Reviews for The Fragging
Reader101 chapter 22 . 1/9/2013
*sniff, sniff* Sad story, but good! Thank you for writing it...
Miss Elizabeth Blakeney chapter 22 . 11/19/2010
I...well, I hate to say I enjoyed this story because Kinch dying was horrible but the story itself was well written and an enjoyable read...until it became sad. That however, was well done to. I like the explanation for Kinch leaving and Baker stepping up, though I much prefer thinking Kinch is waiting in the states somewhere for the end of the war to see his friends. But you did a beautiful job as always. Thank you for an exciting read.
Jennaya chapter 22 . 1/3/2010
An excellent story explaining Kinch's disappearance in season 6. I could see this being a missing episode.
sherlockiANNE chapter 22 . 11/16/2009
If you read my profile you'll know that I hate deathfics, but I'll make an exception for this. This was without a doubt the best deathfic I have ever read. It is very difficult to make me tear up, but parts of this did. However, it still didn't leave me with that depressed feeling that most of them give me. Very good story.
Bits And Pieces chapter 22 . 11/11/2009
Good thing Hogan sent the journal to London; now the two men who were falsely accused and executed will at least have their names cleared. I certainly couldn't blame Hogan for being angry when he talked to General Butler, but I think Butler had a point, also. And as far as what Hogan thought at the end, I couldn't agree more! Thanks for including this epilogue; it did help close up the story.
Bits And Pieces chapter 21 . 11/11/2009
Looks like Hogan was having a hard time dealing with Kinch's death, and was keeping everything bottled up inside. I'm glad Carter finally talked to him, and got him to let out some of his grief; I think he needed that. I'm sure they'll all miss Kinch terribly; but they have to go on; they still have a job to do. Very sad, but well written story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Bits And Pieces chapter 20 . 11/11/2009
Hochstetter sure was being cruel to Hogan about Kinch's death. I'm glad General Burkhalter put Hochstetter in his place. The speech that Hogan gave at the funeral was very heart wrenching; Kinch's death obviously hit him hard. At least he has the rest of his men to help him through it.
smithcrafter chapter 22 . 11/11/2009
I know I already told you this, but this story was an excellent explanation for Kinch's absence that last year of the season. Very well done. I do wonder a little, though, about the epilogue.

I can see that scene with Hogan talking to London being the end of the story, but there's something about the wording of the last few lines that just doesn't feel like an ending. It felt too abrupt. It's like you just chose an arbitrary spot and stopped. The scene is a good choice, and that last line of Hogan's is good, but something just doesn't quite feel right, at least to me. I'm not sure of any other way to explain it. Maybe a little more of Hogan's thoughts between the end of the radio conversation and the last line would have helped. It was an excellent story. It's just that when I read that last line and realized that was it, my first thought was, "Huh? That's it? It just cuts off. Is there a paragraph missing here?"

Overall, though, I loved the story. It wasn't a happy story to read, of course, but it sure did a great job filling in that missing info from the series.
El Gringo Loco chapter 22 . 11/10/2009
A short epilogue that ties up the loose ends rather nicely. Thank you. The story just didn't feel complete without it.
Deana chapter 22 . 11/10/2009
Aw, Hogan's right about that, for sure.
El Gringo Loco chapter 21 . 11/10/2009
Having been away for a few days I just finished reading the story. I think Hogan's ruse to cover Milner's disappearance excellent. And I was touched by his eulogy at Kinch's funeral.

I love the way Burkhalter keeps putting Hochstetter in his place.

I'd love to see a short sequel where, at Hogan's insistance, London makes the amends possible for Milner's evil.
Deana chapter 21 . 11/9/2009
*sniff* Wow, sad story, but you did a great job with it! :)
Deana chapter 20 . 11/8/2009
Wow, what a sad chapter! Great job!
Bits And Pieces chapter 19 . 11/7/2009
Looks like Hogan's plan is going to work; good thing Bluebird found out about that Gestapo spy being held in London. I liked how Hogan got Klink to believe the spy was masquerading as Milner. And I think whatever doubts Hogan had in his ability to lead the operation, his men have put them to rest. I hope Hogan doesn't have too much trouble convincing Burkhalter and Hochstetter that Milner was actually that Gestapo spy. So, Kinch's funeral will be in 48 hours...I imagine that's going to be rough. Looking forward to your next update.
smithcrafter chapter 18 . 11/7/2009
I just finished chs 17-18. Excellent job. Very few people have actually addressed Kinch's disappearance from the series. Most seem to ignore it (and pretty much by doing this, they also ignore Baker as a major character). This is by far the most detailed and excellently written piece to do so!You do realize that after you finish this, you need to write a sequel that actually features Baker in some way, don't you? I haven't actually read ANYTHING I can think of that gives him his rightful place as a canon character. Most of the things he appears in just have him as Kinch's relief man. He deserves better than that, I think.