EU and it's conflict, instead all we have gotten is a repeat of the show's themes and characters with a time wasting appearance of a certain character that took attention away from Akitio's main villain.

Liked the bit Tohdoh had with him still feeling like he has no real cause to fight for and that he had fight his emotions get in the way before. And Ohgi picked the worst time to indulge in pride and has now left his people without someone who can truly represent them in ways needed. Know Kaguya is still around but how much can she do is questionable.

Liked the last scene between Alex and Monica, real nice bonding moment and great ways to finish the very bittersweet chapter of where there was much conflict and battles to be had. With which side to root for making it all the more enjoyable.

Hope to see more chapters like this in the future.

MadFrog2000 chapter 23 . 10/1
Yes! YES! YES!
Awesome chapter! Probably the best in this story!
Kain Everguard chapter 23 . 10/1
Thank you for the wonderful new chapter. The deadliness of Gundam in Alexander's hand was very satisfying to watch.
I hope you will continue this story, and good luck!
Imperial warlord chapter 23 . 10/1
Awesome chapter.
White Giant name for enemy to fear.
JumpingToaster chapter 23 . 9/30
It lives!
HalcyonDays14 chapter 23 . 9/30
Yay! Update!

Nicely done, I was in the edge of my seat through the entire chapter. Will the "White Giant" be the alias Setsuna/Alexander be known as for his enemies and allies alike? I kind of like it. It' simple, yet at the same time quite intimidating. And will Exia or Qan-T make an appearance when your story reach CG season 2 timeline? 00 looks alright, but I can't really say the same for 00 Raiser. Not to mention Exia and Qan-T both have a more knight-like appearance to them.
TheSilentDarkAngel chapter 23 . 9/30
A new chapter! Woott!
And dropped us straight into the thick of action!
Epicness is epic.
And beautiful rendered action scene and behind the scenes pov are amazing.
I can see the scenes!
Thank you very very much for such a great read.