Reviews for Hypothesis
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
This is a curious story that you have written. Perhaps a slight lack of detail? Anywho, it was interesting to read and I liked it no matter what.
AnaFlowersofMoon chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Gaaah, that's so adorable! I think I died from it!

Kidding. But really, that was so cool. I liked how it was writen like a dialogue, to be honest I haven't read many one-shots in this style and you manage to put such emotion in this (without letting the characters be OOC). Just perfect and, as I said before, points for your because although Pai is my favorite alien, I must say it's HELL to write him in love and still in character!

I loved this! Like, A LOT!
sundayguts chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
him in charecter,and you kept he in charecter as it.
ginny7777 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
oh wow, that's super nerdy cute! *smiles*
Fireflies Glow chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Hi, Saba-chan!

It's abstract, uses an oh so incredible format, and I love this. Let me repeat that: I really, really love this. Definitely one of your absolute bests.

Why? It's perfectly in character. Generally, when it comes to you, they usually are. I mean, you really know how to make everything work. But this was especially amazing, and I couldn't help but smile and feel for the characters when I was reading this.

I don't know how you manged to convey so much emotion in so little words. This is practically poetry. Plus, the way you had them switch off (and then the ending together) was very clever and creative.

Just to let you know, I've given up for setting expectations for you. That's a very good thing. It means you're constantly getting better every time I read something of yours. Honestly, I think that there is not anything you can't do right now!

Favorites and very detailed reasons on why:

[Hypothesis]

Yes. It's the title. I know. But it perfectly sums this up. I've seen the whole scientific or mathematical concepts when it comes to Pai, but somehow you've brought it to a whole new level.

[Dreamers do not survive on my planet. It is even impossible for you to dream of me.]

Oh my gosh. Pai is so in character. Pai is so incredible. Pai is so... Dang, you've written this as if it's actually in Tokyo Mew Mew! Plus, it reminds me of that one line. Doesn't he at one point say something along the lines of "Perhaps it is time for me to dream as well?"

[I calculate why my heart is beating again, yet there is hardly any proof to support my conclusion.]

Once again, I bring up the whole scientific thing. I love how you phrased this with "calculate" and "no proof to support my conclusion." In science, every year we go over this kind of stuff and it's so interesting to actually see it applied. And used it words.

[Soldiers have to be passionate about what they're fighting for, yet my heart is frozen because of it.

The feeling I search for no longer lives there.]

You imply that he's searching for love. That it's something he's once had, but lost. It's so powerful, just in that one little part. And then with the fighting... You need a belief to fight. Or you should have one. With Pai saying it's what froze him, it's really cute deep.

[Life is love. Love is life.]

Honest to gosh, that's my motto. Not lying. Having Retasu say it to Pai, is just so empowering. Then again, this whole peace is empowering.

[Can I love you?]

Four words. Four simple words that make all the difference. This is why you are one of my ultimate favorite writers.

That was beautiful, Saba-chan. Absolutely beautiful!

~ Bunny
True Colours chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
AW!

YESYESYESYESYES!

PAI WAS SO TOTALLY IN CHARACTER!

And I'm really going to stop talking in capitals now...

'Dreamers do not survive on my planet.' Fab line. Stark, conveying perfectly how hardship kills creativity.

'I am a man of science, determined to solve this mystery... but I believe that this is beyond my understanding.' A 'man of science' is he...? This totally shows how Pai sees himself, as a logical, scientific-minded person, and it also conveys his pride and his belief that he is superior to humans and above petty emotions. But now he's found that he can't explain everything scientifically.

It took me by surprise when Lettuce came in, and I like the way that you wrote it, not with speech marks but with the little xs. I could almost imagine that they were speaking telepathically. Every line was poignant, every line left ripples...

This is like developing into my own little fanfiction here...

And then the way they talked to each other was fab. Pai cold and looking down on her, but finding himself increasingly drawn in - shown in the line 'like the way my heart is beating rapidly at the moment?' Another of my absolute favourite lines, Pai taking his feelings of love and describign them clinically, true to form - and Lettuce shy yet persistent.

And then they say it together. That was unexpected, so adorable, adn so right.

True
SparkSparta chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Awesome job, Saba-san. Great PaiReta story as always.
Tom's Kickass Soldier Wife chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Aww! So kawaii Sa-chan!

I loved the words you choose at the start, I throught it was Retasu speaking at first then I realized it was Pai.