Reviews for For the want of a nail the shoe was lost
Leyna chapter 4 . 9/15/2009

Oh good golly, what an update! You made the backstory so perfectly detailed, again I love the way you work the situation/tone. Arthur isn't cruel, just thoughtless...which doesn't make it in any way better, but it does keep it perfectly in character. Which makes it even more painful to read (she says, as she's glued to the screen).

Wonderful update!
psyc chapter 4 . 9/15/2009
Come on Arthur! Just admit care!
psyc chapter 2 . 9/15/2009
Another nice chapter. Again, your visuals are nice. I'm a visual creature myself and can really picture your scenes, Merlin huddled up, Arthur's worried mug :)
psyc chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
I can totally picture these two, especially the banter at the end, nice job!
GuardEzio chapter 4 . 9/15/2009
wow two chapters in two days, youre really on a roll aint ya, not to mention is an awsome chapter like always and like usual cant wait for more

...oh and for a change, poor arther
Isis the Sphinx chapter 3 . 9/14/2009
*eyeroll* For heaven's sake, if they REALLY want Merlin to get warm someone has to get in the bed with him. Sitting next to the fire simply isn't going to do it.

Looking forward to more. Keep writing!
Silvertongued Wolf chapter 3 . 9/14/2009
This isn't gonna be a long review, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying your story! I like the way you write, and I'll admit, I also really like angst! Haha... I hope you can keep updating quickly, I'm looking forward to the rest of the story!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 3 . 9/14/2009
Maybe after this Arthur would get the poor better pay or whatever, when he is king?

Anyway, great chapter!
Leyna chapter 3 . 9/14/2009
*happy update dance again!*

Oh poor Gaius, and Arthur, and of course poor Merlin. I was wondering how you'd deal with this conversation, and you balanced the tone beautifully! (worry, regret in Gaius both with how ill Merlin is and a little bit with having to force Arthur to grow up a tinch, conflict in Arthur, poor flustered Gwen!)

I can't wait to see what Arthur is heading off to do...and I'm even more interested to see how he will deal with having pretty much *nothing* to do. Eventually he'll have "fixed" everything he can fix (cloak, wood, food), and he'll be back to standing, helpless, just him and the worry/care/affection/guilt he's trying so hard to ignore. He can't battle away, with a sword and his skill, what is threatening Merlin...

So looking forward to more!
Moi chapter 3 . 9/14/2009
Great story so far...I sense major Arthur-angst building! More please and thank you!
GuardEzio chapter 3 . 9/14/2009
iv'e probaly saaid this twice already, and probaly will many more times before this fic is through -.-;, but poor merlin
AranelLalaith chapter 2 . 9/14/2009
Is merlin gonna be ok?

Pleae update soon, the story is great so far :)

Lalaith xx
writeitloud chapter 2 . 9/13/2009
I really like the plot idea for this.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 2 . 9/11/2009
Interesting. Wonderful friendship fic, so hard to find. Looking forward to more. Keep writing!
Jillie chan chapter 2 . 9/11/2009
Poor Merlin! He's sicker than Arthur's dogs! I'm surprised you gave him pneumonia so quickly. I was sure you were going to give him the flu AND THEN have it turn into pneumonia. But I am enjoying this though! And then poor Gwen going to get wood from Arthur. By the way, I like how you had Arthur default to anger in his worry. Much more in character than others have done with him. So, chapter three is going to be up tomorrow right? See you soon.
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »