Reviews for Tension
Dezzidance chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
This is a great story! I am just in love with your writing style! So lovely! I hand my props award to you for all your stories!
ALIXIA chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
here's another three words for you, chica; I. ADORE. YOU.

OMG, that was the best fic I've read in...well, EVER-I have absolutely no degrading comments at ALL (I can be a bitch when something seriously disappoints me, ask butlerxartemis-though it was more mortification than disappointment in his case)-keep writing! (PLEASE! KEEP! WRITING!)

P.S. there were one or two typos there, but otherwise it was awesome!

P.P.S. Thank you SO MUCH for relieving me of my pent-up anger at aforementioned butlerxartemis. You snapped me right out of a hissy fit which could possibly lead to a place in the mental ward and the destruction of my laptop. I am in your debt.

Ciao!

Hugs and Kisses, YF, ALIXIA
half-breedMiralian chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
This fic was exceptional! The banter was continuous, and the romantic tension obvious. I cannot believe you managed to capture their personalities so well. And the gradual shift in the mood through the story was well thought out. A splendid piece.
Towards the sun chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Scream and laughing my ass at the virgin joke.
Lady of the Hunt chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Omigawsh! You're stories are so AWESOME! I cannot praise enough the depths of AWESOMENESS that they exude! I bow down in reverent awe at your incredible writing talent! Huh, looking back on this review, it seems it has inspired me to be deliciously loquacious. Ahhh...such a wonderful feeling. :D :D :D YOU ROCK!
DragonFire Princess chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Love the story, Hope you'll update the story, ASAP!
moribayashi chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
"I can't even look at a pipe without blushing!"

*falling off the chair*

that was priceless! XDD

poor, poor masumi. compared to his dream, maya's was heaven. i sincerely hope the onodera joke was true and not just a made up to make maya feel better. and yes, i understand now what maya feels whenever she's with masumi [which was translated as i love your version of masumi's witty banters]. i don't think i canstand 5 minutes being with him [in that mode] if i were in maya's shoes. i mean, as dropdead gorgeous as he is, i treasure my fragile nerves most.
DreamsRMyLife chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Cute stuff with the braid! I'm absolutely loving these (long) oneshots that can be stand alones but combine to form one great story.
caeli chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I'm dead! I laughed too hard! o

That was an absolutely wondeful fanfiction, thank you very much!
ophelietta chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Here I am again! You’ll be sick of me when the day’s through, but this is a fun way for me to relax post-exams. :D

I really love the Rei POV that opens this up. Rei is to Maya what Mizuki is to Masumi – that privileged insider who gives us the scoop on the lead’s actions and motivations that they themselves might not even fully be aware of. I really love the way Rei’s mind works, examining the situation, the possibilities, the “whyfores” of the dynamic between Masumi and Maya, and how she comes to some conclusions that are off the mark but still very plausible, given the evidence at hand. And how she clues into Maya’s attraction to Masumi even before Maya does (or at least doesn’t go into full blown denial mode, the way Maya does!). Her analysis of the tie finagle is so, so perfect. And the way she goes into concerned parent mode on Masumi just tickles me like nothing else. This moment just absolutely killed me, when Rei inadvertently drops a bombshell:

"Rei has anticipated Masumi to laugh his head off, or for him to chew her out until she was nothing but a heap of dust. What she didn't expect was for his eyes to grow to the size of billiard balls.

'So you think," he said, dangerously close to stammering, 'that… that shorty…'"

And, oh dear, but it’s just deliciously ironic to me how Rei is doing this lecturing thing, talking about Maya’s kindness in forgiving others, and ends up completely changing the game. It’s fantastic, too, to see Masumi stretching himself so thin, to give enough of the truth that it’s convincing, but not completely give way. The change in their dynamic by the end of that conversation is just so fascinating: now Rei gets to see a little of how Masumi sees Maya, and how Maya sees Masumi (and where her desire to kill him springs from). This killed me dead:

"'Whenever you flirt with her?' she said. Even though she'd seen Masumi tease and tower over Maya, she'd yet to see him display any behaviour that could rightly be labelled "flirting", unless it was performed by an eloquent five year old."

Also:

"'Hm,' Maya said, thoughtful as she blew on her tea. 'Then, you're a virgin?'"

I actually can’t say anything about this, because I’m too busy dying of laughter.

As I’ve said before (and will continue saying! For all eternity! Likely!) I love the Maya and Hasumi interactions, because they slay me. Insightful, fast, funny, at times absolutely bizarre, teasing and playful and always with that undercurrent of attraction which “levels up” to this very physical attraction in the car. The stakes just get raised higher and higher, every time, but it’s so believable, how it all plays out; it keeps the same rhythm but the tempo gets faster until we get to this complete turn around with Masumi’s unthinking comment about wanting to kiss her. That entire scene is just – gah! Leaves me absolutely breathless! This paragraph was fantastic:

"Masumi experienced a full out mental freefall. He'd never thought he'd needed to stop himself from accepting an advance from Maya, of all the people born in the free world, and as such, he wasn't the least bit equipped to deal with it rationally. Rather than wondering why someone who normally had no qualms loudly declaring her hatred towards him would, without precedent, seek him out physically, he moved with the intent of kissing her.

The one thing that saved him from destroying his existent relationship with Maya was the sudden stop of the car, which nearly toppled both of them out of the seat."

Again, Masumi just has the greatest domestic staff IN THE WORLD. And Mizuki. Tazaki’s reading of and loyalty to Masumi is just wonderfully insightful and caring:

"With Maya, that weight lifted and disappeared, enabling him to laugh without reservation, forcing him to grimace involuntarily, making him reach out and touch someone without being able to help himself. More or less, Maya inspired him to act as a human being."

I’m pretty much incoherent with glee right now, so I’ll stop this here with only one word, possibly my new favourite proper noun in the universe: ONODERA. :D
Riptiderobin chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
I totally did not know that you had added so much more Maya/Masumi goodness!

This one-shot was full of Masumi silliness, and the bully-hair-tugging reference was taken to whole other level.

Another great Maya/Masumi ficcy.
habouba chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
love this manga and your story is beautiful!

keep going please cause i love it.
irmina chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Lovely! I enjoyed this fic very much. I love Masumi and Maya. I hope they will be together in the manga.
bellsz chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
oh my gosh...love you story. it's so hard to find fanfic of garasu no kamen. so glad to see yours. hope you will write more. hopefully continue from tension ;)
pheecat chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Oh my gosh...I've just finished reading Empathy and now Tension, and I'm begging you to write more. It's so hard to find any Glass Mask fics much less ones as well-written as these. I love the banter between Maya and Masumi, but that near-kiss is killing me. I want Maya and Masumi to end up together, darn it, and we're never going to see that in the manga (I doubt it will ever actually be completed), so fanfiction is my only hope. You've taken their relationship from antagonistic to one where Maya is opening her heart to Masumi, and that's the most hopeful Glass Mask moment I've experienced in a long time. I hope you'll keep continuing their story with, of course, an eventual real romance going on. (sends hopeful puppy eyes in your direction.)

Thank you for a wonderful read!