Reviews for The Sun Soul
Hmmm. This does read a bit like Fallout:Pokemon
I like the idea of this particular universe, there are just a few problems with it that break my immersion. First, the casual way people are dying left, front and center as if it happens constantly is not realistic. It can't be, or there wouldn't be people alive in the first place much less some to have time to build an unprotected town in the middle of nowhere. Death does need a vivid place here, but it's over represented in the body counts we are seeing. Second, I don't care what kind of hard ass you are making Ash Ketchum out to be, the way he takes the death of his mother, which happens behind the scenes further taking away from what should be a dramatic and sorrowful moment, is completely unrealistic. Dude at age 16 doesn't even cry and just sets it behind him immediately with no one acting like it's a big deal at all, and no funerals. It's either bullshit, or he is a sociopath incapable of emotion. Past trauma doesn't negate feelings like most people believe, especially toward one's family, no matter how common general death is (which is far too much to be realistic in this story unless people are being cloned at a rapid pace to sustain a population). People in this universe would never have made it out of the stone age, if they even managed to survive in the first place. In short, the kill/death ratio is too skewed. A snorlax kills 90 people? An entire town destroyed with how many dead and this is common? It doesn't add up. There continuing to be isolated settlements made from flammable materials would not exist here. There would be spots of humanity with massive walls surrounded by wilderness like you see in Attack on Titan.
redsengineer6 chapter 25 . 9/17
OH GOD OH FUCK PIKACHU'S DEAD
redsengineer6 chapter 22 . 9/16
HOLY FUCK MISTY'S DEAD NOW
redsengineer6 chapter 11 . 9/10
oof fearow's dead
redsengineer6 chapter 1 . 9/9
holy fuck this fanfic don't fuck around! 10 deaths in chapter 1!
rgjflood chapter 3 . 9/7
wow do people just kill people around here? i mean i kinda understand why but that was abrupt
HellsMaji chapter 2 . 6/29
Whelp, ash is clearly pathetic. That's four or five times he's almost died in two chapters. Clearly he has no idea what he's doing, and learning from oak for a decade did jack all. Hell, he jumped in front of a raging gyarados for a Pokemon he knew for an hour. But wait! He had a pokeball that could have saved it without uselessly jumping in front of flames! What a tool.
Pretty good. I like the whole new take
Hailey Face chapter 4 . 6/8
So far this is the greatest idea for Pokemon I have ever heard of. This has been put together perfectly, I can't wait to soak it all up
Kakahdkfhsjahf chapter 39 . 5/16
I’m gonna be honest and say that I really liked it until that shit ending
TheSummerSet chapter 25 . 5/8
Dude you're tearing me apart what the hell. Not pikachu homie, not the the electric mouse my dude. Ash said it would be the last time pikachu would go in the pokeball and it was. For real though he shouldve sent out Vaporeon to tear a hoe up.
TheSummerSet chapter 22 . 5/8
What's gonna happen to blastoise tho? Did he die somewhere in the chapter and I missed it cuz there was just so much going on
TheSummerSet chapter 22 . 5/8
This broke my heart man. What the hell did I just read...
Bloodgalore chapter 4 . 4/14
My response to every chapter so far has been “ohh that makes so much sense!” I love it. I love how you are explaining why they would find some way to get respect from each gym leader and also how that would convince the elite four that they should be able to go into the cave! I love this.
2,249 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »