Reviews for Collateral Damage
The Mighty One chapter 29 . 7/7/2010
Holy Smokes! :-O Wow, so sad, so deep, so heart-felt. Everything about this update continues to build momentioum, a very emotinal tale you have. I, I can say many things, but thanks, there is not enough thanks in the whole world for how captivating that you, the writer continualy make this story. ;-D

From Beast Boy making his last talk with the Beast, then from waking to find Will. Quiet a powerful descussion once more.

;-) Then, how Cyborg and Starfire came into the scene. Whoa, how they finnaly get to see Beast Boy, and are shcked that he's alive, only to have him tell them, he is dying. :-O So very descriptive and emotinal. Beast Boy sure has been through quite an adventure, as they all have, but how the changeling asked for Cyborg and Starfire to stay the Teen Titans, really gave me a happy feeling. :-D How Robin did pay a price for his faults was also strong too, he suffered and met his own fate, for his own dark deed. Carma did kick in I guess.

Then, to have Raven meet Garfield's Beast was also very interesting. Now that the Empath and the changeling are comming to terms finally, they Kissed! Alright! But then, how Garfield didn't want her to risk anything further, to try and save him. :-( Wow, super sad, and Rae has already done so much too.

So, I guess Slade truly did kick the bucket then. Well, he is done, the city is saved, the Titans are reunited with Beast Boy, Raven and Beast Boy are comming to terms with their inner feelings finally, but at a terrible cost of Beast Boy's life. Wow, indeed, you have captured my heart with much agony over Garfield's suffering, truly touching it is.

Where Robin shall fall now, I know not. Deep pain is sure to befall the Titans, over everything that has transpired. You do leave things off, for Garfield meeting his parents, for the darkness of the Beast ending, so, this story continues to leave quiet the impression. It may be sad, but it's oh, so very, VERY good. Clearly you do a marvoulus job, on making the story roll.

*Deep Sigh* I guess, the next chapter shall be it then. :-( Wow, I never read a story more encaptivating than Collateral Damage, which you have so brilliantly sculpted, painted, wrote, and crafted out. Wow, I'm just held in simple amazement always in how powerful this story truly is. Great work. :-D

The Mighty One chapter 28 . 7/6/2010
WOW! Another chapter under my belt, and I'm now; that much closer to finishing this AMWAZINGLY Awesome, Bedazzeling, Captivating, entrancing, mesmorizing, and, and, simply I am running out of word Novus. I'm just bamboozled, stumped, shocked, engrossed, hopeful, fearful, overjoyed and deeply saddened, while super happy to still be reading! :-D ;-) :-)

Great way to continue this story, on this update picking up with Cyborg and Starfire's conversation. WOW! Quiet a talk they had, where the depth, detail of their words, their inner struggles to comming to terms still. How everything went, then you brought Will into the scene once more. Nice. :-D I think we may see Rabecca in the reccoperating room as well.

I deeply enjoyed reading how Beast Boy talked with The Beast. O.M.G! Super awesome idea, and how Garfield watched, as his parents met their fate, being carried under the water from the boat, capsizing. Simple brilliantness. More over, did you do a splendid job on Raven, being Beast Boy's beloved. The Beast Knows! Wow, I'm still facinated with how that whole scene played out.

~~"My apologies, Garfield." It spoke with uncharacteristic diffidence, "I am not all-seeing and cannot know the future." It walked ahead a few steps before pausing, "Fate has reasons that reason knows nothing of…"~~

WOW! AWESOME line, truly Beast Boy's inner self, is quiet the one to leave a confusing riddle now, isn't he? ;-) Great idea on that part.

The part with Starfire following Will, was just super detailed, very well and awesome in oh, so many ways. From the helicopptor pad, to the elivator iteslf, then how Starfire came upon Raven. Simply put, you sure draw a wonderful, colorful, and truly powerful story out! Never loosing your touch ever, and always emboldening your work. I felt very sorry for Starfire, a she weeped b the bed, her emotions just came out finally, she could no longer hold back the tears. Truly capturung the essance of Starfire's softness.

I also enjoyed how Cyborg was waiting for the press. How everything looked dead to him, and what could he do now? Everything seemed to have a repeating feel, that Will was dismayed about keeping more infromation held back, of Beast Boy's deeper state of late, of Starfire feeling helpless, and of Cyborg also feeling like he failed, time and time over like he has before. Then, how he drew onto the detonator itself, finding the trail to the drain-line, under the Jump City streets. That part on him talking about glad that it wasn't a sewer line at least, and why he always had to go to the underground of Jump. X-D Truly capturing the essance of the tin-man, bringing in a funny mood for a time. ;-)

When Cyborg came upon the explosives finally, just wow is right. :-O He was taken aback right away, you drew it out beautifully. More so, once again the whole deal with the press soon afterwards was even more gripping to read. ;-)

~~He fell silent, staring mindlessly at the crowd, entangled in his thoughts. He knew what he had to do: Protect the Titan's image at all costs. Yet, he knew that doing so was more than simple damage control—it was insidious. If he followed through with the ruse, what sort of precarious precedent would be set? Would it become acceptable for them to deceive the public if it was for the 'greater good?' If so, where would the line be drawn? What was to stop them from abusing their authority and the citizen's trust, thus becoming more like the villains they so ardently maligned? Then, there was what he wanted to do: Tell the unadulterated truth. Doing so, however, was just as risky as lying. How would the public view such a close call? Would they be relieved that certain death was abated, or would they be alarmed that their trusted heroes were fallible? Could the Titans recover from such a blow?

Cyborg took a deep breath, steadying his thoughts and gathering his courage. He swallowed hard and began to approach the huddled throng, guided by his conscience and conjecture.

He was not as fortunate. The city was safe, yes, but his friends—his family—was in shambles. He cleared his throat, gaining their attention, and began to speak:

"The city has survived this ordeal…Slade has not. He succumbed to injuries he sustained in battle. I'm here to tell you that there is one person solely responsible for saving us all and for bringing a madman to justice…"~~

Oh whoazas Novus! Truly having the exact questions in my mind the whole time, rattling around within the titans chief technilogical expert. the best part of this whole update though, was how Cyborg defended Beast Boy, and even Robin a little. :-D

What I did NOT expect, was for Slade to actualy perish. Well, I guess he had to go, may as well have been here. Whoa, Beast Boy did the impossible, or at least The Beast allowed him to. Truly a dark side for Beast Boy. I still have my doubts on Slade being completly dead. Great tool you have, as the masked deciever, is bound to keep me hooked in questions untill the very end also. ;-D

GREAT Update Novus! I'm still here, still reading into the ending chapters. With luck, I should be able to get them all done. ;-) I just love your work, so bold, captivating, and emerces all of my sences into simple wonder. I just hope Inner Demons can do that for you. I try my best, as always I strive to do better.

Renting chapter 31 . 7/6/2010
The war is won. Slade is dead. The city is saved. But at the price of the most courageous hero to ever exist.

I am flat out bawling. Tears, runny nose, the works. Never have I cried because of a fan fiction before. And rarely have I ever been moved by one. In these last chapters, all these details, all this plot; this truly is a beautiful disaster of a story that makes you think about how much people will sacrifice for the greater good and how, even if the end is no fairy tale, it's still all worth it and you just have to keep hope.

The best was the Rae/BB scene. So short and no flat out 'I love you's', but so, so touching. I wish BB didn't have to die. But I'm happy he at least got to say goodbye to his true friends and admit his feelings to Raven. Seeing him smile until the end, his bravery, his hope... it makes ME want to be a better person, to be my own hero. And I hope I can be.

Thank you, Novus. Thank you for writing this story. Thank you for the shout out on the Thanks list. And thank you for touching my heart in the way you did.

Finishing this off, I only have one more thing to say; do not worry, Raven. BB may be dead, but he's not gone. One lifetime is all it takes; you'll see him again someday. And when you do, nothing will split you apart ever again.

-R
titanfan45 chapter 28 . 7/6/2010
Great job with the press. You made great use of Will in this chapter.
titanfan45 chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
I can see why you took so long to get this posted. Cyborg's argument is flawless, even Starfire had to admit that much.
The Mighty One chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
OH MY GOD! THANK YOU so much for bringing the conclusion back into the works! You had me on the edge for quiet a while, now we can see how things continue to conclude from here. Thank you Novus, the Crossroads chapter truly was mind-toppling, as they all are! :-D :-D

Nice work with Raven finally comming upon Beast Boy within the Vault. You held me in suspence, with every word and description on the update, just engrossing to read, and I couldn't and can't stop! You have me hooked as you have. ;-)

Slade talking on the whole series of events, to Cyborg and Starfire in the vault with the wounded changeling, as Robin was outside their location, also deeply wounded. Nice idea for Raven touching Beast Boy once more, and seeing just what Slade had done to her beloved. The idea with her loosing her emotions, the lightbubls shattering, the canisters in the room flailing, and how the darkness was seeping out of her, as Starfire was the one who calmed her down. You brought the idea of the Empath's love for the Changeling, to calm her down, for Starfire to bring Rae back to the present, WOW! :-D

Slade slowly talking, he may seem dead, but, I don't think we've seen the end of him. I have a funny feeling, that he'll make his escape in the mourge of the hospital. But wow, how he and Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire talked in the vault, just pure geniousness Novus! ;-D

The hospital scene was just what I was hoping to have read. You crafted that whole scene with the hospital staff, the security guards, and the nosey other patiens, pulling out their flip phones. :-D Capturing the scene even stronger, with it starting out a dull night, then out of the blue... BAM! Raven's shadow sphere appears, with Cyborg holding Beast Boy, Starfire holding Robin, and Slade off to the side. Nice. ;-D

So, the head of Jump City Central is back in the picture. ;-) Well, everything continues to build, and with Starfire and Cyborg's discussion talking about how can things turn good? Seriously, I am ever more poised and deeply engrossed, so much more than before, to uncover how things turn out.

I hope Starfire and Robin stay together, as a couple. I hope Beast Boy and Robin are okay, that Raven and Beast Boy tell the whole deal, to calm the situation down.

One thing for sure though, things are bound to be interesting when Robin re-akwakens. As the same for Beast Boy and Raven next to him in their own hospital beds too.

All-in-all, GREAT CHAPTER! :-D Onto the next one.

AkumaKami64 chapter 31 . 7/6/2010
Well, the end we've all been waiting for and dreading in numerous was. Novus, I'll be honest, I don't usually read tragedies, but I will say this. I have never found a story with as much dedication, work, and realism into it as this.

I originally started reading this hoping to help and inspire a fellow author just starting a grand story. Instead, I've been inspired. You have a rare talent as an author. Don't waste it, but don't make it a job or you'll lose all the enjoyment in it.

I wish you luck with all future works and hope I can be of assistance should you ever need it.

Novus Ordo Seclrum, I salute you.

You Fellow Writer

AkumaKami64
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
Alright! The finale at last! All 5 glorious chapters! And I only have time for 1 of them tonight. At least I know what I'll be doing at lunchtime tomorrow.

Things are looking rather grim for the grass stain. Raven put her own wellbeing on the line to get him to the hospital. Will it be enough?

And poor Starfire, coming to terms with the fact that there is something terribly wrong with her beloved. Will love overcome?

And Cyborg, feeling remorese and regret (as he always does) for nor being all knowing.

And of course Slade having what he believes is the last laugh. At least it will be his last laugh.
bk00 chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
I gotta review after that, I just have to N.o.S this is really beautiful, definitely worth a reread when I'm done! I think the funniest part (despite this dire situation) was with Doctor Sinclair. It was kind of funny to see them put in there place!
Hinn-Raven chapter 30 . 7/6/2010
This was... amazing. That's all I can say. These last few chapters have had me in tears, and it's been a good long while since I've felt this attached to a writer's style.

This story was inspiring, and, in all honesty, was a major contribution in my conversion to the Beast Boy and Raven shipping. It's weird how a story like this, which is both a romance and a tragedy, can really affect a shippers heart. This epic drama now has a spot reserved in my heart, one that I can dwell on always. This has been an amazing ride, and I'm glad I hopped on. I only regret I didn't do so sooner, but I guess nothing's perfect.

Now I'm going to bed (just got off an airplane, I really should get some rest, but this story beckoned,) and tomorrow I'll have to review the other chapters.

Once again, you've out done yourself!

Hinn-Raven
Raven2k8 chapter 26 . 6/28/2010
Yeah okay so I might be uhm well 2 months late hehe but yeah what's not to love about this chapter, you know besides the cliffhanger! Lol anyway I loved the raw emotion Beast Boy had. "Raw emotion" is Raven2k8's way of saying pure anger, rage and pain that you have perfected in this chapter. I really am anxious to find out what Raven will find and what occured batween Beast Boy and Slade but I I'll just have to wait to see!

Please update soon! Peace ;)
Autumnchronicles chapter 26 . 6/9/2010
Epicness! This is a great story so far; I really hope you can finish it soon. The plot is well composed and the character struggles and conflicts are fresh and exciting. Thanks for writing this! :)
FlamingSky chapter 26 . 6/8/2010
Ohmygoodness. YOU HAVE TO UPDATE! I just spent hours upon hours to read this story only to reach this horrible cliffhanger! Please update soon! I need to know the ending to this awesome story!
ThePerson chapter 26 . 6/5/2010
...

Please?
Raindrop Lullaby chapter 26 . 5/14/2010
Dear Novus Ordo Seclorum,

First off, let me say this: I love you.

Now, let me back up a bit and explain.

I honestly have never read a better, more well-written Teen Titans Fan Fiction piece in my entire life. And I have read ALOT of Fan Fiction.

You're writing is absolutely fantastic and this story is simply amazing. I don't know when or how all this wonderful creativity came to be, but it is wonderful.

When I first started reading this, I didn't stop reading for 10 hours. I stayed up all night (on a school night, nonetheless) just to read this, & when I didn't finish it then, as soon as I got home from school, I went straight back to the computer.

And now, to make an insanely long story only moderately long, it is quite frankly KILLING me, having to wait for the next chapter.

So now, I beg of you! Please, for the love of all that is holy in this world, continue as soon as humanly possible.

Thank you for this magnificent masterpiece,

-Raindrop Lullaby (Shannon)