Reviews for The Phantom, the Pigeon, and the Bush Poodle
Martha chapter 1 . 4/19
Another great story. Really enjoying reading them.
FlaFan chapter 1 . 2/11
Delightful story. Love the Johnny-Chet interaction!
Dinogeek chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
That was such a boss ending. XD And HOLY CRAP HE DOES LOOK LIKE LINCOLN. I have never noticed that before now. This was really good!

marsha chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Love your story i think the poodle was just right as i am a poodle lover, I really love the California Bush Poodle ! LOL
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
These are great! Thank you so much for writing them!
marsha chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Love your story and thing to do with poodles and johnny. But when i watched the show chet always reminded me of a poodle.
starlight guardian chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This is a wonderful that showcases Chet and Johnny's friendship, a wonderful adventure, with a couple of little suprises. Great dialogue and references to the show. Adventurous, lighthearted, and it made me laugh.
VampireFan01 chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Great story! Never realized the resemblance between Cap and Abraham Lincoln before, now whenever I watch E! I'll be weak.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I can't quite pick which particular bit of the story made my laugh harder (as in actually laughing out loud and grateful that I'd recently used the facilities) but it came down to two:

"Wild dogs with fancy haircuts and pink ribbons," Johnny agreed. "You hear about that a lot. The California bush poodle."

...Cap responded, not quite in his talking-to-civilians-at-a-scene voice, which implied the person he was addressing was a reasonably bright five-year-old. Johnny could see where most people would find that tone reassuring in a crisis but he'd always wondered a little why nobody ever seemed to take offense. [snip] At the moment, Cap was speaking as if Mr. Stone was a sensible grownup who understood what was going on-in other words, Cap was talking to him like he was a fireman, too.

both of which leave me laughing every time I read them.

But my actual favorite line in the story was "There were a lot of things Johnny loved about being a fireman. A lot of the time, number one on the list was other firemen." because I think that while that seems a simple throwaway line, it sums up so much of what Gage loves about the Fire Dept.

Awesome story!
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Excellent story, very cute and hilarious! Never noticed the resemblance of Cap to Abraham Lincoln, but now I'll never be able to watch another E! episode without thinking that, LOL! Loved this piece!
AJWSPJS1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
medicgirl chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
California bush poodle... nice! And I had never noticed the resemblance between Cap and Abraham Lincoln, but now that its been pointed out, I don't know how I missed it... chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I really enjoyed this story. Mitzi reminded me of my little 3 1/2 pound toy poodle Buffy. I can picture her going for help if I needed it. She is such a little princess but she might have growled a bit at johnny and chet. She really doesn't like strange men. I can count on one hand the number of men that she doesn't growl at. My brother, my nephew and my Brother in law. All my other nephews she attacks their ankles. Buffy would love going hiking. She and I walk 4 to 5 miles a day. Her favorite place to go is to watch the eagle nest down the street. I have to make sure I keep her close when I'm down there so she doesn't become lunch. Buffy is getting groomed this week so she will have bows on her ears. She is an apriot poodle.

Keep writing I'll keep reading

Dianne chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
That was a great story and the humour in it was outstanding.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Really good! I enjoyed a good laugh reading it, thanks!