Reviews for Two Hands in the Dark
krissygarza12 chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
OMG THE FEELS. I normally don't cry but you had me in tears. Keep up the good work even if I'm bawling tears because of it. :)
neire chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
oh my gosh that scene at the end with artemis and butler was so good
whitealmond chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
Another one that squeezed my heart until tears came to my eyes. This will be the first Butler/Holly fic I've ever read; it's such a strange pairing (or OT3, if you add in Artemis) from the outset but you make it work, and you really fleshed Butler out. I noticed how Solene resembled Holly, in the beginning ;) and I loved Butler's interaction with four year old Artemis - so true to their characters! I like the unspoken feelings at the end, the ambiguous relationship between the three of them.
AnihyrMoonstar chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Guuuhhhhhh, I hate angst. Hate it, hate it, hate it; why? Why does it have to exist? I KNOW things get sad and miserable and don't mind it sometimes but, but, but...I want to read stories and be HAPPY at the end.

Hmph. *grumble* Well...it didn't have a bad ending. And the bulk of it was good, too, though I never saw Butler as quite that much of a down-on-himself character, even though he /does/ live his life for others that just...seems to be who is, and what he lives for.

I really, really appreciated the kiss at the end. I kept clinging to the little hints at how important Artemis was to him and wondering if they would ever bear any fruit. I know I'm hyper-sensitive to that sort of thing, but I'm glad it lead me somewhere even though I was prepared for it not to since unless it's specifically classified as underlined and flashing neon lighted ARTLER, it usually doesn't end up having it.

It fit, though. The Holly thing, too. I've actually been secretly fascinated with that tiny fleeting near-impossibility in the corner of my mind. Anyways, I've rambled for too long. Good work. Poor Butler.

~Moonstar
Death Eater 4 Life chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Awesome, love a good Butler story seeing as how he is like a hybrid of Batman and Alfred. Thought you teased Butler's love for Artemis in there, but left the line between fatherly/romantic love appropriately blurred.

Personally not a big A/H fan, but it worked with the story.

Good work.
Epitome of Randomness chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
This is my first foray back into Artemis Fowl in a long time, and at first I was disappointed, but this story really made up for it. Butler is a very under-appreciated character and you really gave him character and a proper life. I loved the hands motif, and the comments about Artemis and the tray.
lkghkjdhgld chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I can think of no other words to describe this story other than beautiful.
avatarmirai chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
As always, I am in love with your writing style. I also like how the story observes the many ironies in Butler's life, but you saved the greatest of them for last. Oh my!
broken-quill24 chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I am not a the 'crying-type', but this did bring a tiny tear to my eye, which for me, means this was a stunning piece of work. Very sad, yet also thoughtful. I especially enjoyed Butler's constant internal-argument, commanding himself not to think of Holly and the use of hands as a symbol.
Kitsune Heart chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
...DAMN YOU, LLI, stop with the making-me-cry thing!

I never really think of Butler killing people. Logically, I suppose he has, but I guess I always thought of him as a sort of paladin. I recall he was supposed to blow up a drug lord's mansion, so I guess that's where the impression comes from.

Interesting twist, at the end. Very surprised at Artemis's kiss. I'm warming up to the pairing in recent weeks, so it wasn't as creepy as I used to think.
Andalee chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
This was very interesting... but GOOD interesting... I shall have to ponder it for a while.
Steinbock chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Sad. So sad it almost made me cry. It's based on your drabbles "Enjoyment" and "More than was comforteble", isn't it? And I like how it turned out, even if one should think that Butler deserved more luck than that in his life. But life is life, isn't it?.
Liris chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
OMG, wow. This is amazing, well written, beautiful. Fantastic, I love Butler so much, and the Arty/Holly/Butler triangle thing is really good, I don't think I've seen that before. Love it. This is why you're on my fave author list. Keep writing, please!

Liris

x
jayJ530 chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Sometimes I think that Butler deserves better. But then I realize that would be robbing him of his purpose in life and he certainly doesn't deserve that.

This was beautiful. It was sad, but in such a sweet, tender way. I really loved it.
The Creatress chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Wow. That was beautiful. So sad, but also... I'm finding it hard to pick a word; it's at the tip of my tongue... I don't know - satisfying? It just makes you feel a sense of peace at the end... Loved it.