Reviews for As Night Follows Day
one and only chapter 1 . 8/16/2017
First of all I love Gary Oak , second this is the best fanfiction story I ever read..third I feel so sad for Gary and you really have talent and a bright future ahead of you...please I am looking forward for a sequel...okay ? You are a great writer keep going don't stop once again great work... Love you...
Ominous07 chapter 1 . 8/22/2016
This is so beautiful. I love it so much. I read this once before a while ago and it still gives me the same emotions as then. It's so heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time. It perfectly explains why Gary was always so condescending while keeping him in character. I felt so bad for him because he's strived so hard just to get Ash's attention and Ash is so clueless. I also kinda felt bad for Jared. He was basically in the same situation, no matter how much he tried Gary always loved Ash. I wish you would make a sequel that explains what happens next.
Cherry-San chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
I have read this half a dozen times in the last few days, and I can't even begin to describe how much I love it. All of the references and the angst-this is seriously my gold standard when it comes to characterizing Gary. Thanks for a wonderful read!
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 2/1/2016
Argh! Angst!
Great story. I hope they eventually get together. xD *thumbs up*
TacoNightFury chapter 1 . 11/17/2015
well, I cried
Celaj15 chapter 1 . 6/21/2015
Kinda bittersweet and one-sided. Of course Ash loves you Gary. lol
Stormyneko17 chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Oh god that was so deep. I seriously cried a little bit, like wow I liked this ship before, but now its like my new OTP...you are such an amazing writer, you fit all that time that they knew eachother and all the time skips in between their meetings and you still made it work! You even created Jared! I really hope they end up together even though Ash sounds very clueless to everything that's going on. They're such a cute couple though aren't they? X )
Sylveonimbus chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
I wish fanfiction had bookmarks like AO3 does, so I could pimp this fic out to every Palletshipper and non-shipper ever. Beautiful work!
Soultaker5ds chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Your story was so deep... I hope that Gary gets Ash w I feel so sad for him
Yashal chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
This was amazing. Holy crap. I cried. The feels. I can't piece together a coherent review but jeez, I hope that there's a sequel to this one day xD Beautiful work
Simone chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
D:
no you can't end it there
i am unstable right now
i just cried a little
nonoonono please i need closure
they have to
they have to end up together
I HAD SUCH HOPES
*cries*
shyd1 chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Whoa! The FEELS OF IT ALL!
Now I desperately want a sequel where Gary is happy with his pokemon and then Ash shows up. And then there is love.
Best pokemon story I've ever read.
qfaceq chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Oh my goodness thank you for writing this! I couldn't help but cry... my heart just ached for Gary and the way he felt for Ash! So beautiful... :')
Ninfia VI chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I can't express how impressed I was with this! From opening and the use of the vague "building" to perfectly capture the shame and nervousness Gary felt to the ending and the brilliant comparison of the Pokeball that is "hollow" and "pathetic", submerged in the tossing water that always symbolizes a rough relationship, which reflected Gary's emotional state, this story used advanced literary techniques to reinforce the powerful subject it detailed.
I have no idea who the author, " Annisoptera ", is, but I know that this person definitely has a future in writing. You don't have to be a literature expert to feel the power, beauty, and uniquely effective style this work possessed.
Whenever Gary begins to make regular anime appearances again(He doesn't appear until past BW125), I expect a sequel, because this author has too much ability to waste.
goodbye wonderland chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
God, this was absolutely wonderful. I've recently gotten back into Pokemon, and - by association - Pallet!shipping, and was a great fic to start off on. It's probably the best Gary/Ash fic out there!
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »