Reviews for Miss de Bourgh in Bath
konarciq chapter 18 . 2/16
I read this story in its entirety the other day, and all throughout, there was just one thing I knew I had to say in my review.

***This story reads like it's a lost manuscript from the hand of Jane Austen herself.***

Thank you for sharing your fantastic talent with us; I have enjoyed Anne's journey very, very much, and I'll sure be rereading this many many times.
Katy W chapter 18 . 1/18
Thank you for this delightful story.
DJArla chapter 18 . 12/4/2020
This was so fantastic! I had to remind myself this wasn’t Jane Austen writing a new story. I loved the slow build and the way Anne was very logical throughout the story. Amazing
steelneena chapter 18 . 8/4/2020
What an entirely lovely story! Really! And so well characterized! I love it!
Mariposa Noir chapter 18 . 4/4/2020
Supporting characters like Anne have always fascinated me, and it's very rare to find stories that portray her so well. In addition, you managed to create very original characters that fit perfectly with the path that Anne explores. I love how she grows up and becomes a woman capable of making her own decisions. Your writing is impeccable like Jane Austen's, and I really have no words to describe how much I loved your story. Nice job!
liysyl chapter 18 . 2/14/2020
Wow this is an awesome story. I love stories about the minor characters of P&P. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 18 . 1/1/2020
Hermosaa! Beautifully written! Siempre vuelvo a leerla, al menos una vez al año. Gracias por compartirla. Ojalá puedas continuar la historia de Robert y Mary algun día.
KamuNappy chapter 18 . 11/17/2019
i reread this whenever i reread pride and prejudice still my favorite fic ever written!
Guest chapter 18 . 3/6/2019
EXCELLENT! Started earlier today and just finished at 10:33PM! Loved it 3
03/06/2019
PP Paladin chapter 18 . 2/23/2019
I liked “Miss de Bourgh in Bath.” Though, strickly speaking, you don’t need to read it first, I do wish I had read it prior to “The Miss Bennets Set Forth.” For some reason, I have been reading a great deal of P&P fan fic along with a lot of other literature, and Sword Swallower’s contributions to this genre are amongst those at the top of the list of worthy forays into the regency world of Jane Austen. The novel flows. Only one or two places may work better with a rewrite (nothing major), and otherwise, the corrections to be made are in the realm of placing a space between “done” and “it” or noting the word “if” was typed instead of “of.” Congratulations Sword Swallower. It did my heart and mind good to read your work, for it was also restorative - considering the cringe-worthy selections I have tortured myself with of late (smiles). I would read more of your offerings should I be blessed enough to find them.
jessre chapter 18 . 9/3/2018
This is splendid! It was such a pleasure watching Anne's story unfold and her character and relationships develop, that I was almost sorry that it had to come to an end. Beautiful writing and utterly convincing characterization. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this :)
bethanyactually chapter 18 . 6/7/2018
What a beautiful happy ending (happy beginning?) this is for Anne de Bourgh! Thank you for writing and sharing it. :)
bethanyactually chapter 8 . 6/7/2018
I read the first eight chapters of this as quickly as I could, I'm enjoying it so much! It was recced to me by a friend on tumblr, annerbhp (I think she's just annerb on here), bless her. :)

Anyway, I'm gonna keep reading, I just wanted to let you know I'm loving this so far!
Guest chapter 18 . 2/12/2018
For me, this fanfic is a classic! It's perfect in every sense. First, thank you so much for giving voice to Anne, a secondary chatacter that's usually ignored even by P&P fans. Jane Austen's usual structure has become for me a genre in itself and I am always disappointed if one of the next points are missing:
- The Heroine feeling indifference or even resentment towards the Hero when they meet. (The mystery of thinking: Who will be the hero?)
- A Heroine that's wrong in her beliefs and assumptions but grows up and learns.
- A hero who's human and makes mistakes.
- The moment when the heroine realizes she loves the hero - and feels like she has lost him or he is out of her reach.

And your fanfic has every one of these points. The pace is simply great and it never bores! I have grown tired of reading about Elizabeth and Darcy, although I love them, and I wish there were more authors like you who create stories with the JA structure but some original or secobdary characters! Thank you for sharing!
LadyDisdain2014 chapter 18 . 7/1/2017
This was charming. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a lovely surprise to stumble upon, especially since the tone of the writing was so spot on.
275 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »