Reviews for Smart Girl: The Rachel Black Autobiography
JordyR chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Not my usual characters but it was excellent!

Really glad you tried something new :)
Future Writer Girl chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
i liked it verry cute and verry well done!

~FRG
Chellie09 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
O I like this! I like the way you wrote Rachel!

Thank you for writing this from Rachel!
cornflakesnobowl chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
never read a Rachel fic b4! i love when the minor characters such as she gets a bit of spotlight.
mhgood chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
Lovely-very nicely done! I feltlike you perfectly channeled Rachel here-very authentic and believable. Thanks for writing this!
dejaceratops chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
That was AMAZING. Good lord.

There's not enough Rachel/Paul fic out there. [ This was perfect though.
onePushyFox chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Interesting pick and beautifully written. Good luck in the contest! :)
charmizane chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I've never read a Rachel/Paul fic. I really enjoyed reading her side of imprinting and the decisions she makes to be with him.

I hate that she left university for a boy, but you wrote it in a way that didn't make her sound frivolous.
BellaTonks chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Loved it. Very well done. :D
ChloeHeartless x chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
I can tell this is the begining of a fab story.
omnj22 chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
"we were poor, in our Kmart clothes in an Abercrombie & Fitch world."

I laughed so hard when i read this. cutest thing ever. lol. gr8 chpter!
deepicasso chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Hey... Really liked the one-shot. I'm glad you picked Rachel Black as the character to write about. It's something I've wanted to see for a while, stories about the Quileutes and how the non-wolves have been affected by this massive change in their lives. And I like that you made it realistic; even though she wants to, Rachel CAN'T go back to state, because that's the kind of bind she has to Paul, and therefore to La Push. Thanks for the story!
cdunbar chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
That was really good. One of the better characterizations of Rachel Black that I've read. And her having one more year of college made more sense than any of the others where she graduated early since she's most likely around 20 years old.

That's not graduating early, that's getting your associate's degree. Heh

Thanks for writing!
NoMonstersNoMagic chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
I really loved this. :)
moojuicey chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Hi! Thanks for being willing to write in a canon couple! There are so few canon entries at this point :(.

(I'm slogging through writing a Jessica and Mike entry.)

I like that you his on a few class issues when Rachel goes to school, and the dynamic that comes from being of a particular ethnic group. As a whole, this fandom can be quite scared of race, class, and gender issues.

I was missing something, though. I think one of the main issues both sisters had for escaping La Push so quickly was Sarah's death. That house was small, and filled with memories of their mother (and their grieving father). Imagine having no choice but spending years in a place that holds little comfort because your *mother* is gone? That's why Rachel never came home-she didn't want to have to see the house with all those memories. I think having a job and taking courses was possibly an excuse not to come home. Rachel may have been all the things you explore: smart, dedicated, driven; she was also a grieving daughter, separated from mother and sister. I wish you'd explored that more.

I also like how detached it felt from the other "Twilight" events-it really made me realize how peripheral Rachel's character was, despite her role in the wolf pack.

Nice job! Good luck!