Reviews for The Beautiful Tennessee Waltz
Aw, loved this!
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Lovely! :D
Steeldust-01 chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Wow ... This is beautiful!

Excellent written! Thx for sharing!
oodlesofdoodles chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Just have to say that

a) I have rad this fic before and have loved it! (I didn't leave a review-so sue me!:])

b) as I was in my room studying (totally not reading fanfiction!) I heard my dad and his band plating the Tennessee Waltz in the living room below me. I immediately dropped what I was doing and reread your fic while listening to them play the song. Such a great way to reread it!

I love the fic!
7.Saavikam chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Haha, I love that song. Nice.
CheetahLiv chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
This was absolutely gorgeous. I adore this pairing and it's entirely believable that McCoy and Roger knew each other, and that Roger was the one that Jocelyn cheated with. I love how you've written Christine-as being a strong woman who can't help but stay with Roger even though he's being an ass to her, and your McCoy is also spot on-the charming man who's also deeply hurt at his wife's betrayal. And that scene near the end! Hot! Overall, a fabulous piece of writing and I very much enjoyed reading it. :)
Metarie chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
I love this fic. You write them so perfectly. 3
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Awesome fic. Very deft touch with human motivations and back story. Also loved Kirk interrupting Bones and Chapel enjoying their

-Ellie
Miluielwen chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Wow! This was absolutely fantastic. I love your take on the good ship McCoy/Chapel - it's realistic, it's subtle and filled with underlying emotions without being overly dramatic. It feels authentic. Well done indeed!

I particularly like your portrayal of both characters; they're incredibly well rounded and nuanced for what is essentially a oneshot. They're three dimensional humans as opposed to cardboard figures, something I've always appreciated.

McCoy remains a southern gentleman even when hurt and angry, though his motives may have been less than wholesome. The way he speaks is in line with the movie dialogue and not overdone like one sadly tends to see in a lot of fics these days. You illustrate his blend of coarseness and gentility very well.

It is your characterisation of Chapel, however, that I found particularly striking. Though she was a minor character in the TOS, she never really appeared in the new film, something that leaves a lot of space for interpretation. In a situation like this you all too often see characters turned into extremist, unrealistic pawns with Mary Sue like tendencies; with your Chapel, not so. She's smart and tough but flawed all the same. She makes mistakes and has regrets that many can relate to. You manage to give her depth, make her sympathetic and likable all at once, something that's not a small feat in any story, let alone a oneshot. Great job on that one.

Right, I'll stop my rambling now. Suffice it to say I really loved your story and thought it was very well written, if only because the spelling and grammar were entirely sound and it was easy to read without being too elementary. Keep up the good work - I'm off to read some of your other fics now. :)