Reviews for Sidelines
Wren Truesong chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Oh no, it really does fit beautifully. And I came to love Ishina, too... maybe because I've never actually played, just watched LPs. I could associate with her very well.
Vegeta the 3rd chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
That's a pretty nice and unique one-shot, describing how someone from the sidelines perceived this and noticed all the little things; their bonds, their social behaviors, all their struggles and even a bit of misfits tossed in. Very original and well written at that. The vagueness of it all gave a good sense of foreshadowing too, even though we kinda knew the story from their actual perspective.

-Vegeta the 3rd
Twotwentytwo chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
It's interesting to see from an outsider's perspective, especially since the team isn't exactly known for their subtlety. And some nice touches like the fact that Naoto and Yosuke were basically Souji's main running crew as far as big decisions went during the final parts of the game. Hints of Souji/Yukiko also brings me alarming amounts of joy. I do like the differences between the "ends" of the case, the first one they begin drifting apart and the second they become closer than ever. It shows how they progress as characters through the year.

Though, personally, I think Yosuke might be the strongest of the team emotionally. Souji's right about Naoto likely breaking, though :(.

So yeah, pretty enjoyable overall.
Snakeeater91 chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Loved it! Never really thought about how a outsider would think about the group.