Reviews for Four Things That Never Happened to Naruto
donahermurphy chapter 1 . 7/21/2015
Aw. The line that really got me was when Kakashi had one of his eyes uncovered so his dead teammate could see to. Because for twelve year old Naruto to have known that was the reason... it must be something Kakashi explained at least once, and does semi-regularly, whenever there is a happy memory that Obito would particularly want to see.

...And I can't see canon!Kakashi ever being happy often enough to develop that habit, which is kind of heartbreaking. It really showcases the differences between the two universes, and in such a small lie, too.

Btw, my favorite scene was little Hokage!Naruto "letting Kyouko-san go." Died laughning. No wonder the woman had to hold onto the desk to keep herself upright.
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
That's gorgeous. 'Leather and coffee and ink'. The best part is when Minato resolves to be a better dad to his son. And his dressing up as the Hokage is awesome. *cackles*
And then, on his graduation, when Kakashi had both eyes out so Obito could see too. :')
It's just so awesome.
knightinred chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
I was entranced by Minato adoring his 3-days-old son with that overwhelming love, yet still having his own insecurity as a father. The scene of him giving advices, both as a Hokage and a father, to a 12-years-old Naruto reminded me of chapter "Conversation with Yondaime".

But the part which I love the most is the conflict between him and Kushina in the middle of the story. It was just realistic... even Namikaze Minato could lose his patience and Uzumaki Kushina would break. I haven't found a reality of a newly born family being written that well.

Keep up your good work ;D
zeonista13 chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
This was an awesome story. Tobi no baka. :P
LunaEchoWillow chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Lovely
Queen of Narnia49 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
This is ridiculously adorable. I love this so much. Just wow.
meatballs in the impala chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Reviewing this thing has been the bane of my existence for a long, long time. I've tried composing a review that will do it justice, but I'm still not sure how well I did on that.

Anyway, I've got to say that this is potentially one of the best what-if-Naruto's-parents-didn't-die stories I've ever had the pleasure to read. It was smart of you to divide it into separate phases of Naruto's life, and focus on how his parents dealt with his coming as well.

What I really want to stand on, is the way you portrayed the situation at the Namikaze household when Naruto is six months old. I loved the way you showed that they are not a dream family that has no problems and deals everything with a smile on their faces. They struggle to adjust to their new life as much as every new parent does. It was really interesting to see that Kushina and Minato drove apart from each other, eventually leading to Kushina's departure. I think it was a very humane approach. They might be ninjas and powerful and fearless, but a new balance is always something hard to find. I also have to point out this beautiful line—"she cries for her baby, an innocent victim in his parents' struggle for balance".

I don't think I need to mention anything else, but if it means anything to you, Naruto felt completely in character. So, thank you for sharing this story. You poetic use of prose is really something for you to take pride in, and the rest of us to look up to.
mndstjohn chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
Aww! Cute!
kage kitsune no yami chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
That was so beautiful. :)
lise chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
and a big loooool (or mdr ) from france
Kintora chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
LOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEE. Especially during Naruto's 7 year old phase. If only the canon had been this sweet.
andysanime chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Good job on this story and... ha-ha, little Naru was just too cute XD
whointheworldwouldbelievethat chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Beautiful...just beautiful
musings of a lifetime chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Is there a continuation to this? It's really good!
otaku1412 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Wow. Just... wow. very beautifully written!