Reviews for Come, Natsuki, The Game is Afoot
ZonaRose chapter 9 . 11/29/2010
This one was better then the first one. Looking foreword to the next ones.
Strangeness chapter 9 . 10/10/2010
Wow, that was a very intense story. The atmosphere was certainly amazing. I am really impressed by how you created the setting and let the story flow. Natsuki has some serious issues there and that story in itself is interesting. I would wish for some more layers of Shiziru's personality to be shown. Well, seeing that the story is told from Natsuki's point of view the I guess that we just see what Natsuki is seeing, but it would be nice to get some more of her.

Overall a very entertaining and fascinating story. I hope to read more of it soon :)
The.Hoppy chapter 9 . 8/28/2010
I knew I really liked this story when I got to Natsuki going over all the possible suspects and trying to puzzle out who it was, because when Shizuru said she'd had an idea since dinner I had to go back and re-read that part of chapter 4. And then I went and got myself just as frustrated as Natsuki.

I guessed Dashiell, wildly, because he was the only one who'd said much of anything during dinner - and then I was right and woo, being right, satisfaction. Except without Shizuru's prompt I wouldn't even have been able to guess, and then I decided this was a cool read. You've got fun characterization and a plot that actually makes sense and, somehow, got me engrossed without (gasp) a hint of romance. It's also rare for me to enjoy OCs this much, but your stories seem to do that.

That and the conclusion (to this case, anyway) was satisfying. All sorts of satisfying. That's a key word for this story or something. Off to read the next one~
Sorrow86 chapter 9 . 6/5/2010
I like this one. Reminds me of The Hound of Baskervilles (one of the movies of course, since I still haven't read any of the books). Would have been strange if there was a real ghost, but there's always a chance, eh? :P

The subplot with Natsuki is making me intrigued. It's nice when a story sucks you in and you can't stop reading because you want answers. Good job on making this slow paced and interesting. :)
xn3ct chapter 9 . 5/11/2010
Thank you for this magnificent installment! I already read "Elementary, My Dear Natsuki", but didn't review it (I'm sorry, I'm really a lurker at heart) But such well written Fanfictions are not easy to come by, specially in the Shiznat fandom, so I thought I really owe it to you to leave a comment. I'm surprised how well you have managed to fuse the Holmes&Watson with Shizuru&Natsuki. When I read the preview of your story I didn't think it could really work out, so I'm really impressed. In this adventure I specially liked Shizuru's line in the 8th chapter: "She loves her father, and love inevitably means that we will suffer at times." I think it really nailed Shizuru's tragic atmosphere. Maybe I can hope for more Shiznat in the future? I'm also curious about finding out more about Shizuru's and Natsuki's background. I'm happy I still have a couple of other adventures in this universe to read, I'm looking forward to it!
Shazu chapter 9 . 2/11/2010
This story was an amazing read! You've made me remember that I enjoy mystery/drama/crime. xD

Thanks for writing this I look forward to more!
Icemera chapter 9 . 12/30/2009
Hi, DezoPenguin

I just saw Sherlock Holmes (the movie), and then I found this series of yours. How lucky I am! Plus, it's completed :D Great job so far. It was beautifully written. I loved the setting and the interactions between Shizuru and Natsuki. I've never read Holmes novels before, so I'm not sure how much your stories relied on them. I do remember Gladstone from the movie though. Well, I think it's probably a good idea for me not to read the novels, so that I wouldn't spoil myself.

Eagerly waiting for your next series!
emosewa chapter 9 . 11/17/2009
ohh.. suspense. i bope for the sequel soon. love the trill. love the story. thanks!
colorfulsunrise514 chapter 9 . 11/16/2009
Natsuki is so hard core! Don't mess with Natsuki. :) I am so looking forward to the next installment.
ThunderJovi chapter 9 . 11/15/2009
I'm confused...

Who is West again?

And where did Shizuru go?
Nykonyx chapter 9 . 11/13/2009
WOW... Honestly, I was never really into mystery before... but this! THIS. HAS. ME. HOOKED. xD!

I absolutely LOVE the way you write... it feels as if I'm really reading a Sherlock Holmes type of book.

Pure awesomeness.

Please continue! (I know you will! :D)

I certainly can't wait for the next chapter now!
lurk-a-lot chapter 9 . 11/12/2009
Because you've immersed me so well into the Victorian era with your writing, my first thought when I read the description of the cufflinks was not Searrs or the First District, but the Masons instead. _;; *lol*

Excellent stuff. Looking forward to the next installment. Cheers! _
GeshronTyler chapter 9 . 11/12/2009
Curioser and curioser. I do wonder what will end up taking the place of the "1st District", and the Festival. Your Natsuki seems more in control of her emotions and intentions than HiME Natsuki.
BioDragon chapter 9 . 11/11/2009
Natsuki is someone you don't want to mess with
Kuma Kuma chapter 9 . 11/11/2009
You never disappoint! Thanks for creating such a great mystery for our enjoyment. Every week you provided readers like myself with a thoroughly entertaining mystery. I can't wait for the next installment of your fabulous series!
145 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »