Reviews for Redemption
Jenny wrens chapter 42 . 5/14/2016
I know that this is a super old story, but I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed reading it. Tim was such an underused character on SeaQuest. Each crew member had such a unique story to tell. I'm glad we have Fanfiction so their life's stories can still be told.
I enjoyed this one.
Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

xo
Jenny Wrens
Jan chapter 42 . 3/20/2016
Satisfying end to a great adventure that feels totally true to season 2. Thanks C F Vici for finally getting Tim way out of his comfort zone and into no end of trouble. We always knew there was a hero hiding in there behind those glasses and you've done a great job exploring his character whilst spinning a gripping tale... I was hooked.
Alice chapter 42 . 9/18/2015
Loved the story. Going through the rest of yours next! :)
Cheile chapter 34 . 5/4/2014
I had to laugh at Wendy's initial reaction at the beginning, first scolding herself for not recognizing the island and then being all impatient with her console taking time to boot. (re: the latter—some things will probly never change, no matter how advanced we get! LOL)

LOL at Maggie calling Daniels and translating since her PAL seems staticky. (Um yea I can imagine the guy's response to her question was something along the line of "hell yes!" lmao)

[Language is not an issue, believe me.] – understatement of the century, heh.

Looks like Miguel is almost having too much fun talking shop with Daniels. And that they found the boys. Yay! Now just gotta go get them. However, things are looking down again with the bad guys tricking the Key West crew and at least one getting away. Crap. But since Maggie's people are already on the way, let's hope that they find our three before the bad guys do! Fingers crossed.

And the next chapter should be fun, heh. Can't wait to see Katie again!
Cheile chapter 33 . 5/4/2014
Okay, you almost made me cry with that talk between Tim and Lucas. Especially with Tim thinking he didn't do anything important (sorry, Tim, I side with Lucas...you did!). Lucas' bit of vehemence there near the end was totally a Lucas moment too and lightened it up in just the right way. (But, seriously, way to sucker punch at the feels.)

I really like the bridge scene, and it's cool to see Jonathan in charge. I like how you show that hint of weirdness he feels over hearing the other officer who's working Tim's station be the one to page Wendy. It is a nice way of showing how our crew is bonded so that something out of the ordinary like that makes everything feel not-quite-right.

It was amusing that they were all so focused on the obvious (nearby surface ships, who to trust, etc) that they didn't even think about who was nearby underwater. Good thing Wendy knows someone close by who is likely to just do what she'll ask of them (and as Jonathan said, can get out of bed at a ridiculous hour to boot! Heh)
Cheile chapter 32 . 4/6/2014
Um wow, I thought I had finished reading/reviewing this one? How did I miss that I hadn't? And I almost went to Hard Time without realizing it to boot. Bad Che, lol.

Ch 30 – Nice for Father Baker to be subtle and pretend he is talking to one of his flock in order to communicate a secret message to Wendy. I like this guy more and more with every chapter.

["Man, what d'ya gotta do these days to make a clean getaway?"] – LOLOL, classic Piccolo.

Like the tension on the bridge and how Wendy is respectful of the bridge crew, keepin outta the way and not interfering with anything, but also helping out when asked with Jonathan's talk with the Key West's captain.

SPAG suggestion:
I wouldn't think there needs to be a dash in "suit up". Just MHO :)

Ch 31 – I can picture Tony wrapped up in all that stuff once he adds the hood and gloves, lol. Though I wonder, if Miguel's programmed Loner to pick up the watches, would it really matter if the watch was inside the glove or not? Given just how far their range is, I would think the WSKRs have enough power to read through a little rubber from someone nearby.

Too cute at how Darwin almost runs Tony over, lol. Probly glad to be out and swimming. Also like the bit about how Darwin's obviously playing a game but Tony's not sure what rules, if any, exist. Very like Darwin, lol.

["WSKRS tracked you to 68 miles, but the signal was still pretty good."] – DAMN, that's a pretty good distance for the first test.

And I still adore Lonnie...probly the only fan who does, but I can't help it. She's sweet.

Ch 32 – interesting that Jonathan finds Captain Johnson too eager to help but then it makes sense that he'd be a little suspicious given what is at stake.

Mary not wanting to be seen on the monitor by Wendy makes me curious, camera-shy or not. Is she hiding something (other than she seems to be crushing on Tim, heh)?

Woohoo, Katie's on the way. I've been waiting to see her show up. And now I wonder what the Clinton looks like/what class it is if they have some sort of jet-copter associated with the ship (especially curious cuz i plan to feature the Clinton in my next project...tho Katie will be XO, not CO.)

:drags self back on track:

Love Father Baker's message. Awesome. A bit surprised that he corrected himself in reference to France, especially since nosy enemies would not be likely to even recognize the ancient name of Gaul, much less know where it refers to.

Poor frozen Tony, lol. I like his worry for Lucas and Wendy's little lecture that he has to grudgingly accept. And I can see the image he'd make that you describe at the end. Too funny.

Hope to continue soon (and not take so long between reviews either)!
Mrs. Owl 09 chapter 42 . 4/4/2014
I can't even start to explain how much I loved this story. Tim cracking after a few minutes under torture always bothered me. The explanation what you used is just perfect. The psi receiver/transmitter is very cool. I love Darwin's "Lucas suit." I can just picture him in it. Tim under the influence of morphine was highly amusing as well. Great great great job. I'll be checking out the rest of your stuff, but it's 2 am and I've been up since 7. Thanks for messing with my bedtime, it was well worth it. :)
Cheile chapter 29 . 11/15/2013
I'm back! Almost getting near the end here, hehe.

Getting more exciting by the chapter. Liking how th guys are tryin to keep themselves goin with a bit of humor, even corny humor. Wendy's friend Mary is interesting an it's a bit amusing how she develops a lil liking for Tim.

Loved the early morning strategy meeting. LOL at Miguel bein slow to wake up...Sounds like me! (I'm SO not a morning person!) And OMG at Overton patronizing Katie...surprised she didn't kill him for that stunt. She probly wanted to, though!

Can't wait to see what happens next.
Cheile chapter 24 . 10/29/2013
Tim to the rescue! But ohh crap, jellyfish. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Poor Lucas!

I like Wendy's interpretation of Jonathan's rigidity. Glad she convinced him in the end to dig deeper into WTF is going on.

[If Lucas had been presented the same itinerary paradox, he'd have been able to figure out who manipulated the data, when, where, and probably what they ate for breakfast.] - this made me giggle so hard I jostled the cat (who is on my lap). She is not pleased with either of us right now ;)

OMG, Overbeck, you lying little #$&. Crashed in Russia, my foot. I really don't like that guy. Good thing Jonathan's already suspicious.

Nathan finding Tim the way he did made me afraid for a split second, lol. Had to remind myself he was just out cold from exhaustion and his rescuing efforts.

Really like the second conversation between Wendy and Jonathan. I've said it before but I'll say it again, your version of her is definitely better than what I have seen thus far of canon (of course I am avoiding a certain episode like the plague...which helps that matter too!)

"Mr. Ortiz, you make sure that the WSKRS don't get hijacked for communication."
Ortiz chuckled. "Lucas isn't here, Commander. I don't think we have anything to worry about in that regard." - [LMAO, true that, Miguel!]

Gonna stop here for the night. Love that the excitement is building as it goes. Whee!
Cheile chapter 21 . 10/6/2013
Holy crap...was not expecting that twist! Good thing Tim's a vegetarian or else they would all be dead. Great drama with the fight and Tim rescuing Nathan and Lucas. Good thing Wendy was able to pick up on Tim's thoughts.

Like th lil moment w Wendy and Tony too. Might read some more before bed so don't be surprised if you find two reviews in a row.
Cheile chapter 16 . 9/28/2013
that was a fun few chapters. i loved Nathan's talk with Lucas and later, Tim and Nathan both cheering Lucas up.

great to see Father Baker again...and that Overbeck guy, what a jerk. sometimes i think Noyce was the only admiral who wasn't a pain in the you know what.

Totally cool that they're taking an antique plane, even if Tim will be a little late. loved the description of its takeoff. had to LOL at Tim asking if the Spirit of St. Louis was gonna be their return craft. loved the references to Ben and Kristin, too!

and yay, i'm nearly halfway through, lol. i will finish this one yet! ;)
Cheile chapter 11 . 9/16/2013
(sneaking a chapter in here...shhh, don't tell my mental homework monitor! ;)

Sounds like Tim is good to go again...travel restrictions revoked and now he gets to go to this linguistics conference. LOL at the mind-scream comment, but a mental wall is always a good thing to have when there's the worry of telepathic criminals out there!

and it looks like Darwin approves of his new wetsuit. :) love the conversation they have with him around it and how they explain that penguins don't wear wetsuits cuz they don't need them, hehe. and how he ends up throwing a wave over everyone. Nathan's last line is brilliant, lol.
Cheile chapter 10 . 9/8/2013
now that i've seen a few season two eps, i can better hear some of the voices in your dialogue, especially Tony's. and like i mentioned to you in RLT, you write Wendy way, way better than the script writers did!

poor Lucas...i haven't seen Siamese Dream yet but ouch :( don't blame Tim for being nervous, either. i would be too!

LOL at Tony's response to Wendy asking him if he wants to explore his psychic abilities.

and i love the creative idea of a special wetsuit for Darwin. can't wait to read on and see how he likes it.
Cheile chapter 8 . 9/4/2013
the dream-digging Wendy did is very interesting! that's some psychic wall Tim's got built up there...i can't wait to see how he does against more difficult mental tests Wendy will try. and the image of him coming to her quarters with slippers, messy hair and no glasses is just so damn CUTE.
Cheile chapter 7 . 8/25/2013
my classes start tomorrow so i came by for one last little treat of a couple chapters before schoolwork consumes my brain, lol.

i don't know if you will have Father Baker return, but if you do, i'd love to see him again. really like him. (tho i heard all his dialogue in Chaplain Horne's voice for some reason, LOL) sooo glad that the confession/absolution has got Tim back to his old self more or less. tho there is a new worry now that this whole mess with Mariah has obviously triggered his own buried psi factors. hopefully, Wendy can help him fix it/learn to shield himself :crosses fingers: