Reviews for To mask all manner of sins
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Very well done. You didn't pull any punches. Thanks for writing it.
Elanshaw chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I printed your story out awhile back to read.
It was so good, I held onto it. I pulled it out again to read and I still think it is really good.
Then I realized I never reviewed hear goes. very well done..good job! Though I love Jane, I think along the same lines as your story Lisbon does.
ifan13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Ouch! Oh, that hurts! A very brilliant read on Jane's smiles, but still - very painful! It hurts to think of him in that way. I think Lisbon is right here, mostly. I personally am more optimistic when it comes to Jane, but this was a very realistic characterization of him. Good job!
Soundly awake chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
blabbering chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
A very interesting look at the various smiles of Patrick Jane. I think we can establish that I'm a big fan of your writing...I have yet to read a single thing I don't like. I shall soon run out of good things to say! :)
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Someone on Livejournal said Jane "sins with a grin". Never a truer word spoken. And this was a perfect dissection of his various shades of "smile."

And I agree most with your discussion on the more frightening aspects of Jane's smile - some of them are downright feral. Enthralling though they may be, Lisbon would do well to continue to me wary of that man's grin.
Cathartes chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Ooh, interesting, I just went back and reread this - I am really with you here in this interpretation of his character ... although Jane is terribly charming, he is very, very damaged. What else can you expect when your daughter is murdered, I suppose? It's tough to believe that he and Lisbon could work out. She was probably better off with Bosco!
yaba chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
wow, very wonderful prose. I loved Lisbon's reflections and the different facets of Jane's smiles and what he used them for, very nice :)

HQ chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This is very good, well written and you've really got the characters nailed.
CityHunter12 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Wow, great job! I think you got Jane spot on. I also liked how you listed his smiles through Lisbon's perspective, which gave them all meaning. Keep up the good work!
nathansgurl chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Your fic is absolutely haunting. I've never really thought of Jane's smiles being used as some sort of mask or weapon but after reading your story, it makes perfect sense. Wonderful characterization and excellent finish. Bravo!
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Oh... Powerful reading.

Thanks for writing.
Frogster chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
That was good! I like the idea of taking one aspect of a character and building a whole story around it. And while Jane's smiles are positively charming, his whole backstory would make one wonder what his brain is really up to at that moment. And if anyone would notice the variations of Jane's smile, well, it would be Lisbon.

And at the end, it kind of sounds like she's trying to convince herself of something and is failing...

Update soon!
Auraya-of-the-White chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Loved this one shot. I think you captured the many personnas of Jane well especially his dark and twisted side, " gave you a very quick and very uncomfortable view into what might lie beneath in the mind of Patrick Jane...Who casually mentions a gruesome murder and follows it with a joke and a smile?" Exactly, Jane's mind has some truly dark depths which for me makes him such a fascinating character.
Jadestar1981 chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
'To mask all manners of sins' - perfect title for this story. It's very well written. I realized Jane has many smiles but I never really thought about all the different smiles Jane uses as his weapons. But you captured and explained them perfectly. And the last line was just brilliant, gets right to the point. I really enjoyed reading this, thanks!