Reviews for If William Shakespeare had written Advent Children
Guest chapter 3 . 8/9/2014
Great idea! :D I like it a lot! :)
VanillaBeanHeart chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I know I only just read the first act but can I just throw a giant, blooming rose bush at your feet? I mean, really! Just, WOW! xD
I almost can't even pick a favorite line, but I think Reno's quote upon seeing Cloud is the best so far. (It's not only hilarious as it is, but you even managed to work in "zo-to", which is pretty rare to see people use as far as I've seen.) Overall, methinks the terminology and pacing is very believeable and I could absolutely picture an actual performance of this. It's incredibly entertaining to read so good job on it!

-VanillaBeanHearts-
MidnightAngel1095 chapter 3 . 6/23/2013
WOW! :O
amechan87 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Hahahahahahahaha! This is crazy!
tomorrow4eva chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
It wouldn't be shakespeare without the innuendos, would it? I really like the different plays that get referenced. Cloud is totally Hamlet. I love Aerith's revenge.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Ha! Well done.
Haruna Pan chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Wow it must have been difficult to make things rime so... very dramatic and poetic. I like it!
Blood-Sucker-1428 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Ahhhhh! I'm a drama major at uni so all I can say is I LOVE THIS! I have to read it out loud, the best way to read Shakespeare, because it flows just like it should! Being a video game nerd and a drama nerd this is just amazing. Seriously. I'm usually more... understandable and less fangirlish in my reveiws but I can't help it when you combine two things I love so much :P.
SkyeRockette chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
HAHAHA oh goodness, this is hilarious! I love Reno's lines XD And Clouds! And that bit where Tifa was on the phone was priceless! How Reno kept adding 'yo' and 'zo tu' was just awesome :D And the fact that he kept warning people about their lines.. gah! :) Good job!
inditer chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Lol, you had me at this:

"Fair is foul and foul is fair

But it's never a bad thing

To have pretty hair."
x-YaoiWolf-x chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
Not sure if you'll continue this, most likely not since it's been a while, but I hope you do. I love it. Especially 'cause I get all the jokes. I love how you adapted certain lines and soliloquis to fit the character and story. lots of hearts for RufusxKadaj. Much more to like about this fic but I won't list it all.

Regardless, if you continue it or not, just want to say that this is wonderful. Thanks for writing it :3

-Much Love-

YaoiWolf
Woodster chapter 3 . 12/7/2011
If I could write a dazzling review telling you just how brilliant this fic is, I would but I think you'd get bored half way through and wander off. So the next best compliment I could give is this:

If we studied this at school, I wouldn't have complained as much and I'd have handed my homework in on time. I'd enjoy Shakespeare a great deal more now. D

I shall sing your praises and direct everyone here instead.
IdesofMay chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
Hi there! You recently reviewed my story Two years, fifteen days, so I went to your profile and got this wonderful surprise! First off, I love the concept at all. Strangely, the occasional WTF-ery of Advent Children and of Shakespeare's plays go incredibly well together. But even beyond the awesome concept, your execution is fabulous. Pretty much all my favorite parts relate to the Turks in some way, starting with your elaboration on Tifa's greeting to Reno

The red-haired sexy slob, the one who dropped

The seventh plate of Midgar on the slums

And wiped out countless innocent dear souls

And crushed my bar, my friends, my joy, my home.

How you been doin'? Cloud? No, he's not here.

Rude's creative use of ellipses made me laugh. Followed by Reno ending his brief introspection with

I only ever followed orders, yo.

Also, for some reason the stage direction "Kadaj danceth" has made me laugh several times since reading it. But of course, the best part is Vincent's off-screen explanation of the origin of the remnants, followed by

You're well informed. Thank you,

Vincent, for that thorough explanation.

It all makes perfect sense now.

It seems clear that you love both the canons you are working with, but are aware enough of them to poke fun at their weaknesses without being a biting satire. That's what makes this so fun to read!

I read on your profile you are also thinking of doing Jane Austen versions of the date scenes. I will look forward to that!

I'm afraid it's not as high-quality a review as you gave me, but I really enjoyed this - great job!
britt chapter 3 . 4/27/2011
This my friend is awesome! I cant wait for the scene before reno and rude fights yazoo and loz... That is going to be hilarious! Really liking the kadaj/rufus. Good job
Petal Dust chapter 3 . 4/5/2011
I adore this! It's so well-written. You had me laughing out loud multiple times. xD I love in Act I when Cloud says "Gnawing on my shackled, sinful heart, / Yet still I – Oh, I have a message." And also Reno's little "yo" inputs. And many other things.

It's also often very beautiful, and I can tell was a lot of work. Great job! )