Reviews for Miss de Bourgh in Bath
a fan chapter 18 . 12/3/2014
this is a great story. I really liked it and I like how you make sure to not do a happily ever after. It is a great ending. :) and yah that sounds like what lady catherene would do, try to replace Anne with Georgiana.
a fan chapter 2 . 12/2/2014
thanks for the history, research and all the work that went into it. it makes it a good read
Amaleea chapter 18 . 11/1/2014
Perfect Anne story! You characterized her very well. I am glad she got the opportunity to spread her wings in your story and learned how to fly by the end. It's sad that she had to almost completely abandon her relationship with her mother, but there is so much you can take from a controlling person whose best interest is themselves.

Anne's relationship with Theodore is sweet, and I loved that she became closer with Colonel Fitzwilliam. Her interaction with Elizabeth was spot-on as well. I do wish that she became closer to Darcy though by the end.

The one thing that I do wonder is how Colonel Fitzwilliam was able to afford Miss Hart. If he lowered himself like Anne did for love, I could see that happen, but his explanation to Elizabeth about his sad marriage prospects in Kent would seem suspicious. Was it just an excuse or was Elizabeth just not the woman he was willing to sacrifice for? I do think he was my favorite character in this story though. He was kind to Anne from the beginning and even tried to heal the rift between Aunt Catherine and the Darcys. His reaction to the thought of Anne being sad about his engagement was sweet and brotherly as well. Miss Kent married a good man there.

And lastly, your ending was perfect. It wasn't a happily ever after, but a beautiful life lived instead. It was Anne's life of choice. and she made the most of it with Theodore. You could not help but be happy for her in the end.

Wonderful job again, and I will now continue on with your other stories.
pen237 chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
How exciting! I am ready to read through it. Thank you for posting.
Incarnadine chapter 18 . 5/30/2014
Such a charming story! I really like the way that even the descriptive text is written much as Austen would have done. It's definitely a worthy sequel to the original book. I like finding out more about fringe characters too, so I definitely enjoyed reading this.
FuzzyMammoth chapter 18 . 5/19/2014
Great story! Thank you!
Dipper chapter 18 . 11/19/2013
I discovered your stories after reading "Miss Bennets", so it was in quite the reverse order, but I loved both!
Thank you so much for such a wonderful world you created, where these characters become much more interesting!
I will begin shortly your new story and wait impatiently for updates!
xoxo
fantasticferret chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Have only just discovered this and really enjoyed it, fun to read about some of the fringe characters. Off to find your other fics now!
fmlyhntr chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I have really enjoyed your work. I like reading about fringe characters-and I agree, they are also a lot of fun to write about.
fmlyhntr chapter 18 . 9/15/2013
This was delightful. I am glad I discovered your stories. I look forward to reading more. As I don't usually like regency fanfiction, yours are a pleasant surprise. Thank you.
SagaDevotee chapter 18 . 9/13/2013
This was a charming story. I enjoyed every bit of it…ah well, perhaps not so much the wrath of Lady Catherine but most everything else. I am very happy Anne found love and her own happily ever after.
audiblyausten chapter 18 . 9/4/2013
Absolutely lovely story! I love being able to see into Anne's life, and I've always wondered how/who she'd marry. Theodore and the rest of the Harts are fantastic characters. My favorite line is definitely, "Here is one: I am in love with your daughter. Here is another: I am going to marry her. Here is a third: we are going to argue sometimes, and sometimes we are going to grow quite sick of each other's company, but we are never going to stop loving one another. I am good at many things, Lady Catherine, and making Anne smile is one them, and another is making her laugh, and my favorite talent is making her happy." I teared up when I read it! The proposal, too, made my vision go blurry. What a wonderful story! You're a fantastic author!
Fire's Shadow123 chapter 18 . 7/16/2013
This...this...words can not describe how perfect this was. Your writing style was magnificent, the characters were beautifully delevoped, and your plot was thought out extremely well. This was a phemonal story, I enjoyed every second of it!
Lauren Hedgehog chapter 18 . 7/16/2013
This was wonderful! I enjoyed it very much :)
Keira-House M.D chapter 18 . 6/26/2013
A fantastic story. I've never given much thought to Anne de Bourgh - I never disliked her as I did Lady Catherine, but I never thought of her either. This story is realistic, in that Anne does start thinking herself above people like the Harts, but grows over time, and that she and Elizabeth Darcy are not suddenly best friends. The new characters, especially Theodore and Rosamond, are brilliant. I find, in many places, how similar your writing seems to Jane Austen's, more so than in the one published sequel I've read. I look forward to reading about the adventures of Kitty and Mary in Bath.