Reviews for The Potions Master's Nephew
nili-roshan chapter 14 . 6/14
I LOVED this fic! It was great! I love Severus Snape; I was on the prowl for a good SS fic, and this was it! I also really enjoyed Draco's part in this. Ginny, too. Although, I felt like that final tryst with Severus and Ginny was a little much. Still, I was engrossed throughout the entire story. It is very well written and the characters develop very nicely. Thank you!
sia chapter 1 . 6/14
its an awesome concept author's got. deriving a totally new plot from the already existing one is a great idea.
Why must you make Severus have a crush on Garwood? He loves LILY forever and ever... unless of course, he's seeing Lily in Garwood? Then, it's fine.
time2read chapter 14 . 2/3
OKKKKK soo... to begin with your story is bloody brilliant! I skimmed thrpugh the whole snape over 100k words section and yours was one of the few that caught my attention. I must say what you had here is quite interesting and original. however I would like to point out some things which hindered your progress in the favoring and following department.
For one the story was too short more of a summery then an in depth analyses... for example snape was bitten by a dog yet he survives with barely any reference to his time sick or hurt...
Another thing is the time jumps... granted they do work on occasion but I feel that you skimmed through too much. this story should be at least 500klong and still barely scratch the surface of possibilities
Ginny and Draco...well you made it work but I kept thinking Draco should be with Hermione
Snape and the older hot teacher...meh didn't like it that much
So to summarize you should have went into detail and left some of the kissy lovey dovie stuff out because after a while it got really irritating...Hmm the whole founder thing would have worked but again you were too fast in your writing more of skiming through then really getting into things...
Now for the good stuff...
Firstly the idea of a young snape is awesome and done rather well in your story, he doesn't act Oc and he is awesome. I like his personality it makes me wish snape really did have a nephew
Writing the play was funny I would have loved to see it in action
And lastly snape is a kind of characters that I think does deserve to go back in time hese so noble and selfless even though his whole life was being betrayed that if anyone deserves another shot at life its him
Also obiously you have other things in life etc so perhaps you just couldn't physically put in the time so its all cool
Anyway great story I know I criticized a lot but that's if you want to go up a notch in this department. Otherwise it was a fun read in between classes and I enjoyed it.
Thanks! Later!
TheElectricFire chapter 1 . 1/9
I don't like the whole Ginny/Draco thing (I read this on Google Play)
Seudonimia chapter 14 . 3/19/2014
Well, let me start by saying that I hate and have always hated Draco. I've always found him to be petty, angry, bigoted... you catch my drift, so I won't keep on blabering about it.

So when I found myself rooting for him in your fic, wishing for Harry to loose, that's when I realized I was reading something absolutely amazing. Seriously, I read the complete fourteen chapters in just two days, because the writing and the story was so engaging. And I really appreciated that the main characters were actually extremely well developed. Not only do they start like their canon counterparts, but the way they evolve feels natural. And Snape and his problems made me laugh, the way he deals with Oreo over the course of the story was just the perfect way to show how he is being changed by his friends.

There were just two things I didn't like as much: The Founders plot, as I felt that it took the focus away from the main characters in the last part of the story, and the apparent ease with which Death Eaters can enter into Hogwarts. But those are just my personal peeves.

So, to summarize. Great work, very enjoyable, extremely well written, loved it.
BlueCaesar chapter 14 . 11/1/2013
Fan-bloody-tastic! And may I say, I find it particularly satisfying that Snape keeps this (hotter) body and get his second chance!
KomodoClassic chapter 11 . 10/27/2013
0_0 They picked between the Matrix and Flashdance?

Genius, I tell you. Utter brilliance. This fic comes highly recommended, and I can certainly see why. I'm not to the end yet, but I'm eager to see how it all turns out.

I'm trying not to gush ridiculously here. This is fantastic.
Merkaba7734 chapter 14 . 9/3/2013
(Well personally I'd love to read about Woodley and Harry's Slythindor babies...)

Anyway, I'm impressed with how you took this ridiculous premise and made it work. Severus Snape de-aging into a fifteen-year-old, being sorted into Gryffindor, becoming bffs with Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley, and adopting a kitten named Oreo... on face value it sounds like it would require some extreme ooc-ness from Snape (and others) in addition to some crazy plotting. However (to reiterate) it worked!

One of the pieces that really made this story in my opinion was how you wrote Severus. The idea of him being forced back into his teenage years seems so preposterous partially because his dignity, his solemnity/focused intentness/gravitas- I hope I'm somewhat conveying my meaning here- are so much a part of his persona. Such things are stripped from him after the change. I mean really, the age of fifteen is kinda by nature an era of indignity. In addition, I liked how you portrayed the effect his (first) youth had on him, how it stunted him emotionally/developmentally and actually made it easier- and in the end natural- for him to relive his adolescence.

Draco and Ginny were also compelling. With Draco there was a nice balance of expanding on the canon and still mostly avoiding the 'in leather pants' trope. I really liked how his character developed as the three got closer. It was believable as he transitions transitioned from the prince of Slytherin to a guy with real friends who didn't really care that Blaise Zabini took over his throne and goons. Much appreciation there. Honestly I'm not really a fan of Ginny as JKR wrote her, but here she was fleshed out and real- as well as being pretty awesome. Their relationship was sexy (coming from a non-shipper), but did fall a bit on the side of being too acrimonious. A few more moments of them being nice to each other would have been... nice.

Now speaking of the trio which was beauteous... The forbidden forest was so well-done for establishing their characters and bringing them together. Christmas was also so much fun and I loved the view into Slytherin House. Higgs was coolness personified. I had no idea wtf was up with Pip Woodley for most of the story, and I liked it. Draco having had a twin made so much sense by the time all was revealed. I love me some Founders so the Fountain and all the interwoven mythology gets an A plus.

Anyway thanks for writing and sharing and finishing this story. It was much fun to read and I'm sorry I didn't get to read (and express my enjoyment) earlier.
imelda72 chapter 14 . 8/20/2013
Wow! So, 10 years after first reading it, I've come back to see that you finished this fic. I'm so glad you did! This fic is a delight, although I wish we could have gotten a little bit more of Draco and Ginny being decent to each other... But your Snape storyline is flawless. I read your notes about how you rewrote and rewrote his final decision, and I think what you ended up with is simply perfect. True to character, and also, the best thing for him.

The friendship between the 3 of them is a wonderful thing - totally different from the original Trio, but equally wonderful in its own strange, complicated way. I wish we could see more of them when they are at that they have (mostly) worked out their issues, I'd love to just enjoy their dynamic you know? That's the one thing I wish we could've gotten more of - them just being chill with one another. For that reason, Christmas Day is maybe my favorite sequence from this fic. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Sigghhh. I am so thrilled that you finished this fic. And, in typical greedy reader fashion, so sad that there's no more of them to read! Ta ta to sexy 15 year old Severus (OK, that sounds wrong for an adult to say, but you get the idea), pining Draco, confused Ginny, and the unexpected bffs! I'll miss them. 3
Kirinin chapter 7 . 8/9/2013
I figured I would stop here and review, because I just keep hitting that 'next' button because I want more. This is a terribly engaging story!

I like Severus's changing personality - it's obvious he's very different from his original, adult self, which must mean you've done the changes gradually enough that I, as the reader, didn't notice a jolting shift from one to the other. Draco, too, shows positive changes, and really, so does Ginny. When she referred to *herself* as 'beautiful', it made her sound more like the author talking than the character... but I do see a certain arrogance in her. And that's not knocking her character, or your writing - she's still likeable, and funny. It's more like being a bit self-absorbed is part of who she is.

I like that Severus needs to run around, and that his appearance has changed accordingly, and that Hermione, at least, is already pretty certain of the truth. I think it's going to be interesting to see Severus play Quidditch for Gryffindor. I wonder if it'll make him get along with Harry and the others better, or if he'll continue to be - as he himself observed - a bit of a James. I wonder if he realizes how close he and Ginny and Draco are to becoming the New Marauders: cool, funny, and athletic, and poking fun at others in a way that's often falls right on the line of moral ambiguity. I think the observation would horrify his adult self, but in his current state he'd probably shrug it off and go on to attain new heights of coolness, lol.

I wonder how much Severus realizes he is destroying his adult life. When the spell is broken, Potter will have been his Quidditch Captain, and Draco and Ginny will have been his best friends. Hagrid is more understandable, even in Snape's grown-up context, because he's a character who seems to comfortably straddle child-like qualities with grown-up responsibilities. But the rest of the life he's built will come crashing down. The powers that he gained from being part-cat will disappear, too - by the way, nice symbolism for the fluidity and vigor we experience as teens - and he will be left without much in the way of comfort. As heartwarming as the story is, and slice-of-life amusing, the spectre of the inevitable end hangs over the entire business. That is, unless you find some way of keeping Severus as he is, while being honest with others about who he has been - a very unusual way to end a story such as this one.

I look forward to the rest! Thanks for writing and posting this one. :)

Guest chapter 14 . 5/11/2013
made me laugh - thanks for writing :)
Madlenita chapter 2 . 3/16/2013
So Hagrid is praud that Sev is in Gryfindor, thanks for this story...
Guest chapter 14 . 10/7/2012

Found on TvTropes, thought it was kinda meh or even dare say slash but it was quite good actually, I wonder if someday we will se more of this...

In my opinion this deserves like...1k reviews lol too bad is so short, finished in 2 sittings!

I tip my hat best wishes!

P.S: No Harry/Woodly I beg of you! lol
Guest chapter 5 . 8/30/2012
""Sounds like someone's beating a house-elf…"

"Bagpipes are all right," Severus yawned.

" –And the house-elf's beating a kneazle," continued to moan Draco, now under a cloud of shampoo. "And the kneazle's being violently ill…""

is winner!