Reviews for An Odd Conversation
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 5/28
This is a very intriguing one-shot that fits in nicely with the film. I imagine that the interaction between Malcolm and Lynn was challenging to write, but you pulled it off well. I especially love Lynn's first line that "it usually doesn't get cold when Cole is away," which creates a nice ominous tone for the rest of the story. The conversation between the two of them is the most interesting part of this story to me, and I think Malcolm's internal dialogue in the beginning goes on for a bit too long. I might suggest condensing that down to get to him and Lynn sooner.

My problem with the dialogue wasn't that it "didn't make any sense," but that it was often hard to keep track of who was talking. It would help a lot if you created a new paragraph each time the speaker changed. For example, Malcolm's "Who's to blame them?" should not be in the same paragraph as Lynn's dialogue, because that makes it seem like she's still talking.

Some SPaG errors: "I hope my people skills haven't {deteriorated} too much," "I don't know{,} you tell me," "I've been with Cole all {his?} my life"

P.S. I'm here reviewing you for the review-a-thon at the Caesar's Palace forum! Come drop by sometime, all fandoms welcome :)
Aspergian Mind chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
To fscjllvsbgsckbuigl:

I don't know how else to reach you but this is the best I can do.

As I said in the Author's Note: She was talking to herself, and Malcolm so happen to interept it as her communicating it

You should ask the movie this one question: How did Malcolm go through all that time never knowing he's dead?

This one-shot is my indirect explanation, through interpreting this scenario. I've written that he has been somewhat reclusive, him distanting himself from his wife also made him unsocialable, even given him somewhat of a fake memory of him in the 'hosipital.'

It's ironic that the one time that Malcolm talks to someone else outside his wife and the kid is the one who just so happen to be talking to herself.
fscjllvsbgsckbuigl chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
malcolm is dead! only cole can here him! how the hell would lynn be able 2 talk 2 him?
xFallingStarsx chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Hmm... This scene in the movie had me REALLY confused! Is it just me, or did it seem like Cole's mom could see and hear Dr Malcolm, even though he was a ghost? I think that maybe the writers made a teensy little mistake there and forgot that he was actually dead and no-one but Cole could see or hear him... Meh, oh well.

This story was ok, even though it was a little hard to understand. But I guess that's the way you wanted it to turn out, hee hee XD.
planet p chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
It was interesting, just… hard to discern, if that makes any sense.

I’m one of the opinion that if you don’t keep writing, the ability kind of leaves you… you know, that articulation. Yes, so, by all means, keep writing.