Reviews for The Pro and Con Job
alessandriana chapter 10 . 1/9
This is so adorable. You do a great Parker POV.
nixer chapter 6 . 5/3/2014
Well wow. So much in this. That's Parker has the buzzing in her head for planning the way in an out and having memorized all Nate's plans. All these hints of her being the future mastermind were seeded way back then and it really is consistent that she could plan and do all this. That she can hear Nate's voice in her head and that she's lying to the imaginary people because she just wants everything to be ok. That she still considers Elliott mean to her but she doesn't care - that doesn't stop her wanting to get him out, prioritizing getting him out. That she is willing and able to kill to protect them, even though she has never killed before, even though she didn't particularly want to, and again the sense of the men-with-dogs being evil - her fear is that this is NOT one of the men-with-dogs, she's just killed someone else, someone only peripherally involved, just to escape. I don't quite understand what the little bomb was for. It says it was for the key card entrance but she opens the door before it goes off. That doesn't make sense. Surely the door would be locked? Also, I would dearly love to know what Elliott wanted to tell her and couldn't remember.
nixer chapter 5 . 5/3/2014
I'm still a bit unclear on Parker's motivation for taking such drastic action as (she believed) would kick her off the team. Not that I don't respect her wanting and trying to rescue Elliott alone, but the intensity of her desire is slightly puzzling, especially given that she's a little unsure of Elliott, most of all of the group. I wonder if the intensity is to do with her own fear of the men and the dogs. The thought in the first chapter of dogs ripping her apart was so vivid to her that I wonder if such a visceral fear was grounded in experience. Certainly her desire to get back at the men-with-dogs seems to be more than just a desire to finish the con and even have revenge. It's like she identifies men-with-dogs as being Bad with a capital B. Perhaps that it is why it becomes so disctinctly and abruptly important to her to retrieve one of her team from the evil and untrustworthy men-with-dogs. And, of course, it is a little sad that she believes in no forgiveness, is absolutely certain that this transgression against the teams trust with bar her from them for good.
nixer chapter 4 . 5/3/2014
A good little chapter. I love the individual interactions with Parker and the fact that she can't quite interpret the emotions behind the behaviour she just tries to respond appropriately. And, of course, the reference from the chapter title - that Parker is a not-entirely-tame stray dog whom they try to teach tricks and socialization. Also, thinking about the last chapter and the way she deals with physical pain as an input without (or with very little) emotional component. I know people wonder how much of Parker is simply how she was born and how much of her strangeness is due to the unpleasant circumstances of her early life. I'm not sure myself but I would assume it is a combination of the two. Yes, we can assume she was physically abused at one time or another, or at least treated with casual negligence, but I think a lot of her ability to ignore pain and take physical risks is part of the connection she has with her body. It is her greatest tool and delight. Part of what makes her such a great thief and cat-burglar is the nature of this connection. She knows how much her body can take and what she can do to it and still survive. I find it a little sad here that she's not sure if Elliott ever liked her. Honestly in their one-on-one time I would expect him to be a bit more gruffly affectionate.
nixer chapter 3 . 4/27/2014
Brilliant. I love Parker snuggling deeper into the couch while the team hovers over her, worrying. I love the scene where she drops the towel, unconcerned about Sophie since she's "pretty sure she's more interested in Nate anyway". And Sophie talking to her like a small, woodland creature. It's wonderful to get Parker's sense of how odd "normal" people can seem to her. It's also lovely to have a sense of Sophie - warm and soft and smelling of perfume. There are things one lacks with a visual medium. Since I have only just discovered and marathoned through Leverage it is great to come to fanfiction for the first time and gain the benefit of these descriptions. Also I love how you draw Hardison with Parker. I can't understand people who ship her with Elliot. I mean yes, I get the connection/similarities between them, but Elliot mostly treats her as an annoying, mental, younger sister whereas Hardison is kind, perceptive and patient with her.
nixer chapter 2 . 4/27/2014
Great chapter. I love the mix of anxiety and concern from each member of the team, the sense of their tension. And again, the morning scene of Nate discovering Parker is very clear. I love how well you capture Parker's voice. It sounds exactly like I imagine her inner voice would sound, and it ends up being funny in the same way Parker is often funny. It's an interesting aspect of this character how little she notices physical pain, or how easily she ignores it. And like so many things about Parker's behaviour, she doesn't quite understand why other people find it so surprising. I also like the idea that she can appreciate the beauty of the night.
nixer chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Brilliant story! I read it right though once, now I'll review chapter by chapter. This is a great beginning. You capture early-seasons-Parker very well - her affection for each member of the team, her protectiveness of them, but still quite ready and eager to ditch them and work alone again. That's highlighted again in 'Inside Job' - which is early season 3, it should be noted - that even though Parker cares for each of them she always had a slight discomfort at being part of a team and never quite trusted it, even when she wanted to. Your writing style is vivid and descriptive and we can feel the night, the darkness of the wood, the sense of running and the dogs and men behind. I like Parker's self awareness and sense of herself - who and what she is and her capabilities. I love the final line (you can't highlight in ff anymore? stupid).
SpankyMcFartleson chapter 10 . 4/20/2014
Loved this so much and wish you were still writing!
smthwallflower chapter 10 . 10/6/2013
FTW. Baller - me loved it :)
personofnoconcern3000 chapter 10 . 1/14/2013
I LOVE your portrayal of Parker. Nice job!
personofnoconcern3000 chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
"by God, she will leave it behind if it doesn't get its act together" made me burst out laughing. Hope Parker is okay!
PurpleBlaze chapter 10 . 12/19/2012
I'm going to start a petition that you should write more Leverage fanfic. You're characterization is spot-on and your story was so fun to read. It pains me that I can't read more, because this story is amazing and I want it to have brothers and sisters. As a Parker fan, I vote that you keep with the Parker voice. You nailed it!
JB McDragon chapter 10 . 9/28/2012
This was awesome. You have Parker's voice down pat!
Destiny JoRayne Adams chapter 10 . 10/30/2011
Oh my word, this is amazing! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing this!

-Desi Jo
meeks00 chapter 10 . 9/30/2011
This was a wonderful read, full of suspense from start to finish. I liked how it wasn't centered around lack of information - instead, you did a great job in building tension and developing the characters. Your Parker is fantastic, and I think you really delved deeper with her. Thanks for sharing!