Reviews for The Picture of the Tragic Hero
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 2 . 12/24/2008
This is perfect. Will you ever continue this awesomeness?
CrimsonNoble chapter 2 . 9/16/2007
Holy shit. I read this back when it first came out five years ago. I'm surprised it's been updated again. Is this going to become a full length fic?

I'm kind of surprised by the direction this went, with the crossovers. I like them and all, I just didn't expect the Harry Potter even after the Ranma 1/2.

Anyway, I love this. The tragic hero archetype is awesomely sappy. It's the warm and fuzzy feeling without romance, which is odd, but really cool.
shinji the good sharer chapter 2 . 8/13/2007
Nice, i've been looking forward to this story for a long time.

ikari shinji
who me chapter 2 . 8/12/2007
I find this droll.

I read the first chapter quite some time ago, and had thought of it as complete, just as a one-shot, or perhaps a viginette, 95% NGE with a brief mention of Ranma 1/2 as well, just a brief scene or two of a very different Shinji in a slightly different world. I thought it was a very strong, very self-contained work.

Now I see that you are adding on to it. The first part's mood was serious, even a bit dark. The new chapter is rather more comic, and you've brought in other continuities. I see Harry Potter and, if I am not mistaken, a Megatokyo reference. And if I am a bit puzzled by the shift in mood, nonetheless I intend to continue to read.

And I am always pleased to see new material from you. I am enjoying this very much. Thank you.
gunman chapter 2 . 8/11/2007
This was a great story.

You've got Shinji mastering chi and magical techniques, he and Misato are growing closer and after a battle against JetAlone, and it looks like you've got Shinji and Rei interacting at a more social level.

Misato was actually sweating at the parent/teacher conference, Hikari was jealous (which when concerning Misato is not that unusual,

Though I was a little confused by the whole "I was kidnaped by an enemy of my foster family who wanted to use me as a weapon, was given a magical forced growth treatment and taken backwards and sideways in time, and spent three years fighting him after I escaped."

Hope to see more explanation on this in the next chapter, or later. Good luck with this.

Also, I noticed that you have two chapters and your update took about five years.

Have you been busy with other stories, or have you just been uninterested in finishing this story?

Either way, not a bad story.

Keep up the good work.

Write on!
gunman chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
These 'make Shinji strong' stories are what I like to read.

Making Shinji a soldier is a good thing to read, especially as he is often portrayed as soft and timid.

He took a punch from Suzuhara without flinching, and then tapped him with a pressure point technique that made his arm numb.

The girls are instantly taken by him, Misato is totally in love with him.

I think I missed anything Ritsuko or Maya would have thought about him, or that of his father.

Good work on this.

Write on!
Kamen Rider Eclipse chapter 2 . 8/11/2007
Well you got my interest, I look forward to the next chapter.
Asakura-Arashi chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Wow, interesting, very, very interesting.

I'd like to see where this is going. Keep up the hard work, though I do agree with some people. Five years? Man, if it were me I'd proabaly have already given up on it, but it just goes to show that you take pride in your work. Nice one.

Aroha
Zephyrus-Prime chapter 2 . 8/11/2007
My.

I certain enjoyed all of your HP cameos, especially Umbridge.

And was that a subtle dig at the H/G ship? Surely not. For H/G is sacred, and all infidels shall suffer the wrath of the Almighty Canon should they say otherwise!

Still, I wonder what prompted your sudden decision to return to this fic. Not that it's not welcome or anything, just sudden. Was it the advent of DH? The HP cameos here certainly suggest that.

Either way, I'm looking forwards to the next chapter.

And ignore that arsehole a review or two below me. He is the reason why inbreeding is a no-no and besitality should be outlawed.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Xenocide
Mr. Reviewer chapter 2 . 8/11/2007
*takes of glasses*

My god...

It's been five years, 7 months, and 2 days, but you updated. I gave up hope for this fic a long time ago. I just hope it doesn't take another 5 years for chapter 3 to surface.
Anonymous chapter 2 . 8/11/2007
This was the most fucking piece of shit I've ever read in my entire fanfic life! I hate it, absolutely HATE it! You call yourself a writer, you fucking piece of worthless shit? Well, think again!

Yours sincerely ?

P.S Next time you think about writing, try writing fucking fairytales you fucking prick!
TenWings chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
best story yet!
shinji the good sharer chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
update already! I've been waiting for more for the past 4 years!

ikari shinji
Mindless Tofu chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
moar
Adam Kadmon chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
As a hopeless Shinji fanboy, I approve.

A nice twist on the second volume. Maybe it was the idealized Shinji, maybe it was the style, maybe it was the funny and touching Shinji/Misato moments... I liked it. Though I wonder how Asuka would have interacted with this Shinji...

Nicely done.