Reviews for Understandings
Eternal-Night-Ride chapter 3 . 9/21/2010
I remember reading through the Dwayne McDuffie Q&A forums and being disappointed with the answer that Ben and Gwen don't have the connection to be almost as close as siblings. It contradicted my interpretation of how close they were and that still remains through what I see in the series.

The thing is, this fanfic's look at their interaction makes me feel like it did exactly how I view that connection. That playful teasing and mocking; how easy it is for Ben to just drop over Gwen's place to get a sandwich; the pillow fight - all those hints of how close they are. It's so cute and adorable. There's just nothing better than seeing a story based on familial relationships. After all, Genfic is too undervalued in this site. Not to mention, this has such polished grammar and spelling. One small critique is that certain dialogue placed with the reaction of the other character made it a bit confusing who exactly was speaking. Other than that, it was a wonderful and satifying chapter. Couldn't have asked for anything better.
Eternal-Night-Ride chapter 2 . 2/23/2010
You updated! And the update is amazing. Though this seems to be a perfect resolution to the events of 'In Charm's Way', the episode 'Time Heals' make it seem as though Kevin has a particularly horrible memory. Or maybe it's just his insecurity acting up. Gwen and Kevin were in character, I believe. You captured that tendency of theirs to have explosive conversations because they both seem to own too much pride. Love the interaction. And I can't wait for your next one. I'm intrigued with how you'll handle the cousins. :D
Eternal-Night-Ride chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This story is so underloved. While I have very little to say on this review, that's partially because I concentrate on critique whenever I do. Nonetheless, any mistakes that were committed in the story were minor, possibly just spelling errors that one can't help but make when you type quickly.

I love the interaction between Ben and Julie. You've shown a story where it isn't just sunshine and rainbows when it comes to this pairing. I finally saw the well-written angsty Benlie I was constantly searching for. Thank you.
Kisdota-The Freak Gamer chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
OK this was excelent, thank you for not being one of the people who like yaoi and/or incenst. And the only reason I'm not writing in cap's like I normally do is so you can get an indication of when I'm begging with screams, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT LEAVE IT HERE, MAKE IT A BUNCH OF CHAPS, THEIR'S ONLY THREE OR FOUR OF US ON THIS SITE WHO ACTUALLY SUPPORT BENLIE ENOUGH TO WRITE FANFICS, WE NEED YOU,
RoeBoat chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
I definitely agree with your perceptions of the season premiere- if that's the way this season's going to go, then they can count me out. Ben was a total ass the whole time.

Anyway, about the story... I love Ben!Angst and Hurt!Ben, and I wish the series had a bit more of that. I also don't hate Julie nearly as much as most of the people around this site do, so kudos to you for making her likable and not too sappy.

Overall, very good- I like the way you portray the characters.

Great job!