Reviews for The Newborn
WoodLily chapter 13 . 10/18/2010
I can see how Rose's idea of hell would be to be trapped with a man that doesn't worship her. :-) I love the way Edward responds to a female in crisis. Typical doctor!

I couldn't help the music from Handel's "Messiah" from playing in my mind while Carlisle was praying. (The quote from Corinthians 15). All our vampires seem to have a god-complex in one way or another, don't they?

And I wish that the film version of Eclipse had shown more of "Bride from Hell Rosalie".

Looking forward to chapter 14...
WoodLily chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
I enjoyed Esme's intervention of enforced fun. Poor Edward still won't allow himself embrace beauty and joy in the world. It will take time for him to heal.

You moved into canon dialogue at the end of the chapter seamlessly: well done. We know what Carlisle was thinking, of course. I can't wait for the fireworks when Edward figures it out.

Well done.
Darklady11 chapter 9 . 10/18/2010
Jesus! Edward's prodigal return is very emotional.
WoodLily chapter 11 . 10/15/2010
I enjoyed the flash of Edward's childhood memory - we don't get enough of these in fanfiction - and his longing for his mother as she represents his lost humanity.

And, I loved this exchange:

"I don't think you know what turned up on your doorstep, Carlisle."

"I do. It was my son, Edward. The same intelligent boy that brought me out of isolation and brightened my days for the first time in over two hundred years."

"Carlisle, you saved that boy for as long as you could, but I made quick work of ruining him."

Now they're in Rochester, and things are about to get very interesting!

Well done - yet again.
WoodLily chapter 10 . 10/14/2010
Edward possesses overwhelming, eternal guilt for taking human lives but he's not the only one. I know so little about Eleazar, and your characterization fleshes him out nicely.
WoodLily chapter 9 . 10/14/2010
The transition to Eleazar's POV was a little abrupt, but I enjoyed the trek through Rumania. You write your historical details well.

And I'm glad that I'm the only one in the office right now because that ending just moved me to tears. It was absolutely beautiful.

Thank you. :-)
WoodLily chapter 8 . 10/14/2010
"This is the end, beautiful friend...

This is the end, my only friend, the end...

Of everything that stands, the end..."

Were you listening to that song as you wrote this chapter?

And the line that sent shivers down my spine: "No." Edward grabbed hold of my hand under the water. "Everything is about to change. Please, give me an hour."

WoodLily chapter 7 . 10/14/2010
Ah... I know why this chapter was so hard for you to write, but trust me, it's one of your best in an already fine piece of work.

The light pours out of Edward as much as the music of Esme's melody does. I loved the heartbreaking juxtiposition.

The balance of levity you injected with Carlisle snapping photos all night long was lovely as well. That's SO him. What will those who loved Edward see when they look back on those photos in the years to come?

Well done.
WoodLily chapter 6 . 10/13/2010
But there's something wrong with me. Instead, I only want blood and death." ~ I love the glimpse of the monster beneath the carefully constructed mask. Even this early on, he's incapable of seeing his inate goodness.

The Edward in my story voices a very similar statement, co-incidentally, also to Tanya.

You write them both with such feeling. I am thoroughly enjoying this.
WoodLily chapter 5 . 10/13/2010
You evoked the jazz era very well. I like how you turned the tables on Tanya. She's the 'unsure newliing' in Edwards' domain now.
billyvmom chapter 22 . 10/13/2010
I love the twilight series and have enjoyed your spin and additions to the stories especially this one. I am looking forward to reading more on this story soon. I also would love to see a few chapters in esme or Carlisles POV
WoodLily chapter 4 . 10/12/2010
Poor, poor Tanya! I loved this:

"I wanted him to touch me and I wanted to slap him all at once."

and this... "Who was this boy to look down his nose at me, and to think so highly of himself that he might pity my life?"

and this... "I'm sorry Carlisle, but your son isn't my type. I thought you knew that."

Rubbing my hands in anticipation as I turn the page... :-)
WoodLily chapter 3 . 10/12/2010
Once again, this was a delight. I loved how the Denali vampires flew into action as soon as they knew the Cullens were returning. I got a real sense of their isolation.

Edward's obvious affection for Esme was very touching. But poor Tanya - trying so hard not to wear her heart on her sleeve. Sigh!
heldtoransom chapter 11 . 10/10/2010
I think Edward is about to get something to take his mind off his own troubles and self hatred!

Your story has such a believable life of it's own. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
WoodLily chapter 2 . 10/10/2010
I love the sweet, playful friendship that's developing between the two of them. She loves his innocence but she wants to take it from him too.

She's fallen for him. How could she not?
365 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »