Reviews for A Man In Her Life
AnotherJounin chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Awww.. this is adorable! I have to admit I love the Biggles books but I've barely ever thought of Mrs. Symes! I love how the lads are her family, the men in her life! This is very sweet!
Gismo chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
This was a lovely story, truly it was! I loved reading this view of our favourite characters through the eyes of the woman who cares for their household.

I just loved your idea of Ginger and the cookies. Isn't he just the polite little boy, only munching them while talking to Mrs. Symes? That's not the only thing I liked about this story, just a highlight that stood out to me. I think you've done a great job to keep the characters in character while writing from another point of view. Well done!

On grammar and spelling: not much to be said here that hasn't been said already by other reviewers. Considering that this story is from over a year back, I can't wait to read the story you posted this year in the Biggles section. You've shown great improvement here already, compared to 'The Power of Coincidence'. And, since you have someone to help you with this, it will no doubt have improved only more.

Well, I'm slowly working my way through the Biggles stories out here, and rest assured, I will be reading your other stories sooner or later. Thank you for writing this lovely piece!
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
always nice to look at old favourite characters from a different viewpoint. ginger of course held an eqivocal position in terms of age; the childless woman sees him at first as a child though at that time a boy or girl would go out to work at fourteen, the age of school leaving was not raised to 15 until january 1946.

slight grammar criticism! it's a little hard to read because of you using 'to' when you mean 'too' though as it's a consistent error one gets used to it.

thanks for poking around in a less often seen part of our friends' lives!
Vinsmouse chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Awww, sweet story. I like being given a sort of outside view of the characters. Take care,

Mouse
Gumtree chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
good
CaptainPixie chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I really enjoyed that little snippet :)

I've never read any of the books I have to confess. I was a child of the 80's so I only knew the movie but recently I've wanted to read up on Biggles and the gang so am currently buying up amazon's stoke of Biggles book's :)
davela chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
An interesting premise. What great insight into Mrs Symes who's always been there! I really enjoyed it. Thank you.
003chan chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Well done! I enjoyed reading it :)