Reviews for Collateral Damage
Renting chapter 31 . 7/6/2010
The war is won. Slade is dead. The city is saved. But at the price of the most courageous hero to ever exist.

I am flat out bawling. Tears, runny nose, the works. Never have I cried because of a fan fiction before. And rarely have I ever been moved by one. In these last chapters, all these details, all this plot; this truly is a beautiful disaster of a story that makes you think about how much people will sacrifice for the greater good and how, even if the end is no fairy tale, it's still all worth it and you just have to keep hope.

The best was the Rae/BB scene. So short and no flat out 'I love you's', but so, so touching. I wish BB didn't have to die. But I'm happy he at least got to say goodbye to his true friends and admit his feelings to Raven. Seeing him smile until the end, his bravery, his hope... it makes ME want to be a better person, to be my own hero. And I hope I can be.

Thank you, Novus. Thank you for writing this story. Thank you for the shout out on the Thanks list. And thank you for touching my heart in the way you did.

Finishing this off, I only have one more thing to say; do not worry, Raven. BB may be dead, but he's not gone. One lifetime is all it takes; you'll see him again someday. And when you do, nothing will split you apart ever again.

-R
titanfan45 chapter 28 . 7/6/2010
Great job with the press. You made great use of Will in this chapter.
titanfan45 chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
I can see why you took so long to get this posted. Cyborg's argument is flawless, even Starfire had to admit that much.
The Mighty One chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
OH MY GOD! THANK YOU so much for bringing the conclusion back into the works! You had me on the edge for quiet a while, now we can see how things continue to conclude from here. Thank you Novus, the Crossroads chapter truly was mind-toppling, as they all are! :-D :-D

Nice work with Raven finally comming upon Beast Boy within the Vault. You held me in suspence, with every word and description on the update, just engrossing to read, and I couldn't and can't stop! You have me hooked as you have. ;-)

Slade talking on the whole series of events, to Cyborg and Starfire in the vault with the wounded changeling, as Robin was outside their location, also deeply wounded. Nice idea for Raven touching Beast Boy once more, and seeing just what Slade had done to her beloved. The idea with her loosing her emotions, the lightbubls shattering, the canisters in the room flailing, and how the darkness was seeping out of her, as Starfire was the one who calmed her down. You brought the idea of the Empath's love for the Changeling, to calm her down, for Starfire to bring Rae back to the present, WOW! :-D

Slade slowly talking, he may seem dead, but, I don't think we've seen the end of him. I have a funny feeling, that he'll make his escape in the mourge of the hospital. But wow, how he and Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire talked in the vault, just pure geniousness Novus! ;-D

The hospital scene was just what I was hoping to have read. You crafted that whole scene with the hospital staff, the security guards, and the nosey other patiens, pulling out their flip phones. :-D Capturing the scene even stronger, with it starting out a dull night, then out of the blue... BAM! Raven's shadow sphere appears, with Cyborg holding Beast Boy, Starfire holding Robin, and Slade off to the side. Nice. ;-D

So, the head of Jump City Central is back in the picture. ;-) Well, everything continues to build, and with Starfire and Cyborg's discussion talking about how can things turn good? Seriously, I am ever more poised and deeply engrossed, so much more than before, to uncover how things turn out.

I hope Starfire and Robin stay together, as a couple. I hope Beast Boy and Robin are okay, that Raven and Beast Boy tell the whole deal, to calm the situation down.

One thing for sure though, things are bound to be interesting when Robin re-akwakens. As the same for Beast Boy and Raven next to him in their own hospital beds too.

All-in-all, GREAT CHAPTER! :-D Onto the next one.

~~T.M.O~~
AkumaKami64 chapter 31 . 7/6/2010
Well, the end we've all been waiting for and dreading in numerous was. Novus, I'll be honest, I don't usually read tragedies, but I will say this. I have never found a story with as much dedication, work, and realism into it as this.

I originally started reading this hoping to help and inspire a fellow author just starting a grand story. Instead, I've been inspired. You have a rare talent as an author. Don't waste it, but don't make it a job or you'll lose all the enjoyment in it.

I wish you luck with all future works and hope I can be of assistance should you ever need it.

Novus Ordo Seclrum, I salute you.

You Fellow Writer

AkumaKami64
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
Alright! The finale at last! All 5 glorious chapters! And I only have time for 1 of them tonight. At least I know what I'll be doing at lunchtime tomorrow.

Things are looking rather grim for the grass stain. Raven put her own wellbeing on the line to get him to the hospital. Will it be enough?

And poor Starfire, coming to terms with the fact that there is something terribly wrong with her beloved. Will love overcome?

And Cyborg, feeling remorese and regret (as he always does) for nor being all knowing.

And of course Slade having what he believes is the last laugh. At least it will be his last laugh.
bk00 chapter 27 . 7/6/2010
I gotta review after that, I just have to N.o.S this is really beautiful, definitely worth a reread when I'm done! I think the funniest part (despite this dire situation) was with Doctor Sinclair. It was kind of funny to see them put in there place!
Hinn-Raven chapter 30 . 7/6/2010
This was... amazing. That's all I can say. These last few chapters have had me in tears, and it's been a good long while since I've felt this attached to a writer's style.

This story was inspiring, and, in all honesty, was a major contribution in my conversion to the Beast Boy and Raven shipping. It's weird how a story like this, which is both a romance and a tragedy, can really affect a shippers heart. This epic drama now has a spot reserved in my heart, one that I can dwell on always. This has been an amazing ride, and I'm glad I hopped on. I only regret I didn't do so sooner, but I guess nothing's perfect.

Now I'm going to bed (just got off an airplane, I really should get some rest, but this story beckoned,) and tomorrow I'll have to review the other chapters.

Once again, you've out done yourself!

Hinn-Raven
Raven2k8 chapter 26 . 6/28/2010
Yeah okay so I might be uhm well 2 months late hehe but yeah what's not to love about this chapter, you know besides the cliffhanger! Lol anyway I loved the raw emotion Beast Boy had. "Raw emotion" is Raven2k8's way of saying pure anger, rage and pain that you have perfected in this chapter. I really am anxious to find out what Raven will find and what occured batween Beast Boy and Slade but I I'll just have to wait to see!

Please update soon! Peace ;)
Autumnchronicles chapter 26 . 6/9/2010
Epicness! This is a great story so far; I really hope you can finish it soon. The plot is well composed and the character struggles and conflicts are fresh and exciting. Thanks for writing this! :)
FlamingSky chapter 26 . 6/8/2010
Ohmygoodness. YOU HAVE TO UPDATE! I just spent hours upon hours to read this story only to reach this horrible cliffhanger! Please update soon! I need to know the ending to this awesome story!
ThePerson chapter 26 . 6/5/2010
...

Please?
Raindrop Lullaby chapter 26 . 5/14/2010
Dear Novus Ordo Seclorum,

First off, let me say this: I love you.

Now, let me back up a bit and explain.

I honestly have never read a better, more well-written Teen Titans Fan Fiction piece in my entire life. And I have read ALOT of Fan Fiction.

You're writing is absolutely fantastic and this story is simply amazing. I don't know when or how all this wonderful creativity came to be, but it is wonderful.

When I first started reading this, I didn't stop reading for 10 hours. I stayed up all night (on a school night, nonetheless) just to read this, & when I didn't finish it then, as soon as I got home from school, I went straight back to the computer.

And now, to make an insanely long story only moderately long, it is quite frankly KILLING me, having to wait for the next chapter.

So now, I beg of you! Please, for the love of all that is holy in this world, continue as soon as humanly possible.

Thank you for this magnificent masterpiece,

-Raindrop Lullaby (Shannon)
SkilletFan000 chapter 26 . 5/7/2010
wow...
what to say? That was really good! It took me like, forever to read it though. I was really busy... anyway. Awesome chapter! How will it end? can't wait for the next chapter!

SF-0(x3)
SunnyBunnylove77 chapter 26 . 5/3/2010
The suspense is killing me!
The fight was soo epic! Truly amazing. And again you keep me guessing... I can never predict the outcome of what's to happend next

the next chapter I'm sure will be amazing. :)
564 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »