Reviews for Mission
cuthalion chapter 9 . 11/7/2009
Sorry for the long break - my goodness, this is getting nasty. And still I'm not surprised how easy it is for a real bully to take over and ruin the whole system, even if it was a well-meant one. Only one day until the bombing, isn't it? *waits patiently for the next chapter*

Cúthalion
cuthalion chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
"If the Japs attack here I’ll eat my hat."

And I'll offer the fork and knife he needs to cut that well-deserved meal to digestible pieces! *growls with anger* Poor Nullah!
cuthalion chapter 6 . 10/2/2009
Considering the situation, the japanese air raid may very well have saved Nullah's life - even if it sounds like a particularly bad joke. Poor Brother Frank - torn between the inner voice that tells him more and more clearly what to think - and the work and way of thinking the church and society expect of him. Very good! More soon, please...?
cuthalion chapter 5 . 10/1/2009
Wow. This develops to a small masterpiece (and I don't say things like these easily). I can so see Brother Frank in front of me: embodying the best of Christian faith (and the worst), at the same time honest and loving. No wonder that Nullah opens up to him! And at the same time you don't make that young priest fight the principles of that doubtable school - how could he, given his education, the time he lives in and the vows he has taken?

This rings utterly true, this is wonderfully written, and I love it. Can't wait to see the next chapter - bravo!
RooC chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
You're off to a good start here!
cuthalion chapter 4 . 9/22/2009
Too bad that there's no review yet, and totally inapprehensible to boot. This is a beautifully crafted tale, making great use of a (very) minor character and showing uns his POV of the events on Mission Island. The writing is beneficially mature, you capture the right tone of Brother Frank AND Brother John perfectly well, and I can see that young, idealistic priest we only get a glimpse of in the movie right in front of my inner eye. Please continue, even if the reviews don't come as quickly as they should - and as your fine storytelling would deserve.

I'm relieved that the kids were - when it comes to historical facts - evacuated. Luhrman wreaked havoc with history more than once in his epic, but I forgive him; loving this movie may be a guilty pleasure, but it's a pleasure nonetheless.:-)