Reviews for Alone
T. J. Nightshade chapter 7 . 11/16/2010
Oh, man! I REALY want to know what's going to happen. It's weird because all of the Taxxons are voluntary hosts, but the idea of an involuntary host is interesting. Plus I LOVE Animorphs.
nomadsland chapter 7 . 9/28/2009
Completely missed this update. But it's nice to see some action, and I think you set up the next chapter nicely. There were some minor spelling/grammar errors, but nothing too distracting. I look forward to the next chapter.
Animorph101 chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Wow, I didn't think you would continue this. Anyway, I'm glad you did. Good job.
Moonlightfire89 chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Aw! Come On! When are you Gonna update this? Its soo cool!
nomadsland chapter 5 . 9/17/2009
Hm, more of a filler chapter setting up the events to come. You left a few words in the first paragraph that I assume you meant to say "She could very well be a Controller. Of course..."

I found the long stretches of dialogue confusing at times, especially when you put one character's actions after another character's lines, but I still understood it.

As always, I look forward to the next chapter.
nomadsland chapter 4 . 9/17/2009
And so we meet the mysterious girl. I like how you characterized Luna, especially her visceral reaction to seeing a Taxxon for the first time. I also like how you mentioned Taylor.

Thanks for answering my question. I was just having trouble picturing the scene. Well, as usual, I look forward to the next installment.
Animorph101 chapter 4 . 9/16/2009
You know there's a character named Luna in Harry Potter who's a lot like that. She's different, has one parent, lives near the water, likes strange creatures, people think she's weird, it's all so cool. If anything, I don't like how she doesn't act so scared, I mean she freaks out for about a second, but then she became so calm. It's unatrual. But despite that, good job.
Animorph101 chapter 3 . 9/16/2009
Man, that was close! I had to hide under my desk so that my mom wouldn't see me! Good chapter by the way. I'm with in the disclamer, I also wouldn't have Tom die.
Animorph101 chapter 2 . 9/16/2009
*Gasps* My sister's reading the seventh book! Her name is Rebecca (or "Rainbow princess puppy" as her screen name.) One second-"REBECCA!" She must be sleeping, I'll get her tomarrow or the next day if I can, I think she'll like this story. Wow, I can't believe my mom has caught me yet...wait...what are those footsteps?-Gotta go!
Animorph101 chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
When I read Animorphs, I use to think that I was the only fan today (since it was in the 1990's.) But when my brother's friend Jenna introduced me to fanfiction, I descovered a whole new world, where I can read and write amazing fan stories (like yours.) Most people don't think that Taxxon have feelings, and your story really shows that. I like you writing style, and I'm going to read the next chapter, even though it's really late at night and my mom's going to kill me if she finds me on the computer this late at night (she thinks I'm doing homework.) Oh well, I'll take my chances.
Keiko Reine Frost chapter 4 . 9/16/2009
Good story you got going here. Licentia and Luna both sound like excellent characters, and like Luna's character most definitely. I'm really interested in seeing where this story will lead, so keep writing. :)

C. Jaxx chapter 4 . 9/16/2009
I like both Luna and Licentia, they're interesting characters. You have a nice story going here. .
nomadsland chapter 3 . 9/15/2009
Another intriguing chapter. I'm interested to see where you take this now that Licentia is free. And I can't wait to find out who the girl is.

I do have one question, though it's rather technical. How did Licentia survive the fall? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the books portray Taxxons as rather fragile. In fact, I recall Elfangor's plight as a Taxxon when he was on the Taxxon homeworld and how he couldn't jump without ending up as a pile of blood and guts. I only ask this because you said that Licentia waited until he was over the mountains to let go, which would imply that he was falling from a very high altitude.

Other than that, I enjoyed the chapter and I look foward to reading more.
Ember Nickel chapter 2 . 9/13/2009
This is still a good story, but I'm still confused. When would he have been in communication with Andalites?
AniJen21 chapter 2 . 9/11/2009
This is a really good idea and I'm excited to see where you take it.

A couple of thoughts, though. Feel free to ignore them, but they're just some critiques:

First, no author's notes in the middle of the story. You're building suspense and intrigue in the narrative itself, so don't bother reminding your reader or pointing it out. Let the story speak for itself, and if you REALLY FEEL like you have to address something, do it at the beginning or the end.

lol I was going to gripe that LICENTIA IS NOT THE LATIN FOR FREEDOM b/c I was a huge latin nerd in HS but, lo and behold, it is. I wonder why you didn't choose Libertas, since that one has a lot more obvious derivatives, but...well, never mind.

Anyway, keep it up! I'm excited to see where this goes. I mourn the fact we never got a Taxxon perspective in the series, so I'm excited to see what you do with it!