Reviews for Held By Hope
Jessica314 chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
I decided to check this one out next because while Edward is and will always be my favorite, I’ve been working a lot on Jasper lately so this drew my eye. I love his emotional narrative, and the devastating counterbalance between his sensitivity and his survival instinct, which in the segment of the vampire world he was created for, must by necessity take the form of ruthlessness. It’s sad how he describes the very pragmatic relationship he had with Maria for a time, but at least it was a level playing field… or so he thought. Her lies kept him a prisoner for so long.

Love that line “I was a vampire, true enough, but that was not all I was.” And it’s sad, but in a lovely way, that for long he wished he could have more than he did. Or less pain, at the very least. Peter and Charlotte’s love was probably the first truly positive, steady emotional environment he had ever found since his change. It was, like he said, the beginning of his healing. What they did for him was certainly one of the most beautiful, selfless acts in all of vampire history.

I love how Jasper is still thinking in terms of North and South. I doubt he cares any more about the political issues that surrounded his human end, but the way of life itself is still ingrained in him. I think he found what he expected in the North, mainly because he wasn’t expecting anything better. Of course if he had cared to try he could have found some beautiful emotional environments to spend his time in, but he’s already depressed and misery loves company.

Aw I love this, how Jasper is so wistful of the hopeful purpose and love that he saw in Peter/Charlotte, and here as he broods over the spirit-emotions in the graveyard. I appreciate the historical bits in here- I always love to see a story that connects the characters just enough to real history. I laughed out loud when I saw Pemberton’s wife’s name was Martha Alice- so similar to Mary Alice lol! I love when those little things match up! (like when I found a couple of high-profile unsolved murders in NYC in 1931… that came in handy for Edward lol!)

I think Jasper is about to become a firm believer in that destiny which has had Alice holding her breath for 28 years. Love the happy ending, and wonderful writing!
SDFanFicChic chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Among the many fanfictions I've read, very few have your beautiful imagery and poetic flow. I'm so glad I found you on here! I was so happy to reread this story! As always a pleasure.
Carla Ray chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Mrs Cope, I loved it. You describe Jasper perfectly and gives us a deeper look at his heart and the man.
Avaerial chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Very beautiful, my dear! Your way with words just absolutely blows me away! Your words are so poignant!

All in all, VERY good job and keep on writing! ;D
katsu3 chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Sweetly Brilliant! I love this background story of how Jasper and Alice finally met. Mrs. Cope-i met you at the Eclipse L.A. Twi Con-i took the photo of you in front of Alice's yellow porsche banner ) and you gave me your FanFiction info. You truly have talent!
BellaTonks chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
It was cute :D
Animphette chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
ONE OF YOUR BEST!
LaViePastiche chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
I LOVED this story. I loved it and that is saying a lot because I rarely every read a story where jasper is with alice - but this contest forced me too and there were some that were so brilliantly written that they just broke down my walls, and this was one :)

brilliant representation of Canonsper and this was definitely high up on my list of favs for the contest.

Thank you for entering!
Littlehaven chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I don't think I have adequate words here - this story is incredible...and your writing is just beyond words...please continue exploring Stephenie's characters Mrs Cope - you have a gift! :o)
Fixed in Forks chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Loved, loved, loved your expansion to this story. You are truly, truly gifted! As I've said, keep 'em comin'!
Fandom Of One chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This is beautiful and somewhat haunting, a touching supposition of those mysterious events that led Jasper and Alice to their fates. I'm such a sucker for whimsy, sentimentality and kismet. *sigh* Great job.
Mambomama chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Well done! You took his backstory and gave it depth. Really liked this one!
Merina Green chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Beautiful story!
sunnydae13 chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Cute thanks!
contygoldbarg chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
i could definetely feel jasper sadness and desperation in this one

very well done!