Reviews for Storm Warning
Gir Crazy chapter 13 . 2/26
Like another reviewer said, I know this fic is ancient, and you probably either have disappeared off this site or consider this an old shame (just speculating from my own experiences with writing even half as old, ha ha), but I GREATLY enjoyed this fic, and it felt like an absolute sin not to say so. Well done on the whole story!
OrangeRust chapter 13 . 10/4/2014
I know this fic is so old it's like an ancient relic and you've probably long disappeared off the face of this site by now, but oh man what a great story. I just had to read it through all in one go!
I'm a person of very few words, but I enjoyed it so much I just wanted to leave my appreciation for this story here anyway! :)
DaOneInDaCorner chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
If it is Gum who did it I'll be surprised, it seems to obvious but then again maybe that's the trick? Maybe your making all the evidence pointing to her doing it is just a way to completely dismiss us from the idea. Or maybe I'm thinking to far into this. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find out soon.
DaOneInDaCorner chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
Gonna say this before I continue but I think it was Tab. I think he's either trying to cover his tracks by helping Gum search for clues, or he's just trying to make it seem like it's her fault by 'helping' prove her innocence. I'm probably wrong and he's gonna die in the next chapter or something along those lines.
namii-san chapter 13 . 8/4/2008
this was amazing! i loved it! it was like i was reading one of thoes drug store murder books, just befor they get a well deserved award, and then they sell a bunch of copies.
icingsugar chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
I really enjoyed this for several reasons.

Of course the plot was amazing and kept me hooked enough that I was up until 2am because I couldn't bear to not find out what happened next.

I especially loved the character of Tab, I thought his character was better in this fic more than any other JGR/JSR fics ive ever read. I especially loved the love scene between him and Gum, i was waiting all the way through to see if anything would happen as they are my fav couple! and I was thrilled when it did. When everyone thought he was dead in the next chapter I was gutted but so relieved when we found out he wasnt.

A seriously great fic! definatly going into my fav list!

I only hope you write another romance fic!

D
nirvana heart chapter 2 . 7/6/2007
Good story! I liked it a lot, but I have to ask you a couple of things.

1: Is Mew an actual character in the game? Because I've never seen her in it.

2: Is Slate and Tab actual characters too? Or are they and Mew just made up?
Bagatelle chapter 13 . 6/10/2007
I realize that this story is utterly ancient (five years, haha), but still, there was no way that I could read all 13 chapters in one sitting and not leave an epic review.

This is one of the greatest fanfictions I've ever read in my life. Everyone was so brilliantly portrayed...the words just painted pictures in my mind. Even your OC was almost as acceptable as one of the main characters to me, which is really saying something. This version of Gum was one I haven't seen before. It was really breathtaking and beautiful, in all honesty. I felt her pain all through, and I really wanted her to pull through in the end.

I prayed so hard that the killer wasn't Tab, lol. I adore Tab and I was so scared when everyone started accusing him. And my jaw literally dropped when Cube dropped the N-bomb on Combo. There were so many tense, unbelieveable moments in this story. It just blew me away. The subtle humor was amazing, too. I especially adored Tab's witty little comments, like "Give the girl a prize". I laughed out loud at those, despite how tense the story was.

I applaud you for pulling off a murder mystery with such flair and power. Everything tied together perfectly in the end. I was so satisfied with the ending...I know I'll probably go back and read this again, someday. You, madam, have earned my utmost respect. You should be proud of yourself for writing something so perfect.
nohmaskofoblivion chapter 13 . 5/9/2007
This fic is so old that I know you probably won't even read this review but I feel like I have to send you one. Sorry if it's a bit rambly.

Even knowing how old this is I had to place it on my favorites list. It was without a doubt one of the best fics, and maybe even the best fic, I have read on this site. I put it up there with A Day In The Life , soul calibur, and Those Who Shake The World, Armored Core, I don't know how everyone else would rate those but I put them at the top of my list of great fics. Now I can add Storm Warning to that list. The way you handle mystery is beautiful

Everything about the story was handled so well it's mind blowing. Though personally you lost me with Coin, I never had a Dreamcast so I only played JSRF, I thought the main characters were extremely well portrayed. I found Gum's situation very reminicent of the O.J. Simpson trial, of course O.J. never looked for evidence to prove his innocence like Gum did. I visualize when I read and it really hurt to have to read about Gum getting the shit beat out of her by her supposed friends.

When Cube blurted out 'nigger' I honestly just skipped over to the next chapter. I love Cube, she's my favorite character, and on top of that in my fic she's in a relationship with Combo... I didn't think I'd be able to get through the rest of that chapter. Of course I was glad that Combo forgave her in the end. I'm black and I know that i'd forgive a friend for saying it, especially if I was on the verge of outting them at the time.

I have to admit I completely hated Soda, I prefer calling him Soda instead of Slate, throughout the story. I was honestly surprised that he wasn't the murderer and was just using Gum to cover it up. And that whole 'i'll make it up to you' crap really pissed me off... i would never forgive someone if they put me through that kind of hell. I honestly didn't think Gum should have been so forgiving... but that's just me I guess.

anyway, great story, great characters and I hope you write something else soon.
yoyo chapter 13 . 3/27/2004
how could u hurt me like that lol. but it was a good story.
111Cube111 chapter 13 . 1/19/2004
O man! Another great story! I loved how you fixed everything up. I mean your work has to be the best on site. I really respect your writing. I wouldn't want to be a burden but if you could give me some pointers in writing I would really appreciate it so! Well anyways congrats on another brilliant fic. This story is SO goin on my favs list!
sashwizzled chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
OK - I read the whole thing, i just totally forgot to review, so I'll do it here! :~cheesy grin~:

I gotta say, you're an excellent Crime/Mystery writer - I'm seriously looking forward to reading the rest of your stuff! I've not actually finished JSRF yet, but at least I understood most of this!
BansheeCat chapter 13 . 8/6/2002
Random stuff... *coughs*

You're good at writing people's thoughts directly after their words, as in what they're really thinking as they speak.

Is it just me, or do you write from Gum's POV a lot (of course, I haven't read many of your stories)? You always have the same portrayal of Mew, Cube, Gum... well, just about everyone. Most of them seem pretty accurate to me, though.

The "I wish you hadn't said that" thing between Tab and Piranha was funny, and so was the way Piranha and Garam were so morbid about the murder.

Whoa... I just... have nothing to say. If you keep writing, I can quit reading Agatha Christie. *shakes head* What can I possibly say?

"And these shoes pinch." That was cute! _

Botan is cool, even though he beat up Yo-Yo. Too bad Gum was so mean to him those couple times.

"I'll go... uhh... rob a vending machine or something." There's another one of those great lines.

Okay... normally I'm good at looking at the grammar/whatever of a story as I read it, but with this one I got too absorbed in the storyline... *blushes* So I guess that's more proof of how good this is.

Anyway, yeah, that was really good. I'm sure you've been told enough. Really, really good... I'm jealous _. That's all I can think of to say. You should try writing another murder mystery... just so long as you kill Beat! *grins evilly* And I'll read "Kell's Story" as soon as I get the time.
Jenova12 chapter 13 . 5/6/2002
Tallulah, that was a good ending to a maginfiscant story! Sorry that I didn't review in such a long time...but I really liked it. (Now, only, if a could read Kell's Story and Time Warp...I'll get to them soon...you hear?)

Well, good job and see ya later!

Jenova12
TheGr8Jazinga chapter 12 . 4/27/2002
Again, another beautiful ending. That's all I have to say.