Reviews for Nothing Beats Brain Tumor Card
drbaby chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Haha, I was on gabapentin after a suegery a gew years ago..According to my parents,I acted exacty like this seems more of a friendship between Booth and Hodgins,not a coupling..Confused!But great job!
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
That was really well done. You did an awesome job of showing how Hodgins processed it without beating us over the head *about* Hodgins processing it, if you know what I mean. And there was enough technical and medical details in there to make it real without overdoing it. Very well done.

Glad to read that your Mom recovered but I totally agree that 'Bones' will gloss over the real recovery time frames, extended life impact, etc. There are two people in my life who survived brain tumors - my cousin was in a wheelchair for the rest of her life (diagnosed age 11, died in her late 30s) and my friend made a full recovery and throws a "I beat a brain tumor" party every single year, but even he didn't come away unscarred, physically or mentally.
Josie Belle Barnstormer chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Wow. This author has really outdone herself. I mean personally.

As is often the case, she uses a few neo-logisms that do not work very well.

She creates brain tumour horror and illustrates it with the mundane parts of recovery, such as coping with every-day needs or trying to focus on the present.

The role of helpful colleague is another part she writes with insight and sympathy.

This author makes work scenes and ideas that less capable hands would turn into mawkishness.
Hikari-Kayko chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
lol. that was great. yeah, i know what being on steroids are like... kind'a like this - _O. lmao. this was a nice little ficlette. XD

HIKARi
kinneygirl chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
is this Booth/Hodgins? because i'd like to read that, this was cute, and I guess a good venue for you to get real recovery issues out of your system - (One of my friends is obsessed w/ the fact that booth will have a full head of hair 6 weeks after surgery)

write a story that explains why Hodgins is the one Booth would rely on
RowdyRomantic chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
this is very very good!

I like that Jack will step up and look after Parker. I like that Booth asked him to!

Nice!