Reviews for At the Edge of the World
Ciel In A Dress chapter 43 . 8/19
This story is amazing and well worth staying up half the night to marathon. I've always wanted to see more of Nadeshiko's story and you write it brilliantly. The way it's so tied-in with Sonomi's is really fantastic.
Zelda Sheik chapter 43 . 3/5
Love how it is going 3
James Birdsong chapter 43 . 1/26
Wonderful
AngelEmCuti chapter 42 . 1/4
Nice chapter!
Kawaiichef chapter 43 . 4/14/2015
I absolutely adore this story, and I wish I would have found it sooner. I especially like how you wrote Fujitaka's character in such a way that I find it hard to hate him, given the ever complicated situation he and Nadeshiko are in. Knowing CLAMP and their classic works, some storylines really come out as mere wish fulfillment and are completely unrealistic as I have re-read them as an adult. But I commend you with your writing skills, and how you present the theme in a way that the reader could easily find themselves in the character's shoes. I also tend to sympathize with Sonomi, given the circumstance, as I have also felt the distance (and eventual loss) of a friend once due to a similar situation. I am also curious about this Mizuki person; do include him more in the story! All in all, good job!
Guest chapter 43 . 2/18/2015
Ah, this is nothing. Relatively speaking. Check out Rika and Terada. Now there's a pair that creeps me out.
archangelBBQ chapter 43 . 1/17/2015
Hello again- another excellent installment in this intriguing story! I love thinking of Sonomi and Nadeshiko sitting on the verandah in cool weather eating ice cream in their jumpers, looking at the stars. I love the little moments between those two the most. The way you write it is so beautiful and a little wistful (though maybe I read that into it because it makes me a little wistful to be a teenager again with my most treasured person, my elder sister.)

I find Fujitaka about half creepy and the other half endearing. I know I should probably distrust him a little more and see him from both Sonomi's perspective and from the perspective of any rational adult who sees a relationship developing between an adult and a minor (alert warning alert alert), but I find myself (mostly) looking at him from Nadeshiko's point of view, as I find myself relating the most with her (maybe because I am a bit of a well-meaning, naive scatterbrain myself.) (I am also one to find myself forgetting real-life implications when I am engaged in a story that I love, and then the more dramas the better.) I suppose I'm also working against years of CLAMP brainwashing in the (as you rightly say) very one-dimensional story of their relationship portrayed in CCS. I think this chapter illustrates really well the thin line they've crossed. I felt the most hesitant about their relationship in all of this when Nadeshiko started to tell him about her father. She seems so incredibly vulnerable and childish, and to see them cuddling/kissing afterwards makes one a little nervous. But at the same time, you've shown that Fujitaka isn't just some creeper (at least not completely), because he is showing some restraint and obviously does have some consideration for her well-being over his own desires. Everything is, of course, rather complicated when it comes to relationships and the age difference and student-teacher makes it all that much more tangled.

Anyway - thank you very much also for the note, it made my day to hear from you! I feel like I have to apologize for my terribly haphazard and rather incoherent reviews, I am not really the best at expressing what I want to say but I feel obligated to confuse you with my ramblings anyway, if only to let you know concretely your writing is being read by another.

Thank you again for sharing this with us - I understand that fanfiction writing is often extremely frustrating and can seem rather unrewarding, and I just want to say that I love your writing very much and look forward to reading more in the future. Thank you so much for all that you do!
abbq chapter 42 . 1/1/2015
WHAT if I'd been paying attention and realized that was the last chapter I would have left a more thoughtful review instead of some dumbass snarky remark about Nadeshiko's butt. Anyway, I just want to commend you on this story. It's really fabulous, you've done an excellent job showing the many facets of all the difficulties faced by the characters. The illicit love affair is done really, really well. I love the mild-mannered, intelligent, gentle and innocent Fujitaka who is seducing his student at the same time. (Or letting himself be seduced as it goes both ways a bit I suppose, though the burden of responsibility ultimately, I suppose, has to rest with him.) The way you've illustrated the friendship between Nadeshiko and Sonomi is just amazing. And the secrets they can't help but keep from each other. Reading this is somehow really .. really nostalgic and twinging at the heartstrings for me, so I suppose you've succeeded. Reader emotionally moved: check. All in all-very well done. Fantastic writing! I love you for it.

I hope you'll give us another update soon. I just ... GAH. Words escape me. I want them to make this into a movie or something. I want this to just continue on ... forever. I'll probably go back and reread anyway sometime, if you don't.

Also, (anyway,) I can't help but wonder (and perhaps this is too cliche) ... is Mizuki, perhaps, Daidouji Mizuki? (Do we ever know what Tomoyo's father's name is? I honestly can't remember.)

Thank you so much for sharing - wishing you all the best. And Happy New Year!
archangelBBQ chapter 42 . 1/1/2015
Haha, the stain on Nadeshiko's butt made me laugh too :D
archangelBBQ chapter 41 . 1/1/2015
Seriously this is so great. Why is this so great?! What are you doing to me
(in a good way)
archangelBBQ chapter 32 . 1/1/2015
Even in all of this, somehow I just want Nadeshiko and Sonomi to be together forever. Somehow, even in a few short paragraphs, I am tremendously lonely for them.
archangelBBQ chapter 25 . 1/1/2015
I love their letters to each other! I am grinning a big cheesy grin over here right now.
archangelBBQ chapter 22 . 1/1/2015
Aggghhhh poor Sonomi. Sonomi really has the short end of the stick and I feel for her. I am both looking forward to and dreading the moment Nadeshiko comes clean with her.
archangelBBQ chapter 19 . 1/1/2015
Once again ... I absolutely adore your Fujitaka. "Oh my," he says mildly.
And poor Nadeshiko ... for so many reasons.
archangelBBQ chapter 18 . 1/1/2015
The last line in this chapter is soooo beautiful. Good lord I love your writing :)